Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

HappyDaddyWow!

Educated
If Dark Souls is a good game, it is in spite of being a soulslike.
I would argue it isn't a "soulslike" to begin with

The typical rollslop gameplay that defines the subgenre wasn't really a thing until Bloodborne/Dark Souls 3 (and to a lesser extent Dark Souls 2).

My controversial opinion on this topic: Nioh is better than Dark Souls.

UndeadHalfOrc

Novice
wikis should NOT include fan-created addons/mods by default.

I'm looking at you, Heroes of Might & Magic 3 wiki.

Pillars of Eternity series > Baldur's Gate series.
For the purposes of this calculation are we considering the BG series to have 5 games (BG1,ToTSC,BG2,ToB,BG3), 4 games, or 3 games? Because the awfulness of ToB and BG3 drag down the score a different amount depending on how we do it.

Modron

Arcane
For the purposes of this calculation are we considering the BG series to have 5 games (BG1,ToTSC,BG2,ToB,BG3), 4 games, or 3 games? Because the awfulness of ToB and BG3 drag down the score a different amount depending on how we do it.
If you count BG3 as part of the series then you have to include Siege of Dragonspear as well.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
The only BG game worth playing is Baldur's Gate 1.
While PoE only got stronger and better with each new release.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The only BG game worth playing is Baldur's Gate 1.
While PoE only got stronger and better with each new release.
This is the way. Nothing triggers more than the truth.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Though we only had one PoE, the new one isn't even in early access yet.
I choose to believe he means Pillars of Eternity and "each new release" just referred to the sequel, the ability of Soyer to trigger the Codex is next to none

Kruyurk

Learned
Path of Eternity of the Damned, a perfect mix of real-time with popamole where everything is balanced around a giant clusterfuck of a skill tree by which your barbarian can hope to become so smart that he will be able to one-shot the hordes of enemies faster than they will one-shot him from off-screen, while all this bullshit will still give you no experience because fuck you.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Path of Eternity of the Damned, a perfect mix of real-time with popamole where everything is balanced around a giant clusterfuck of a skill tree by which your barbarian can hope to become so smart that he will be able to one-shot the hordes of enemies faster than they will one-shot him from off-screen, while all this bullshit will still give you no experience because fuck you.

git gud

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Why do I have to confirm my account here regularily when nobody cares whatever is posted or what nutcases are around?
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/public-service-announcement-2fa-now-mandatory-you-dont-need-a-phone-number-ffs.147303/

tl;dr abandoned accounts can be accessed by a malefactor finding the same username and matching password on lists from other sites that have been hacked; the malefactor then mass deletes Codex posts, which causes the forum software to have conniptions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom