Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
p0szBLw.png
Wait is this actually an RPG? I thought it was an adventure game without gear or skills to choose from.

Deleted member 28561

There's no real leftist agenda, just a few loud voices on social network and some very impotent idealists. The real power is still held by conservative rich people and everybody else just kicks down, because they are afraid of the power of the rich.
Same people, same process, same agenda. Leftists are doing work for rich merchants and bankers and this always case since late 1700s. Only difference between leftist activist and rich oligarch is who benefits from larger movement. Believe same things, work to same goal, agree on all. New and old left both.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Skyrim is a better RPG than DOS2. Yes, I'm serious;

Skyrim doesn't have cooldowns(except in shouts), awful diablo 3 style itemization, archers that can't hit elephants at 14m of distance and other nonsensical BS. Sure, is a very shallow action game with barely no rpg on it. But at least in skyrim, you have tier based magicl progression, interesting enchantments in magical gear and etc. Sure, still vastly inferior to Morrowind, which is the best TES game, but I don't know why people here in codex praises it so much.

Gothic doesn't even have a quest compass, so how can it be a RPG game?

Nor romanceable elf companions.

Azdul

Magister
Few days ago Fallout 3 was at the top of bestsellers list on GOG. People are finally ready to appreciate the previously overlooked classic.
-20% promotion coincided with Steam version update breaking FOSE - still, it was weird ...

wishbonetail

Learned
Crpgs came from tabletop where you only played single character, so you should only be allowed to control your main character in rpgs. Party members should be controlled by ai and only influenced through dialog. As of now the only role you play in party-based rpgs is an almighty puppetmaster.

lossantos

Educated
Crpgs came from tabletop where you only played single character, so you should only be allowed to control your main character in rpgs. Party members should be controlled by ai and only influenced through dialog. As of now the only role you play in party-based rpgs is an almighty puppetmaster.
There shouldn't be any party members in any rpgs. There can be a character or two you go through some parts with, but there is nothing as lame as rpg with a party following you like a tail even to the fucking bed. I don't know anything else that fucks the "role-play" feeling this much.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
  • Pathfinder : Kingmaker = Good adaptation of a good ruleset
  • Pathfinder : WoTR = Good adaptation of a good ruleset
  • Solasta : Crown of the Magister = Good adaptation of a bad ruleset.
  • Baldur's Gate 3 = Bad adaptation of a bad ruleset.
  • Sword Coast Legends = Awful adaptation of a bad ruleset.

PCs should be able to order hirelings. Obviously they can refuse depending on PC's cha and other factors.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Pathfinder : Kingmaker = Good adaptation of a good ruleset
  • Pathfinder : WoTR = Good adaptation of a good ruleset
  • Solasta : Crown of the Magister = Good adaptation of a bad ruleset.
  • Baldur's Gate 3 = Bad adaptation of a bad ruleset.
  • Sword Coast Legends = Awful adaptation of a bad ruleset.

You know this is the trigger thread, right? What's supposed to bother anyone about this list?
ono, Victor called 5E a bad ruleset! :hahano:

Camel

Scholar
There shouldn't be any party members in any rpgs. There can be a character or two you go through some parts with, but there is nothing as lame as rpg with a party following you like a tail even to the fucking bed. I don't know anything else that fucks the "role-play" feeling this much.
Have you ever heard about The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring? Why would the fellowship follow Frodo like a tail even to the fucking bed!

Divine Blessing

Scholar
2020 i won 18 million € in lottery. although i was wealthy due to career and heritage before, now i grew too-big-to-fail - just copy Blackrocks index. i was in Milano just for a suit, and since it didnt meet my standards, i recurred to Savile Row as the grave, but yet elegant pinstripe charcoal fits the winter season.
and i didnt buy the Lambo, cuz i prefer being alive...

btw. friend won 42 million 2018 (and gifted all of us 50k).

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
right? What's supposed to bother anyone about this list?

Larian cultists obviously.

About what I said that Skyrim > DOS2. I will double down.
Skyrim has :
  • Satisfying marksmanship
  • Satisfying magical progression
  • Interesting magical enchantments(compared to d3 stat stickie itemization)
  • No cooldowns(except in shouts)
  • Better looking armor and weapons
  • Way more freedom
  • Better armor mechanic(I hate flat DR but DOS2 armor is the worst of the worst)
  • (...)
The unique thing which DOS2 wins over skyrim is reactivity.

To trigger more DOS2 cultists

phGWEts.png

yrJUiso.png

cMUorh8.png
wpUZNig.png

Cael

Arcane
right? What's supposed to bother anyone about this list?

Larian cultists obviously.

About what I said that Skyrim > DOS2. I will double down.
Skyrim has :
  • Satisfying marksmanship
  • Satisfying magical progression
  • Interesting magical enchantments(compared to d3 stat stickie itemization)
  • No cooldowns(except in shouts)
  • Better looking armor and weapons
  • Way more freedom
  • Better armor mechanic(I hate flat DR but DOS2 armor is the worst of the worst)
  • (...)
The unique thing which DOS2 wins over skyrim is reactivity.

To trigger more DOS2 cultists

phGWEts.png

yrJUiso.png

cMUorh8.png
wpUZNig.png
I fail to see how someone playing 932 hours on Wokefinder:Bugmaker would be triggering. It is far more likely to evoke feelings of pity than outrage.

jac8awol

Arbiter
In 2022, after ejecting 2 pretentious, yawn-inducing CYOAs (Eggs of Flatulence, Colon Shit) Ironed Trouser studios shuts its doors for good (for the good of mankind).

Codex Year of the Donut
I've argued this position more than a few times, and it's one of my main criteria for why I consider Fallout & Fallout 2 to be the best cRPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom