Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw Irene looks like she's rolling dice on these screens. True rpg!

Rieser

Scholar
The presentation and narrative put me off (as is custom with JRPG's) but the gameplay is good. Probably one of the better games last year. Getting into it more and more. The main thing I've been missing is statistics on damage done etc - only to recently realize I'm blind and that there's a "show mission statistics" button right fucking there at the end of every mission. Nice.

Lhynn

Arcane
Oh, i remember him now. Villain with a sword?
09979b.jpg
Whats funny is that all of those options lead to different outcomes.
What? Really? What can change here?
Not sure if Irene joins you no matter what. But every other npc presenting similar options in that mission can send them away, make them fight you or recruit them into your team.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Not sure if Irene joins you no matter what. But every other npc presenting similar options in that mission can send them away, make them fight you or recruit them into your team.
As a true HERO Irene would never run away from a fight to save innocent civilians.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, I guess this mission was a success...

tg2yZDA.png

How the fuck are you supposed to deal with Final Resistance? Are stunning abilities and bleeding the only options?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Final Resistance only triggers when the target has less than 33% health left (IIRC), so try to remember which enemies have it and target them with attacks likely to kill in one hit.

Zumbabul

Savant
How the fuck are you supposed to deal with Final Resistance? Are stunning abilities and bleeding the only options?

I guess you met Darius and didn't like the experience? You have options:

-bleed;
-poison;
-suppress with heixing, grenadier ray, albus wind strike or any other ability that delays turns (final resistance doesn't matter if they will never take their turns);
-some characters can kill through final resistance: Sion, overcharged witch Anne, Giselle overcharged ability, overcharged lava dorori or lightning negoori, overcharged Kylie, overcharged heixing. I think Albus can do it if the bladestorm will proc on his ultimate (75% chance).
-If your Hero Irene has linkage, she will kill the target with her ultimate;
-you may send your martial artist Hero Irene with massiveness and all the retalation sets. Most likely, Hero Irene will kill the target with one counterattack. She is a hero after all;
-if your Hero Irene is battlemage, just rape the target in any pose you like;
-you can heal the target above 33% with ray's healing mist and then just kill it without final resistance;
-you can sacrifice anne to mind control the target, then heal it, then kill it. If your Anne has a second heart, she will be alive after sacrifice and immediately take her turn to heal the target. Later on, you will be able to craft death potions to die intentionally. Combining this with the second heart you can turn your Anne into a necromancer;
-hunter Giselle can freeze the target with double ice trap;
-you may confuse the target with Giselle traps, and let the target kill its allies, while you will kill the target;
-later your ice pets will be able to freeze targets;
-any form of control to buy you time: Anne roots; rock dorori roots; fear from lightning tima, kylies holograms;
-if you have a glacier tima with 'giant species' genetics it will agro the target. Since ice tima has 100% block, it will be fine, while your team will shoot down the target;
-your witch gives random buffs. If you are lucky someone can get 'Immortality', and the lucky one can tank the target;
-later on, you can drink the potion of immortality and kill the target 'one on one';
-if you are near 1 square chokepoint, in theory you can plug it with stealthed explorer dorori. If it speced in stealth, the target should not detect dorori and will just stand in front of the invisible wall. Never tried it, but in theory, it should work;
-if you are near some elevated position that is not accessible from the ground, you can jump there with heixing, albus or kylie. Then shoot the target from safety;
-I think you can turn some targets into a cocoon with your spider pets, and then rape it any pose you like.

I'm sure that I didn't list all the options. You are limited only by your imagination.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Why is this game trying to make me care about the adventures of a group of giant frogs?
As Troubleshooter proceeds into its later stages, there is an increasing proportion of crypto-fantasy material, starting with the giant frogs and then continuing with the dragon-substitutes. Perhaps if DandyLion ever tires of their quasi-superhero setting, they can create a tactics game inspired by classic fantasy RPG modules.

17046.jpg
17128.jpg

panda

Savant
Speaking about Final Resistance...
I'm replaying the game with DLC now and damn FR barbarian Alisa is busted beyond belief. I greatly improved my mastery-fu and was really satisfied with characters strength progress since the first time i played. Like Irene oneshoting Bircons/Dariuses and almost soloing even hardest missions(compared to fall off mid-game before), Albus wrecking faces, being a real melee threat instead of popamole wind bullet bot, e.t.c... Felt really good.

But then DLC brought HER.
And now i feel like my awesome troubleshooters team is actually a bunch of sad losers.

E.g. just had Magenta violent case run where i sent her in opposite direction to rest of company... and she finished all White Tigers and half of the Skulls before other characters could breakthrough from another side.

mzAOmGc.png

Battle ended within 7 standart turns, while literally facetanking half of the map she alone dealt as much damage as all the rest in entire whole team together
ffs

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
panda don't be a tease, share your builds. I'm fairly satisfied with what I've done with almost every character (except for Giselle, whom I still don't understand), but I'm surely not one-shotting bicrons with Irene...

Zumbabul

Savant
panda don't be a tease, share your builds. I'm fairly satisfied with what I've done with almost every character (except for Giselle, whom I still don't understand), but I'm surely not one-shotting bicrons with Irene...

just put all battlemage masteries and complete the majority of the battlemage sets.

panda

Savant

just put all battlemage masteries and complete the majority of the battlemage sets.
Pretty much. But you'll also need gear with really high +crit chance though.

Here is basic build:
5PiSRsI.png
Slap Veteran if you don't have stun immunity items, and that's it.

Zumbabul

Savant

Since Irene is melee, she only needs 50% crit. You can craft lvl 20 purple sneakers and get up to 30% crit. It is usually easy to get 20% crit from a weapon. She also has little innate crit rate. So, a weapon and lvl 20 craft sneakers should be enough. If you meet enemies with high block, use 'frontal breakthrough'. It ignores block.

In your build, you can substitute 'politely decline' with 'lottery'. It will open up 1 defense slot, which you can fill with 'Enough rest'. In this case, your OP Hero Irene will be a little more OP. If you want, you may add 'one shot one kill'.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Here is basic build:
5PiSRsI.png
Slap Veteran if you don't have stun immunity items, and that's it.
Holy fuck, that has literally nothing to do with what I'm doing with her right now:

ir.png
As of now, I really can't see her without Solitary Fighter, Undefeated, and With Full Heart and Full Strength, but maybe that's because I'm a giant noob. Which abilities do you use with that build? I have never even thought of building her on ESP instead of raw attack power, so it's all alien to me.

panda

Savant

Since Irene is melee, she only needs 50% crit. You can craft lvl 20 purple sneakers and get up to 30% crit. It is usually easy to get 20% crit from a weapon. She also has little innate crit rate. So, a weapon and lvl 20 craft sneakers should be enough. If you meet enemies with high block, use 'frontal breakthrough'. It ignores block.
Exactly, 55 and more i'd say.

In your build, you can substitute 'politely decline' with 'lottery'
Nah, unfortunately you can't. But that is basic example, that's why i left some slots open. Ofc at lvl 52 i'm using OP human +slot masterie/set there, i just removed it because obviously NJClaw doesn't have those.

Holy fuck, that has literally nothing to do with what I'm doing with her right now:
Which abilities do you use with that build? I have never even thought of building her on ESP instead of raw attack power, so it's all alien to me.
I'm using snatch for teleport attack, and flame explosion for AOE. Front breakthrough is good, but sort of overkill, so i left fire missile.

The general idea of full battle mage like this is:
Magic Armor (100% block + cover for teammates) + Iron Heart(damage is usually cut to 33%) + auto heal to full hp after crit attack + free 500 ESP and 50% ability boost damage + double damage on top of that. And maybe something else i forgot.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I'm trying the Hunter class for the first time, and I'm getting more and more confused every minute I try to figure out what to do with it. Maybe someone here can help me:

(1) what does the Beast Friend mastery do? This is its text:

ZXB4O4Q.png

What are they trying to tell me? What does "recover HP by your mastery" mean?

(2) how are you supposed to activate Chain Tactics?

lHxJ2rl.png

I guess traps have something to do with it, but I can't figure out what.

Zumbabul

Savant
I'm trying the Hunter class for the first time, and I'm getting more and more confused every minute I try to figure out what to do with it. Maybe someone here can help me:

(1) what does the Beast Friend mastery do? This is its text:

ZXB4O4Q.png

What are they trying to tell me? What does "recover HP by your mastery" mean?

(2) how are you supposed to activate Chain Tactics?

lHxJ2rl.png

I guess traps have something to do with it, but I can't figure out what.

1) I have absolutely no idea.

2) chain effect is when one action under some condition can create something extra. For example, if you push somebody to the wall, the target will get stun. This is a chain effect. You can look in the game 'help' section for more details.

Efe

Erudite
wording is like when character heals summoned beasts, they also heal themselves.
not sure what would work though

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom