Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Majin Tensei

D_kOJPCUEAA6de3
D_kOL4UU0AEwX4g
D_kOM-2VAAELFIN

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I'm about halfway through it. Like many SRPGs, it suffers from being somewhat tedious around midpoint, but overall it's a good game, just needed some extra time on the table to become very good. :positive:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I tried this many, many years ago, but didn't get too far due to moonrunes, I'm quite happy its translated, despite any shortcomings it has

spekkio

Arcane
In August 2016 spekkio said:
BROS, the OP has been updated. Next regular update has been scheduled to August 2020. :obviously:
'Twas a lie... OP has been declined again.

As always, I've skipped NES translations (too many to list) and some weirder shit...

Mostly linking to posts ITT, unless these had obsolete / wrong / not working external links posted.
Plus, if when Infinitron fucks sth up again, there will be a lot of wrong page numbers to fix for extra lulz. From what I've checked, some old links are already broken (good post #, wrong page #), but I'm not gonna waste my time fixing these, since I wasn't the one who fuck 'em up in the first place (deleting some post / posters). :roll:

New shit:
  • 7th Dragon 2020-II (PSP)
  • A Certain Magical Index (PSP)
  • Ace Combat 3 (Retranslation) PS1
  • Ar Tonelico 2 - Project Metafalica (Retranslation) (PS2)
  • Aretha (Snes)
  • Asuncia - Staff of Sealing (PS1)
  • Atelier Marie + Elie - The Alchemists Of Salburg (PS2)
  • Brandish 2 - Planet Buster (PC-98)
  • CRW Metal Jacket (PC-98)
  • Custom Robo (N64)
  • Dead of the Brain (PC-98)
  • Fire Emblem 4 - Genealogy of the Holy War (Retranslation) (Snes)
  • Fire Emblem 5 - Thracia 776 (Snes)
  • G. O. D. (Snes)
  • Glory Of Heracles 4 - Gift From The Gods (Snes)
  • Karous (Dreamcast)
  • La Wares (Snes)
  • Lost Bible 3 (Snes)
  • Majin Tensei (Snes)
  • Majin Tensei 2 (Snes)
  • Napoleon (GBA)
  • Nayuta - Endless Trails (PSP)
  • Ni no Kuni: The Jet-Black Mage (NDS)
  • Policenauts (Sega Saturn)
  • Princess Minerva (Snes)
  • Seven Mansions (Dreamcast)
  • Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne Maniax - Chronicle Edition (PS2)
  • Shin Megami Tensei if... (Snes)
  • Song of the Angel (Snes)
  • Star Cruiser II: The Oddyseus Project (PC-98)
  • Stories of Ihavoto (Snes)
  • Super Famicom Wars (Snes)
  • Super Robot Wars 3 (Retranslation) (Snes)
  • Super Robot Wars A - Portable (PSP)
  • Super Robot Wars Ex (Snes)
  • Super Robot Wars Gaiden - The Elemental Lords (Snes)
  • Tear Ring Saga - Berwick Saga (PS2)
  • Tear Ring Saga - Champions of Yutona (PS1)
  • Tengai Makyou Zero (Snes)
  • The Great Ace Attorney (3DS)
  • Vixen 357 (SMD / Genesis)
Anyway, these are great days we're living, bros. A lot of interesting shit has been translated. And probably a ten times more of an uninteresting shit...

:incline:

Last edited:

LJ40

Cipher
Janky translation patch for Mizzurna Falls (PSX) was briefly up on romhacking.net yesterday before it got pulled. By any chance, did anyone grab it before it got yanked?

flyingjohn

Arcane
Janky translation patch for Mizzurna Falls (PSX) was briefly up on romhacking.net yesterday before it got pulled. By any chance, did anyone grab it before it got yanked?
It is incomplete and crashes a lot, i doubt anybody would want it.

LJ40

Cipher
That's what I figured. Was going to try to give it a go before attempting to slog through the version from Project Mizzurna (game patched with tags that refer to a text file), but other than waiting forever it's probably the best I can do.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Now if only someone took it upon themselves to translate the Power Dolls games...

Endemic

Arcane
Now if only someone took it upon themselves to translate the Power Dolls games...

Limited Line Detachment got an English localized release, you could always play that while you're waiting ;)

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Limited Line Detachment got an English localized release, you could always play that while you're waiting
The translation is of questionable quality from what I've been told. In the original Japanese version the all female unit was created for PR reasons, they're mascots, while in the English translation the planet they originate from is all-female.

Endemic

Arcane
The translation is of questionable quality from what I've been told. In the original Japanese version the all female unit was created for PR reasons, they're mascots, while in the English translation the planet they originate from is all-female.

I can't really comment on that out-of-context. I don't know much about the series besides it sharing a soundtrack composer with Berwick Saga (Hiroto Saitoh).

The fundamentals seem to be fine in this gameplay video.

As for the Japanese releases, this might be of use to you: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/573374-power-dolls-2-detachment-of-limited-line-service/faqs/35328

Duraframe300

Arcane
Finished translation of NES jrpg Otaku no Seiza: Adventure in the Otaku Galaxy (https://www.romhacking.net/translations/4971/)

Holy shit

The plot involves a matriarchal society in which men are mocked as nerds and women reign supreme. The protagonist sets out to prove that he’s a real man and put the women of the world in their place by courting the Goddess herself… if the roaving fiends and the powerful Daughters of Aurora don’t stop him first.

I'm surprised this got translated.

shywn

Savant

Bad news, I'm afraid. The people on 4chan think this translation is more guesswork than translation and if those screenshots are accurate, I have to agree...

Late edit: I double-checked it myself. Yes, those specific screenshots can indeed be filed as 'wtf was the translator smoking', but the rest is mostly fine. How this end result came to be, I don't know. Take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
the people of 4chan are hardly trustworthy, sounds more like the usual retarded complaints about not being literal enough by some weaboos

flyingjohn

Arcane
the people of 4chan are hardly trustworthy, sounds more like the usual retarded complaints about not being literal enough by some weaboos
It is google translate,you can see it because there is a lot of made up stuff that makes sense coupled with actual correct stuff.
Google translate is notorious for doing that.

shywn

Savant
You may have noticed from my contributions to the forum, esp. Playground, that I know enough to make a judgement myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom