Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Every games use 3D graphics. Even 2D graphics is created through 3D graphics models. So, who says that he prefers 2D to 3D graphics is an idiot.

You win this thread, this made me angry.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Every games use 3D graphics. Even 2D graphics is created through 3D graphics models. So, who says that he prefers 2D to 3D graphics is an idiot.

Good looking 2D graphics are made with... rolling drums...

2D Tools!

Might & Magic III to V.
Dark Sun, Fantasy General, KotC.
Quest for Glory series, Quest For Infamy.
Many Adventure games from the golden era.
Battle Brothers, Darkest Dungeon for the most recent.
And so many more.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Modern "c"RPGs are just pozzed up soulless cashgrabs that gullible retards keep buying into, thus furthering the "decline" they constantly like to cry about.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet

Good looking 2D graphics are made with... rolling drums...

2D Tools!

Might & Magic III to V.
Dark Sun, Fantasy General, KotC.
Quest for Glory series, Quest For Infamy.
Many Adventure games from the golden era.
Battle Brothers, Darkest Dungeon for the most recent.
And so many more.
Older games are indeed 2D because the tecnology was different. I was talking about modern games where the 3D technology is cheaper and require people with no particular draw capability and less time to develop 2D art than drawing and animating it directly in 2D.
Obviously there are exceptions, but they are (and will be even more) rare.
Another example: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...D_pipeline_for_2D_animation_in_Dead_Cells.php

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I actually like quest markers. They save time. I hate wasting time looking for shit in games. I start getting anxiety about how much time I'm wasting. I wonder if all the people who complain about quest markers refuse to use GPS to get anywhere.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Modern games are unfun by design. Games are a balance of fun and unfun parts. The fun parts keep you playing. The unfun parts are the ones where companies make most of the money.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
The upcoming Elder Scrolls VI will be considered one of the greatest RPG of this generation.

After the game’s releases, the codex would be completely up on arms about it. There will be a mixture of whining, jeering, gloating, and moaning about the game telling each other on how it sucks so much and how it drags down the whole genre, yet again.

But they would end up playing it.

For hundreds of hours.

And as the dust settles, a Jewish moderator on a certain forum to uncertain rpg enthusiasts, would be sent by an admin from Australia to Bethesda, to talk with a certain member of a chess club, eventually repairing the broken relationship codex had with Bethesda and casting down their old reputation as elitist snobs.

Can't handle the bacon

In the argument between storyfags and gameplayfags, both parties are wrong.

The most important thing in any video game is diversity and inclusion.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Classless systems are shit and laziness from developers who can't be bothered to make something with depth so they put a bunch of random skills out there for you to mix and match and pretend they have some sort of thematic relation.

Having a proper class you can customize and differentiate from others with feats or perks is good. Having a blank slate you're expected to make a class or "build" out of with boring abilities that everyone else has access to is a swift uninstall and refund.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Listen, this thread is all funny ha ha let's say something that's not true but actually there's enough truth to it to sting a little or to make us realize something about ourselves that we don't want to see or whatever but still, only one thing really matters:

No RPG ever invented will ever hold you in its arms while you fall asleep weeping.

eli

Learned
the most important thing about a game's mechanics is not what they are but what experience they create working together.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom