Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Two Point Hospital - Theme Hospital spiritual successor

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by LESS T_T, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

https://www.pcgamer.com/two-point-hospital-is-hilarious-until-the-corpses-start-piling-up/

https://www.pcgamesn.com/two-point-hospital/two-point-hospital-post-release-content

^ Top  
  2. trais Arcane Patron

trais
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    This game is like the first one in ages I'm genuinely looking forward to play.

Since it's basically a Theme Hospital remake, and TH isn't really a complex game to begin with, they can't really fuck it up too badly, can they?

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Arctrax Novice

Arctrax
    Didnt expect this one so soon.... i think ill wait for the first user reviews, i dont trust the nostalgia effect... :C

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah, too many disappointments in that direction.
    I'm looking at you, most recent Pizza Connection...

However, at least from the footage so far and the fact that it won't force me to use Windows, this one gets some cautious optimism.

^ Top  
  5. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    The graphics looks worse than original cartoony style, lets hope the mechanics are ok

^ Top  
  6. Arctrax Novice

Arctrax
    Looks like a Wallace and Gromit hospital sim.

I also prefered the classic 2D look, but if the gameplay is good, it may fit...

^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. azimuth Educated

azimuth
    Saw this one on a stream and was happy to see a few Mucky Foot references tucked away as well. These guys have the pedigree for sure, and the diseases look appropriately hilarious.

Speaking of Bullfrog, did you guys know Demis Hassabis (boy genius behind Theme Park and later Evil Genius) made Google's DeepMind AI? Meanwhile, Molyneux continues down the huckster rabbit hole...

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Space Satan Arcane

Space Satan
    I guess I'll preorder it. My greatest concern is financial aspect, that getting money will be extremely trivial, or fate of planet coaster, but I suppose it will make a nice compensation for all Bullfrog games I pirated in my childhood

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :deathclaw:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Mazisky Magister

Mazisky
    I will buy this game because they said they wanna expand their universe with more sims, so i want to support that.

^ Top  
  12. mwnn85 Learned

mwnn85
    Noticed this one as well so hoping it doesn't disappoint. (CorsixTH still has some way to go)
    They're targeting all the major platforms so kudos for that.
    ^^ Freddie Mercury syndrome is obviously a reference to King Complex; likewise for the other conditions that we'll see.
    Played Theme Park back on the Amiga 500+ but Theme Hospital was always my favorite.

I suppose it remains to be seen whether the game is as witty as the original bullfrog game.
    There were lots of subtle social references (like the banker with cash stuffed everywhere) amongst the zaniness that made the game so memorable.
    The music and videos were top notch as well.
    The whole game was a wonderful satire of non-free health care.

Looks like they've kept the staff personality descriptions and added some special skills (like ghostcatcher for handymen)
    Receptionists don't appear to keep working indefinitely like in the original :(
    The inclusion of the rat shooting bonus levels are a must!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    ^ Top  
  13. Mazisky Magister

Mazisky
    Jesus the Theme Hospital music was so chilling! In fact i think many tycoon games have nice relaxing music

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. CyberWhale Arcane

CyberWhale
    What I like: they've stayed true to the original when it comes to the cartoony style. It has much more soul than the modern generic styles games like this usually employ.
    What I DON'T like: the game seems TOO FUCKING CLEAN. Theme hospital that I remember had dirty hallways, rats roaming around and people puking all over the floor.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Two point Keeper ?

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Space Satan Arcane

Space Satan
    They've confirmed a monobow beasts in place of rats and yes you can shoot them.

^ Top  
  17. Mazisky Magister

Mazisky
    There are many videos who shows dirty hallways and lot of garbage on the floor.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Orobis Arcane Sychophantic Noob

Orobis
    I remember paying more to janitors than doctors in every single level of this game and the hallways were still half-covered in puke and litter.

Skilled doctor asking for a raise = shit canned.

Super fast moving janitor asking for a raise = shutup and take my money.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Any brave soul D1P'ing this? I too have uberfond memories of Theme Hospital, but I've always been a shitty and occasional sim player. Just hoping that they get the core gameplay loop right, and haven't learned too much from browser games.

^ Top  
  23. The Glitterdust Golem Prophet Patron

The Glitterdust Golem
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    If nothing else, it's got a great soundtrack. Has that Sim City relaxing vibe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Luka-boy Arcane

Luka-boy
    The game's Steam forum is a massive dramafest right now because the devs added the Denuvo implementation sign to the game's Steam store page only today. Some people not even noticing the obvious trolls fanning the flames are the cherry on top :lol:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Space Satan Arcane

Space Satan
    Wow, 75% of all staff are niggers it seems
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 3
    • decline x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Racist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.