Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Citizen

This game is putting based back into turn-based

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Oh, i remember him now. Villain with a sword?
09979b.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
OK, so it did eventually pick up. Put it up to hardest & near end of Ch2 it started to become more interesting, and level-wise also now able to get into crafting masteries and setting up the combos to actually customise your build a lot. Writing is whatever but combat is where it's at, anyway.

Just picked up the topless dude and I hear that really puts a kick up the party efficiency.

Zumbabul

Savant
Writing is whatever but combat is where it's at, anyway.

The story in this game is kind of an easter egg. You have no chance to understand it during the first run. The game presents events to you, but do not explain them. It's up to you to figure out the logic behind them. Only during the second run, you will have an opportunity to appreciate it. The game has a great story, but the majority of players will never get it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Didn't actually finished the story, because they keep adding stuff so i just stopped. Now i want to play from the beginning, because i don't remember how to fight properly.

Zumbabul

Savant
Didn't actually finished the story, because they keep adding stuff so i just stopped. Now i want to play from the beginning, because i don't remember how to fight properly.

If you really don't remember how to fight properly, it's ok just to start a second run. If you remember at least something, the game will be much easier. I needed to apply a bunch of home rules. If you need inspiration for your rules, here is mine:

1) cruel/challenge from the very start.
2) no police backup. It's ok to use the police if you rescue them. It's ok to use Isaac before you get Irene.
3) No buying equipment from the shops. It's ok to buy resources and consumables.
4) do not sell anything to the shops. Your only source of money is jurisdictions, thank you letters, and rewards for wanted men.
5) no 'second heart' mastery
6) no [one shot one kill + catharsis] or [one shot one kill + pyromaniac]. You can use these masteries separately, but not simultaneously.
7) no bonds. The bonding mechanic provides a lot of free overwatch shots.
8) you can change equipment only to purple or higher quality.
9) max party size is 6
10) choose exp company mastery (this is the most useless bonus)
11) don't farm ramjist plaza for 'catharsis' or 'iron wall'.

victory conditions:
1) finish each mission at least once
2) finish 'Giselle personal quest': kill skulls and capture all legendary beast
3) gather 200k to 'buy the bar from Don'

In my opinion, these rules happened to be good. They gave me an opportunity to play this game two more times with respectable and enjoyable difficulty (I'm in the middle of the third run). You may not need all of these rules, but you need to limit yourself. Otherwise, it will be just too easy.

Zumbabul

Savant
Otherwise, it will be just too easy.
I have no problem with game being easy on second and so on runs. Even enjoy it, because it's revenge ime.

Then I highly recommend you a second run. If you want to play it for the story, don't forget to click on every team member after every story mission. Thoughts bubbles may reveal something. Also, pay attention to the background of the pictures, sometimes there is something important.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Zumbabul

Bruh, I must disagree with you regarding the story.

The problems I want to pinpoint:
  • Too wordy, I mean really long dialogs and text descriptions, just too much text to describe simple things;
  • With that much text, the story is not comprehensive, you think it's about Albus, but in the end, it's about some bigshots plotting something big, and it's only revealed almost in the end;
  • Too much stuff thrown into the story (troubleshooters past and present, cops, gangs, cults, politics, experiments) which makes it very unfocused;
  • Too many characters which leads to them being shallow;
  • Some really childish stuff like Fortress of Suffering or whatever it was called;
  • The ending felt unrewarding and more like an ending to some long-ass prologue, which makes sense if we consider it's supposed to be Episode 1, but man, it could be something better for a 100-hour game.
I'd say from a narrative standpoint the only good thing is likable characters.

You know, I also love the game and wholeheartedly support the devs, but I don't want to go full fanboy and pretend the game is flawless.

Zumbabul

Savant
Zumbabul

Bruh, I must disagree with you regarding the story.

The problems I want to pinpoint:
  • Too wordy, I mean really long dialogs and text descriptions, just too much text to describe simple things;
  • With that much text, the story is not comprehensive, you think it's about Albus, but in the end, it's about some bigshots plotting something big, and it's only revealed almost in the end;
  • Too much stuff thrown into the story (troubleshooters past and present, cops, gangs, cults, politics, experiments) which makes it very unfocused;
  • Too many characters which leads to them being shallow;
  • Some really childish stuff like Fortress of Suffering or whatever it was called;
  • The ending felt unrewarding and more like an ending to some long-ass prologue, which makes sense if we consider it's supposed to be Episode 1, but man, it could be something better for a 100-hour game.
I'd say from a narrative standpoint the only good thing is likable characters.

You know, I also love the game and wholeheartedly support the devs, but I don't want to go full fanboy and pretend the game is flawless.

This was exactly my impression after the first run. I was presented with a lot of events, but you did not see any logic that connects them. Only during the second run, I started to connect the dots. As I said earlier

The game has a great story, but the majority of players will never get it.

On the first run, you have no chances to answer the following questions:

- How Albus managed to survive Kevin's smart ass plan?
- Why Foo hit Kevin with the bottle of wine?
- How is the Sharky No 2?
- What Carter is doing?
- Why Ryo is killing spoonists, and why Macro is not happy with it?
- Who and why was freezing the controllers in the mission where you rescue Kylie?
- Why Leton have joined your company?
- Why did Isaac left the police and joined black tigers?
- What was on the flash disk that Isaac gave to Albus?
- Why Don decided to sell a bar?

You can answer all these questions. The game definitely has flaws, but it's not the story.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
On the first run, you have no chances to answer the following questions:

- How Albus managed to survive Kevin's smart ass plan?
- Why Foo hit Kevin with the bottle of wine?
- How is the Sharky No 2?
- What Carter is doing?
- Why Ryo is killing spoonists, and why Macro is not happy with it?
- Who and why was freezing the controllers in the mission where you rescue Kylie?
- Why Leton have joined your company?
- Why did Isaac left the police and joined black tigers?
- What was on the flash disk that Isaac gave to Albus?
- Why Don decided to sell a bar?

You can answer all these questions. The game definitely has flaws, but it's not the story.
Man, I don't want answers to these questions. Those are details. I do not see a coherent and comprehensive story. I fail to understand what was the story about. Hiding small details is cool, but if you present the central plot in a clear way. If I have to spend 100 hours replaying to understand, well, that's not good storytelling.

Zumbabul

Savant
Man, I don't want answers to these questions. Those are details. I do not see a coherent and comprehensive story. I fail to understand what was the story about. Hiding small details is cool, but if you present the central plot in a clear way. If I have to spend 100 hours replaying to understand, well, that's not good storytelling.

Your spoon may be different from mine, but we share the same bowl.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom