Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Humbaba

Arcane
Crpgs came from tabletop where you only played single character, so you should only be allowed to control your main character in rpgs. Party members should be controlled by ai and only influenced through dialog. As of now the only role you play in party-based rpgs is an almighty puppetmaster.
I've argued this position more than a few times, and it's one of my main criteria for why I consider Fallout & Fallout 2 to be the best cRPGs.

But the AI is retarded

Codex Year of the Donut
Crpgs came from tabletop where you only played single character, so you should only be allowed to control your main character in rpgs. Party members should be controlled by ai and only influenced through dialog. As of now the only role you play in party-based rpgs is an almighty puppetmaster.
I've argued this position more than a few times, and it's one of my main criteria for why I consider Fallout & Fallout 2 to be the best cRPGs.

But the AI is retarded
but you have no problem fighting against "retarded" AI?

Humbaba

Arcane

But the AI is retarded

That's completely different. I just never liked it when Marcus used to turn me into minced meat with his minigun.

Codex Year of the Donut

But the AI is retarded

That's completely different. I just never liked it when Marcus used to turn me into minced meat with his minigun.
Maybe he turns you into mincemeat because he doesn't care about you :M

Humbaba

Arcane

But the AI is retarded

Maybe he turns you into mincemeat because he doesn't care about you :M

No, you don't understand, he loves me, it was my fault ;__;

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
external-content-duckduckgo-com.jpg

Clearly this actress was chosen for her acting ability and makes a better Triss in the Netflix series. There's just no way they could have found and eastern europen actress that acts as well as this actress does.

And after all: what would be the point in choosing an actress that was pale-skinned, freckled, and a redhead? What really matters is the content of a person's character and acting ability in truly conveying the essence of Triss Merigold.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

Clearly this actress was chosen for her acting ability and makes a better Triss in the Netflix series. There's just no way they could have found and eastern europen actress that acts as well as this actress does.

And after all: what would be the point in choosing an actress that was pale-skinned, freckled, and a redhead? What really matters is the content of a person's character and acting ability in truly conveying the essence of Triss Merigold.

The only people who got mad about it were fat nerd incels who wanted fap material.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The only people who got mad about it were fat nerd incels who wanted fap material.

Yep. Only nerd incels wanna a game/book/series set in fantasy medieval Poland to have Polish looking people. /sarcasm BTW, there are a lot of "fap material" in the series already. And who cares about the sexual life of random people in the internet? If they wanna fap material is their problem. if they wanna pay a prostitute to cosplay as Triss Merigold, is their problem too. I don't get why leftists like to shame man for their sexual life at the same time that criticize "slut shamming".

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Yep. Only nerd incels wanna a game/book/series set in fantasy medieval Poland to have Polish looking people. /sarcasm BTW, there are a lot of "fap material" in the series already. And who cares about the sexual life of random people in the internet? If they wanna fap material is their problem. if they wanna pay a prostitute to cosplay as Triss Merigold, is their problem too. I don't get why leftists like to shame man for their sexual life at the same time that criticize "slut shamming".

So you got triggered i see

:martini:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Larian is the top CRPG developers in the world right now

It's all natural, nothing triggering about it.

When playing RPG was the hobby of a couple of prestigious individuals, prestigious firms like SSI, Sirtech and New World Computing were Dominating the market.

Later, when the consoletards gathered enough money and curiosity to buy a computer, Biowhore and the likes rised up.

And then, everyone had to get a computer and of course, the retard's champion has to be a half-wit.
In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Shani is the best anyway.

Tihskael

Learned
RPGs should not be more than 20 hours long. These long 100 hours plus RPGS usually have only a 10-20 hours of decent content in them. Rest of it is just old, recycled ideas and filler bullshit that I have seen in every single fucking RPG that has come out in last 25 years.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Skyrim has some great moments in terms of setting, music and overall atmoshpere. Like the Sovngarde section. It's a shame it just so short and bland in terms of gameplay.

84762A21C7C9C10F0458780CC4592B0EAC02E75C

octavius

Arcane
Patron
RPGs should not be more than 20 hours long. These long 100 hours plus RPGS usually have only a 10-20 hours of decent content in them. Rest of it is just old, recycled ideas and filler bullshit that I have seen in every single fucking RPG that has come out in last 25 years.

Somehow that fails to trigger me.

Zlaja

Arcane
2020 i won 18 million € in lottery

Only one way to find out whether you're telling the truth. Send me a 1000 euros, and if I receive the funds I will proclaim to the rest of the codex that you're telling the truth.

But the AI is retarded

Which us quite realistic, actually. Just like real life.

Clearly this actress was chosen for her acting ability and makes a better Triss in the Netflix series. There's just no way they could have found and eastern europen actress that acts as well as this actress does

The hell are you on about? I don't think anyone expected eastern european actresses to be chosen for any role in the Netflix series.

If you wanna sound triggering, then you need to make a lot LESS sense.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So you got triggered i see

Answering a retarded sentence = getting triggered.

I fail to see how someone playing 932 hours on Wokefinder:Bugmaker would be triggering. It is far more likely to evoke feelings of pity than outrage.

Is triggering to Larian cultists. And BTW, Pathfinder : Kingmaker is the best modern CRPG by far.

OwlCat critiques can't name a single modern RPG which implements a good ruleset in a CRPG and give dozens of classes and races to chose from, with a vast world to explore and a interesting campaign different than "go save the world".

Larian is the top CRPG developers in the world right now

Sadly is the most popular.

Larian was founded in 1996 and only got massive success after the genre declined so much that now we only have CRPG's from indies and smaller studios. And their success is cuz even game journos can play their games. I honestly rather play Fallout 76(which is IMO the worst bugthesda game) over DOS2. DOS2 remembers me a lot of wow and d3.

and bland in terms of gameplay.

Yep. Skyrim has his merits. For eg, graphics. I can boot up the 2011 original skyrim and be amazed with the graphics in some locations. That never happened when I first played morrowind in 2012. Quite the contrary. Took a long time to get used to the game, but after I got used, I loved it. The music? The music and soundtrack is amazing in all the elder scrolls games.

----------------------------

Another triggering(but truth) statement. We need more old school first person dungeon crawlers. IF is single char or party based I don't care.

Cael

Arcane
I fail to see how someone playing 932 hours on Wokefinder:Bugmaker would be triggering. It is far more likely to evoke feelings of pity than outrage.

Is triggering to Larian cultists. And BTW, Pathfinder : Kingmaker is the best modern CRPG by far.

OwlCat critiques can't name a single modern RPG which implements a good ruleset in a CRPG and give dozens of classes and races to chose from, with a vast world to explore and a interesting campaign different than "go save the world".
But isn't the whole idea of Bugmaker is to save the world by defeating the fairy king or some shit like that?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

But isn't the whole idea of Bugmaker is to save the world by defeating the fairy king or some shit like that?

No, is a specific region close to the feyworld and feyfolk toying with human civilizations, the Lantern King is a optional boss. If you get a game over, eventually the ancient curse will end and civilizations will flourish in that specific region again. Is a game about local mysteries, local curses and local problems. Not saving the world.

Cael

Arcane

No, is a specific region close to the feyworld and feyfolk toying with human civilizations, the Lantern King is a optional boss. If you get a game over, eventually the ancient curse will end and civilizations will flourish in that specific region again. Is a game about local mysteries, local curses and local problems. Not saving the world.
If that is your criteria, then BG and BG2 both qualify. You weren't saving the world. You were just trying to prevent someone from murdering you.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

If that is your criteria, then BG and BG2 both qualify. You weren't saving the world. You were just trying to prevent someone from murdering you.

And is one motive that makes both so great. But they arent modern games.

Pathfinder Kingmaker is just a baldurs gate clone with Vodka. And that is why it is so great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom