Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Any time someone retranslates a japanese script to "be more faithful to the source material" it is always garbage. It means it's some retarded weeb with an agenda, be it political or otherwise.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
This looks slightly interesting.

Project completed! English translation for the Blue Submarine no.6 ~Time & Tide~ (青の6号) for the awesome SEGA Dreamcast console. Blue Submarine No. 6: Time & Tide is an post-apocalyptic underwater-exploration game with rpg and not-linear adventure elements. Developed by SEGA and released for the Dreamcast in 7 Dec. 2000. In DC edition we follows the exploits of a deep-sea salvage crew as they recover treasure.

http://sega.c0.pl/faqs/blue_submarine_no6_time_and_tide_english_translation_dreamcast.html

b6_dreamcast_english_1.png
b6_dreamcast_english_3.png
b6_dreamcast_english_2.png

Repressed Homosexual
Nobody normal would waste thousands of hours on something complicated and frustrating, with no recognition and no pay. Only a mentally ill individual would do that. A normal person would go out with friends or raise their family.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Nobody normal would waste thousands of hours on something complicated and frustrating, with no recognition and no pay. Only a mentally ill individual would do that. A normal person would go out with friends or raise their family.
Who is wasting thousands of hours?

The translator finishes in a week or a month if he/she is spending a hour a day translating. Translating isn't complicated.
The programming guys spend even less daily time because that is how programming works with these projects. They don't have to make their own tools or do crazy shit.This isn't the wonder swan or level 5 shenanigans.
Also irregular schedules mean you can go months without doing anything and then spend a productive month.
The play testers are the only ones "wasting" their time and even then they get to play a game they like in a language they understand.

Recognition is a given since anybody wanting to play this in English only has one option.
And why would anybody pay for hobbies?Getting paid for your hobby is called work.
Also you can spend time with your family and have hobbies,it is not binary.

Derringer

Prophet
Any time someone retranslates a japanese script to "be more faithful to the source material" it is always garbage. It means it's some retarded weeb with an agenda, be it political or otherwise.
Sticking in garbage that wasn't in the original script goes beyond literal translation shit.

Derringer

Prophet
https://gbatemp.net/threads/phantas...y-english-localization-public-release.576943/
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity (re-release of Phantasy Star Portable 2 with improved gameplay and a large second story) has gotten a patch (only original release was released in English).
Any recomendations on what race to play?
It's not even race you have to consider, in PSP2i gender also factors into play. I haven't researched much but I think CASTs and Deumans are probably the highest "tier". And likely Female because they get more mana (PP) regen.
The Deumans are neat for a change if you've already played any version of PSU since the classes themselves are already pretty samey. They look kind of gay though.

Endemic

Arcane
Good news: Aethin finally got some free time to work on Berwick Saga. Patch version RC2 is being beta tested; if all goes well any remaining typos\inconsistencies should be fixed, along with untranslated alternate ending dialogue.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
They went to the trouble of translating at least part of the game, yet can't be bothered to translating the error messages that pop up whenever you try to run it. And curiously, the zip file is just the contents of the disc, just ripped. That's a galaxy brained take right there, unless they bothered to remove any copy protection it has. Of course if they did do that, I wonder why they wouldn't also remove the requirement for it to be run with 256 colors. Sigh...

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Of course if they did do that, I wonder why they wouldn't also remove the requirement for it to be run with 256 colors. Sigh...

Was that a joke?
No, the game says something about 256 whenever I try to run it, then quits.

I mean you can't just mod out the color requirements, all the in-game graphics are tailored the 8-bit graphics which 256 colors imply, you would have to completely reverse-engineer the game and put new graphics in, which is kinda crazy

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Of course if they did do that, I wonder why they wouldn't also remove the requirement for it to be run with 256 colors. Sigh...

Was that a joke?

I mean you can't just mod out the color requirements, all the in-game graphics are tailored the 8-bit graphics which 256 colors imply, you would have to completely reverse-engineer the game and put new graphics in, which is kinda crazy
You sure about that? I seem to remember some game having a patch removing the 256 color mode requirement and it definitely wasn't as weighty as something with all-new graphics. Probably still inconvenient though. Hmm, weird, now I'm wondering if I just hallucinated that or something...

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Was that a joke?

You sure about that? I seem to remember some game having a patch removing the 256 color mode requirement and it definitely wasn't as weighty as something with all-new graphics. Probably still inconvenient though. Hmm, weird, now I'm wondering if I just hallucinated that or something...

Well, I haven't played the game, but what you're asking is basically wanting to mod a CGA game to work as an EGA game (or an EGA game as a VGA game, etc), if you get the idea

Derringer

Prophet
I think most people know about Gideon and Aeon Genesis if they have any interest in fan translations, for better or for worse. Some people were saying he was calling SMT fans misogynists a little while ago.

newtmonkey

Arcane
The translator finishes in a week or a month if he/she is spending a hour a day translating. Translating isn't complicated.

Absolutely not true, and there's a reason why translation groups are always looking for translators, and not the other way around.

Here's some facts from someone who does J-E translation for a living. A competent but fast J-E translator works at a speed of 1,000-2,000 characters per hour. Most RPGs from the 16-bit era onward have tens if not hundreds of thousands of characters of text to translate, much of it completely without any context whatsoever. No one is translating an RPG in an hour a day for a week or even a month.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5817/

SRW OG Original Generation for PS 2 full English Patch is released!

This is a full remake and adding a lot of new stuff too for the 2 SRW OG games on GBA.

For those who don't know SRW OG series is just SRW but only with Banpresto/Bandai original characters which appeared throughout the mainline SRW Games since SRW 4. So there is no licensed character here.

That being said, having smaller cast and not constrained to licensed IP sotryline, the OG games usually have better writing and character focus. Compared to mainline SRW of each console, OG games usually have better animations too due to money not used to buy expensive license.

If you are a fans of mecha anime play it!

God fuck I am so giddy to have another SRW in English :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5817/

SRW OG Original Generation for PS 2 full English Patch is released!

This is a full remake and adding a lot of new stuff too for the 2 SRW OG games on GBA.

For those who don't know SRW OG series is just SRW but only with Banpresto/Bandai original characters which appeared throughout the mainline SRW Games since SRW 4. So there is no licensed character here.

That being said, having smaller cast and not constrained to licensed IP sotryline, the OG games usually have better writing and character focus. Compared to mainline SRW of each console, OG games usually have better animations too due to money not used to buy expensive license.

If you are a fans of mecha anime play it!

God fuck I am so giddy to have another SRW in English :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Awesome, can't wait to play

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom