Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

u r dum

DiverNB

Liturgist
Volourn said:
According to Codexers, no.

Well you're our official BioBoi Volourn, what did you like about it?

And I forgot ME. Good game, but it hurts playing through the sidequests. They could have done so much more with them. Also, hopefully the sequels will have consequences for your actions in #1

Lesifoere

Liturgist
DiverNB said:
Haven't played Jade Empire. Is it worth it?

Nope, it's pretty mediocre. Entertaining for one play-through but that's about it; even by Bioware's low standards, the characters are paper-thin, the plot is formulaic (and it's all pretty much KotOR set in Disneyfied China), and the combat's not particularly amazing.

I actually have pretty high tolerance for Bioware's games and have, I think, played KotOR twice. But JE I can never bring myself to touch a second time.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Volourn said:
"I could spend 10 minutes going through your post history, and I bet 90% of the posts would be defending one Bioware game or another."

1. Prove it, motherfucker.

2. I only defend BIo games so much because of the bullshit lies people pew. When people sayt dumb stuff like 'BG2 has no role-playing whatsoever' or 'NWN is the worst game ever'; you are damn right I'm going to mock them for their stupidity.

Dumbass.

I would, but I'm too busy playing KOTOR 2 right now.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Dark Individual said:
Jasede said:
I hate WoW's style but you'd have to be retarded to say its art design is-

Oh.

Ya, those huge arms and swords couldn't be because of engine limitations. And you definitely have to be a Michelangelo to pull *that* piece of artistry off :roll:. That picture is ugly and gives major vibes of childishness. If you like immature art limited by technology, it's your problem I guess.

There's nothing there in that screen which suggests "engine limitations" if anything that's just carefull poly usage.

northrendicegiantfz6.png

northrendgiantel4.png

ssGameplay2.jpg

ssGameplay4.jpg

The fact the game looks as good as it does on such ancient technology is proof enough that blizzard have some excellent artist wizardry going on.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Game looks purty and colorful, like WoW. Looks like they also have a weeaboo furry like Samwise running their art department. Nature is all rosy and glowy! It's not filled with malaria, honest

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I really don't get the bitching over WoW art design. Yeah, some of it looks like power ranger props, but you don't have to dress like that. Most of their player base just likes glowy shit and dying things blue and purple. I also fail to see how bright green and orange robes and tunics are superior awesome styles of clothing. Who the fuck dressed these clowns? http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/images ... /bg_13.jpg

ushdugery

Scholar
Volourn said:
"nonsense - there's a huge thread on the euro football tournament at the top of gd, and we have ufc/mma threads then and again"

I was tlaking about real sports. LMAO

What is this ridiculous perception of amercans that the only "real" sports are the ones that only they play because the rest of the world finds them slow and boring. (probably because they are) It's almost as bad as their butchering of language and then enforcing it on everyone else via spellcheck. You are granted -5 on the in touch with reality scale bringing you down to -50 (gnome who lives in his mothers basement.)

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
ushdugery said:
Volourn said:
"nonsense - there's a huge thread on the euro football tournament at the top of gd, and we have ufc/mma threads then and again"

I was tlaking about real sports. LMAO

What is this ridiculous perception of amercans that the only "real" sports are the ones that only they play because the rest of the world finds them slow and boring. (probably because they are) It's almost as bad as their butchering of language and then enforcing it on everyone else via spellcheck. You are granted -5 on the in touch with reality scale bringing you down to -50 (gnome who lives in his mothers basement.)
AngryMarineStopPosting.jpg

LRP

Novice
Seems to me the more complex games have gotten graphically the more sparse story lines have become. The two best recent games for me have been MotB, an xpac, and The Witcher. I truly think it's an awfully bad trade off myself. Below is a link to an article I thought made some good points. I keep a close eye on the Indie movement as I really do think, it's the only hope of getting decent, play and story line. Perhaps DA will turn out to be a good game, but I don't have a lot of hope, and it's just too early to even figure out the direction it's headed and what depth if any it has, IMHO.

http://blog.pjsattic.com/corvus/2008/06 ... of-voodoo/

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"What is this ridiculous perception of amercans"

I'm not fuckin' Amerikan , fuckin' dumbass! That's the 3rd worst insult insult ever - behind becing called Euopean or Middle Eastern!
Fuckface.

"are the ones that only they play because the rest of the world finds them slow and boring. (probably because they are)"

L0L you just described soccer. HAHAHA!

Volourn said:
"What is this ridiculous perception of amercans"

I'm not fuckin' Amerikan , fuckin' dumbass! That's the 3rd worst insult insult ever - behind becing called Euopean or Middle Eastern!
Fuckface.

"are the ones that only they play because the rest of the world finds them slow and boring. (probably because they are)"

L0L you just described soccer. HAHAHA!

Don't worry Volly, you guys will eventually develop the patience to understand the great game, about the time when you no longer need to have special 'simplified-for-illiterate-US-kids' versions of fricken children's harry potter books developed...

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Azrael the cat said:
Don't worry Volly, you guys will eventually develop the patience to understand the great game, about the time when you no longer need to have special 'simplified-for-illiterate-US-kids' versions of fricken children's harry potter books developed...

I read the whole series and happened to buy the first book in New Zealand. Apart from Americanized spellings, there were no differences and you are a flat-out liar.

Mareus

Magister
Dgaider said:
Because as popular as BG2 might still be (and I agree it is, there is a great deal of nostalgia still associated with it, especially amongst the hardcore audience-- Volourn is right that NWN has a similarly fanatic group of followers, but they're not quite the same people and consist far more of modders and multiplayer enthusiasts) I think it is questionable to assume that this would translate into sales today. Say what you like, expectations amognst the public change-- and rapidly-- and the idea that those people who bought and enjoyed BG2 would run out and purchase a game done in exactly the same manner today is hardly a given. I'd like to see it tested, mind you, but if the people that "don't care about graphics" were able to drive the industry we would already see a more robust independent game industry -- and that's a fact.

Good point here, but the don't forget most indie titles are still of very poor quality and they are also very buggy, while that is not the case with old AAA titles, atleast not to that degree. Also don't forget a lot of people don't even know about indies, so it's really no surprise they don't sell too well. I played games since ZX spectrum era, but I never heard about indies until I got to the codex.

Oh and I just played through ME. NWN1 was better I am sorry to say. Kotor was also better, and BG was 100 times better. All in all it was a decent game with a lot of potential, but what screwed it was boring subquests that varied from: "find 20 keepers" to: "go and shoot the bad guy on that planet". Dialogs were ok from cinematic point of view, but the dialog options were weird to put it gently. Battles varied from good to awful, because enemies very often just charged at you hoping you will be overwhelmed, while completely neglecting their own safety, thus making your strategy -> shoot as long as you can -> withdraw -> shoot as long as you can-> victory. Far from the greatness of BG. If that is how you intend to do Dragon Age I must ask you to reconsider, because if you screw up Dragon age with this averegeness it will mean gaming industry has become a den where morons and retards can have fun. Certainly no place where I wanna be.

Castanova

Prophet
Azrael the cat said:

Any game that revolves around pretending to get injured in order to draw penalty kicks is stupid. Did you watch the World Cup? Like 50% of the matches were determined by a penalty kick or a shootout. Why not just flip a fuckin' coin before the match starts? It's like basketball except the penalty kick actually wins the game for you as opposed to contributing 2% to your overall score. And I swear, it's like soccer players never mature past the age of 5, the amount of whining and crying that goes on on that field.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hilarious! I cna talk about lots of things; not just BIO.

Scary!

However, you NOT able to discuss. You are able to only post stupid and irrelevant opinions like "BIOWARE RULEZ!" or "NWN OC is 75%" which only show how bad your taste in games is; these don't make a discussion.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
The conversation about development costs reminds me of the 2D vs 3D debates that people had about 6-7 years ago. The 3D-ers argued that 3D would be great because it would drastically cut development costs and reduce the amount of hard drive space that a game would take up.

Seems pretty hilarious in retrospect. :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Don't worry Volly, you guys will eventually develop the patience to understand the great game, about the time when you no longer need to have special 'simplified-for-illiterate-US-kids' versions of fricken children's harry potter books developed..."

You are stupid. Again, I'm not fuckin' Amerikan. Nor do I care for Harry Potter.

"Why do people discuss with bots like Volourn?"

Look in the mirror.

"However, you NOT able to discuss"

I disucss when someone posts something worthwhile. But, when people post 'BIo sucks' or 'NWN is worst game evar'; they only deserve fingers pointing at them, and diabloical laughter at their stupidity.

elander_

Arbiter
Despite what people say about NWN including myself i would rather play this game than the new next gen crap that Oblivion represents. I can stand heavy combat crpgs with stylistic choices and consequences but role-playing with your imagination and larping is the retarded heritage of Bethesda. Neverwinter Nights could become a very good game for what it was trying to achieve with just a few changes. Make combat more like ToEE and Icewindale or a mix of these and improve npc reactions and quest choices to become much more than the usual ask for the money reward and you are evil or refuse it and you are good. If this is what DGaider is trying to do with Dragon Age then i don't mind a combat heavy game with a great combat system and stylistic choices with imaginative dialogs.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Volourn said:
I disucss when someone posts something worthwhile. But, when people post 'BIo sucks' or 'NWN is worst game evar'; they only deserve fingers pointing at them, and diabloical laughter at their stupidity.

Replying with "NWN doesn't suck lol I would give it 70% and I like it and you should shut up because you're wrong and I'm right LOLLERSKATES R00FLES LOL I WIN YOU LOSE LOLSTIKA R00FLES LOL" isn't very intelligent, either.

Raapys

Arcane
The best thing about NWN is really the not-dumbed-down character creation/development system. That might change with D&D4 though?

DiverNB

Liturgist
Raapys said:
The best thing about NWN is really the not-dumbed-down character creation/development system. That might change with D&D4 though?

Actually the best thing was the uninstall button.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Replying with "NWN doesn't suck lol I would give it 70% and I like it and you should shut up because you're wrong and I'm right LOLLERSKATES R00FLES LOL I WIN YOU LOSE LOLSTIKA R00FLES LOL" isn't very intelligent, either."

Who is claiming it is? I'm surely not.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Volourn said:
And here I thought you lived in Canada. I must have been wrong. So are you Asian, Australian, Antarctican? I'm genuinely interested.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Shannow said:
Volourn said:
And here I thought you lived in Canada. I must have been wrong. So are you Asian, Australian, Antarctican? I'm genuinely interested.
Kill yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom