Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, I really wish the solo route was more fleshed out, you just kill everyone and there is no alternatives iirc at all.

I think the only character I liked was Tunon. Magic is amazing with how customizable it is. Fights similar to PoE which had a lot of trash combat or something. Liked the story a lot more than PoE, it had some C&C which was cool. overall a lot more enjoyable than PoE1 which I dropped and didn't finish and probably 2 as well.

Fights in PoE gives no experience and lasts forever. Especially in the endless dungeons of od boredom.

In Tranny you sometimes level twice in a single encounter. How is that the same? Having fights mean nothing compared to levelling you up massively makes a huge difference to how boring or enjoyable it is.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why isn't it? The only difference is that at one point, the xp for a certain mob stops. Bosses who aren't humanoids always give xp because they are counted as different species. Concelhault is counted as lich for example, and he gives xp when you defeat him. PoE has enough mob types that you don't really stop gaining xp for combat until hitting cap. Maybe shadows are the only mobs which very quickly stop giving xp because they are numerous in the beginning if you do the Eothas temple.

2house2fly

Magister
I waited until the DLC came out to play Tyranny, it seems like it definitely improves the third act by giving you a little more to do. Just based on what I've seen people say about it who played base game only. One fatal flaw with the combat, iirc, was that combos weren't paced well to be able to use them with other abilities- I get more abilities than all my party members, so they run out of abilities and their only options are to do a combo or autoattack, but almost all the combos are party member+PC, so I have abilities I can use but I'm having to use a combo just so my party member is doing something. I'd have liked more party member+other party member combo attacks

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Your mage characters should never be running out of things to do. You build for max spell slots and 19 Quickness, and the result is that once you've blown through your last spell, the first should be coming off cooldown.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Your mage characters should never be running out of things to do. You build for max spell slots and 19 Quickness, and the result is that once you've blown through your last spell, the first should be coming off cooldown.

Which makes the combo moves AND all these cool artifacts you've gathered and empowered even more useless....

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Which makes the combo moves AND all these cool artifacts you've gathered and empowered even more useless....
It's true. By the end of the game, you generally have twice as many actives as you can ever hope to use.

Tigranes

Arcane
Combat is mostly a dumbed down & supereasy version of Pillars, so just go with whatever you think is most entertaining. If you're playing this, then you're playing for its laudable effort at a unique story/setting, at least in the first half.

Efe

Erudite
bump lore cos it enables more sigils = better spells and also used in conversation/quest. improve magic by using relevant magic staff and casting relevant spells

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
never before skills with cooldowns were annoying me. It was ok in action games, didnt bother me in party based tb... but 4 party members in rtwp is getting on my nerves.
Amount of trash combat doesnt help it, Between 1/2 and 2/3 of encounters are against 2-3 dudes and should be just removed

Highly recommend setting up the AI of your party members to what suits your playstyle best so you don't have to fiddle with them too much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom