Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

u r dum

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Volourn should also get a "Bioware Bot" tag or something. It's just incredible that he can only talk about bioware. I'm not sure he is human.

jaylittle

Scholar
Dark Matter said:
More mindless BIO bashing, it seems.
I've noticed that there is a lot of that around here. Well I'll probably be crucified for it, but I like Bio games generally. In fact NWN and NWN2 are the ones I like the least. I found JE and ME to be entertaining. I'm also looking forward to seeing how DA measures up.

Oh and since I'm pissing people off already.... Arcanum is terribly overrated. Oblivion is okay. Morrowind is a great game. The Fallout games pretty much beat all. Gold Box games have some of the best tactical combat in RPGs ever. BG2 was great but the addon sucked donkey balls. BG1 was great as well.

/me ducks and covers

aries202

Erudite
I didn't want to to write this on the Bioware website, but I think someone better that David Gaider that EA's boss (and tthus the boss of Bioware) apparently think the game is about dragons. I seem to distinctly remember that David Gaider worthe that 'this game is not about dragons' on the DA forums on the Bioware boards.

I wonder what happens when the game comes out in early 2009 and everyone just moans 'but it is not about dragons, the EA boss has mislead us'. And by everyone, I, of course, am referring to the EA investors....

Or maybe the prolonged DA development cycle has been about making the game about dragons :shock: :?:

edit:

I like Bioware games, too. Unlike most other sites on the internet, if you present a clear, coherent, logical and reasonable explanation for liking a game, be it Baldur's Gate, Oblivion, or Fallout, then the Codexers will respect you. If you just want to chime in with the crows and say 'I hates Oblivionz, too' - stay away. You need to list your reasons for doing so. I happen to like Oblivion, too, although I'm not blind to both Baldur's Gate's and well as Oblivion's faults.

Armacalypse

Scholar
aries202 said:
if you present a clear, coherent, logical and reasonable explanation for liking a game, be it Baldur's Gate, Oblivion, or Fallout, then the Codexers will respect you.
I have seen very little logic and reason on this forum. Or maybe it's just hard to see because it's drowned out by the putrid excrement of nerd hate, and Volourn.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yes, there are indeed dragons.

It is an Age in which dragons exist. Hence the name. It's meant to invoke an image of a fantasy world.

The game is not, however, about dragons. It's about the Age. Expecting to see a dragon somewhere, however, is a good bet-- about as good as seeing a dragon or a dungeon in "Dungeons & Dragons", a title which serves the same sort of function for that game.

-Pavlos-

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
*sigh* Come on, skyway, think. Focus and think. You are making shit up to support your childish views and it shows. It's common knowledge that KOTOR 2 was in development for thirteen months.
Clicky. Not that the absurd schedule excuses the distinct lack of polish which pervades the entire game, mind.

I enjoy BioWare games. That doesn't mean that I think they're the best thing since Sliced Bread Simulator 2000, though. Sure, they have a lot of story elements in common but if I wasn't trying to save the universe in a BioWare game then I'd probably be sorely disappointed. Yes, they can and do make cheese sometimes but it's good cheese and it doesn't smell too bad at all.

Edit: Except for the weird sex scene in Mass Effect where Liara still refers to you as 'Shepard' straight afterwards. That was just odd...

What was it again? "That was incredible, Shepard!"

*shudders*

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"then the Codexers will respect you."

L0LZ... but, no. Codex respects nobody unless they are in 100% agreement with that particular topic.

Skyway: Everybody knows your full of shit, anyways. Nuttin' new there.

"It's just incredible that he can only talk about bioware."

Hilarious! I cna talk about lots of things; not just BIO. Sadly, BIO is one of the Codex's favorite subjects. I doubt the Codex would like discussing NHL 08, sports in general, or other stuff.

R00fles!

spacemoose

Erudite
Volourn said:
"
L0LZ... but, no. Codex respects nobody unless they are in 100% agreement with that particular topic.
are you sure you're not confusing the codex... with yourself?

Hilarious! I cna talk about lots of things; not just BIO. Sadly, BIO is one of the Codex's favorite subjects. I doubt the Codex would like discussing NHL 08, sports in general, or other stuff.
nonsense - there's a huge thread on the euro football tournament at the top of gd, and we have ufc/mma threads then and again. you should drop in to gd more often.

bio is your favorite subject by far, you sad little assburger

h0ney NUT ch33ri0s!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"are you sure you're not confusing the codex... with yourself?"

Nay. I included myself with codex. Jerkface.

"nonsense - there's a huge thread on the euro football tournament at the top of gd, and we have ufc/mma threads then and again"

I was tlaking about real sports. LMAO

"bio is the only thing you seem to talk about really"

I discuss BIO as much as the Codex does. Give me an interetsing non BIO topic to discuss, and I'm there.

spacemoose

Erudite
Volourn said:
I was tlaking about real sports. LMAO
you were talking about bioware LAFFO

bio topics are a fraction of the threads here, if nothing else besides the bio threads interests you, then yes you have an unhealthy obsession with bio, in other words you're as fanboi as they come. if bio had a color scheme, you'd probably paint yourself in it

Volourn

Pretty Princess
KOTOR is overrated.

NWN OC is 75%.

SOU is okayish at best.

Haven't played two of their games.

I've pissed them off so much they hate me.

R00fles!

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm a SW fan, and <b>I</b> think KotOR is meh.

Sure the allusions in the diaolge are nice, as are Jolee and HK-47, but other then that.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Volourn said:
KOTOR is overrated.

NWN OC is 75%.

SOU is okayish at best.

Haven't played two of their games.

I've pissed them off so much they hate me.

R00fles!

I could spend 10 minutes going through your post history, and I bet 90% of the posts would be defending one Bioware game or another.

On a related note: the Baldur's Gate series sucks.

Joe Krow

Erudite
NWN 2 carries the torch. Clearly.

Who else would you give it to these days? Gothic 3? The Witcher?

Throw in an explorable world maps (as they seem about to) and you have the closest thing to old school I've seen in some time.

What's better in the last few years?

Texas Red

Whiner
NWN 75, seriously? Why not 74 or 76? I wouldn't give this pretty high score to even well respected RPGs, such as Baldur's Gate 2 or Arcanum(even though I love both of them). That there are henchmen, shit grafix, shit, easy combat, shitty cliche ancient evil rising story, boring kill this quests, chest bashing minigame, D&Diabloing etc. make it a one horrible experience.

elander_

Arbiter
Xor said:
I could spend 10 minutes going through your post history, and I bet 90% of the posts would be defending one Bioware game or another.

More precisely 9900 posts.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I could spend 10 minutes going through your post history, and I bet 90% of the posts would be defending one Bioware game or another."

1. Prove it, motherfucker.

2. I only defend BIo games so much because of the bullshit lies people pew. When people sayt dumb stuff like 'BG2 has no role-playing whatsoever' or 'NWN is the worst game ever'; you are damn right I'm going to mock them for their stupidity.

Dumbass.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Well since we're all just posting away about Bio games and game series started by Bioware...

NWN and NWN2 are bland and extremely generic boring kill fests. Whoever said Diablo DND summed it up pretty well I think.

NWN2 MotB was good, I liked the story and the role playing experience it offered. Too bad it had the same meh combat the first two did.

Loved KOTOR1 &2, I'm a big Star Wars guy though so...

Liked BG1 and 2, I thought the combat was fun. Didn't like TOB too much though.

Haven't played Jade Empire. Is it worth it?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
According to Codexers, no.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom