Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Nines

Learned
Speaking of, if I uninstall how can I ensure my saves aren't wiped?
My Documents\My Games\Underrail

So I've realized that I have up murdered everything I've come across in the game up until rail crossing and I have hit 11 through oddity experience. Would I have been at a higher level right now if I was using the classic experience system or is it about equal?
I'm going to Rail City as level 12 in oddity - but I rummaged around Core City a bit (the city itself has a lot of oddities laying around in barrels and whatnot).

BTW - combo feat is overpowered and awesome and overpowered.

Why.jpeg

Learned
So I've heard the end game is an overly difficult, crazy bullshit experience. I don't want specific spoilers but is that true?

mixer

Learned
It's not that difficult but it can be tedious, i feel it's mostly due to lack of polish. Spawn rate was already nerfed, Mutagen puzzle will be fixed soon, i expect some other enemies will be tweaked a bit too. Backtracking and overall change in tone will stay since developer intended it to be that way, for better or worse. You go from unstoppable killing machine back to feeling powerless like you did on lower levels, many people don't really enjoy that.

Lhynn

Arcane
Do quests for scrappers and black heels, do lucky knife quest, and im guessing youve done all extra objectives from quests that came before. you can find 1 x2 oddity killing a couple hoppers.

Didn't find the Hopper Oddity yet, I gave up on them after hunting for hopper leather without success for ten minutes or so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there don't seem to be that many side quests in the early parts of Underrail? I found a couple, but you don't exactly get showered with 'em.
Hm, last times i tried it took me like 2 minutes, came on the first, third and fourth hoppers i killed respectively.

You can do sidequests for both scrappers and eels until they send you to look for blaine, you can do the side quest of getting documents to the embassy, you can do 3 sidequests for abraham, at least 1 if you have decent memory, the other 2 if you have decent stealth. you can do a quest for an old man by the lake outside the embassy, where he sends you to his house.

Why.jpeg

Learned
It's not that difficult but it can be tedious, i feel it's mostly due to lack of polish. Spawn rate was already nerfed, Mutagen puzzle will be fixed soon, i expect some other enemies will be tweaked a bit too. Backtracking and overall change in tone will stay since developer intended it to be that way, for better or worse. You go from unstoppable killing machine back to feeling powerless like you did on lower levels, many people don't really enjoy that.
Eh OK. If it gets too bad I'll just pull up a guide to get it over with.

mixer

Learned
Eh OK. If it gets too bad I'll just pull up a guide to get it over with.
There is also a general lack of directions esp. if you made some choices earlier in the game. When wiki gets updated i suppose most people will just use a checklist that makes whole experience a bit less trial and error.

Zetor

Arcane
Hm, thinking about trying something different for my next playthrough. Anyone play a character without hacking/lockpicking/traps or any crafting skills? Could be interesting, but also frustrating as hell with a heavy dependence on merchants and whatnot. A tri-spec psion or a guns/throwing guy with pickpocket (ha) could work... maybe... possibly.

Last edited:

bati

Scholar
Maybe give Pope Amole's ninja build a try? I plan to do that at some point for sure. Maybe I'll skip traps though since I used them on crossbow build already. Social skills as secondary focus so I can see as much of the game as possible.

Gord

Arcane
They're way easier to detect than disarm. With about 15 points in traps you should have no problem in Depot A.

Guess I'll put some more points into it then, although I should already be at ~20 including the bonuses from synergies.
Edit: with some equipment I'm now at 29 total, still no detecting them (yes, I'm waiting close to them).
I think I would have done the placement of traps differently - to block an obvious route (forcing the player to find a different one) or some stashes (rewarding players that can detect/defuse them), not scattere them all over the maps, as it only leads to trial-and-error with lots of reloads.

Hm, last times i tried it took me like 2 minutes, came on the first, third and fourth hoppers i killed respectively.

Hopper hunting it is again, then...

Lhynn

Arcane

Hopper hunting it is again, then...
Still strange that you are so underleveled after all that, you should at least have an extra level.
Also check the merchants, the one at the junkyard dock sold me a acid resist leather armor. at SGS i got a decent vest with 7 mechanical threshold, with both those things it was a cake walk.

Gord

Arcane
I was actually rather lucky with acid resistance, as I found one mutant dog leather armor on some raiders (or their UR equivalent) close to the Junkyard. The acid-spitting mutant dogs were no big deal thanks to that. I also have crafted a vest with 19%/6 against mechanical and +200% damage threshold against bullets, so I can also survive bullets relatively well atm.

I'm currently looting Depot A, which is doable as long as I avoid big groups of muties+guard dogs. Those still require luck and some creative use of environment and consumables.
Still only level 7, though. I've not done the quest for Abram, maybe I should have. I've also not found this Lucky Knive quest either.

Lhynn

Arcane
I was actually rather lucky with acid resistance, as I found one mutant dog leather armor on some raiders (or their UR equivalent) close to the Junkyard. The acid-spitting mutant dogs were no big deal thanks to that. I also have crafted a vest with 19%/6 against mechanical and +200% damage threshold against bullets, so I can also survive bullets relatively well atm.

I'm currently looting Depot A, which is doable as long as I avoid big groups of muties+guard dogs. Those still require luck and some creative use of environment and consumables.
Still only level 7, though. I've not done the quest for Abram, maybe I should have. I've also not found this Lucky Knive quest either.
Hes an old man in a lake just outside of the embassy at the junkyard. go south, in front of the electronics vendor. Its a very rewarding quest.

EDIT: derped directions

Last edited:

Makagulfazel

Educated
Enjoying this game so far but I do have one criticism to make.
IT WAS FUCKING 86 PERCENT TO HIT YOU FUCKING COCK SUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!

600px-Pulp-taurus2.jpg

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Remember: In the context of to-hit chances, 85% means 50%, 55% means 25%, and 25% means 1%.

Reverse these for enemy to-hit chances.

Sodafish

Arcane
Just got to Depot A and the difficulty spike is ludicrous to the point of just being frustrating. Even with the most careful planning there's a huge amount of luck involved, basically necessitating save scumming to get through any area. Currently lvl 7 playing a stealth/crossbow/nades/traps build. Those mutie dogs men :negative:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I bet there are more than a few AR guys who wish they had one of these. :smug:

Well, into the trash it goes. :smug:

fe4778117c.png

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Remember: In the context of to-hit chances, 85% means 50%, 55% means 25%, and 25% means 1%.

Reverse these for enemy to-hit chances.

Melee lurker dude chasing my pistol guy.
Methinks "well, kneecap shot shuts melee enemies down completely. 95% chance, consider yourself DEAD, asshole."
BANG...miss.
"Ok, point shot followed by aimed shot will probably kill him outright"
Point shot: 95% THC. It charges and...HIT! For 40% of his HP.
"Fine, Aimed shot and he goes down"
Aimed shot charges at 95% and...MISS.

WELL, FUCK YOU TOO! :x:x:x:argh::argh::argh::argh::negative:

Tigranes

Arcane
Just got to Depot A and the difficulty spike is ludicrous to the point of just being frustrating. Even with the most careful planning there's a huge amount of luck involved, basically necessitating save scumming to get through any area. Currently lvl 7 playing a stealth/crossbow/nades/traps build. Those mutie dogs men :negative:

You don't have to fight any mutant+dog combo packs, if you are sneaky and you fight a couple of selected battles below ground to get the keys you need. There's no luck involved, though everywhere is dangerous and you'll need to search very carefully.

bati

Scholar
Is there any point in hoarding different calibers of ammo (for Disassemble perk) that are not usable by a specific weapon class? Ie, for ARs anything other than 9mm, 7.62 and 8.6.

Sodafish

Arcane

You don't have to fight any mutant+dog combo packs, if you are sneaky and you fight a couple of selected battles below ground to get the keys you need. There's no luck involved, though everywhere is dangerous and you'll need to search very carefully.

The very first area I didn't fight anyone. Went east and get to the bit with two turrets guarding a passage north. No other way through it. I don't know if there's something vital up there or what, so I've been trying to fight through.

Tigranes

Arcane

The very first area I didn't fight anyone. Went east and get to the bit with two turrets guarding a passage north. No other way through it. I don't know if there's something vital up there or what, so I've been trying to fight through.

If you smack your head against a brick wall continuously, yes, it will feel ludicrous. Go underground, sneak around. There are multiple paths. You want to get to the "West" overland map, which is accessible by two entries in the "North" map.

Beastro

Arcane

If you smack your head against a brick wall continuously, yes, it will feel ludicrous. Go underground, sneak around. There are multiple paths. You want to get to the "West" overland map, which is accessible by two entries in the "North" map.

Also add that with semi decent lockpicking and an omnitool you'll be able to to use the vents to make the underground all the more easier.

Sucks the crowbar needs so much str, you'd expect 7 to be enough for something that like.

Nines

Learned
I've not done the quest for Abram, maybe I should have.
Maybe you shouldn't.
The hobo warns you that the job is extremely dangerous. In order to complete it stealthy without killing anyone (like Abram wants) you will need 80 in lockpicking (it's not necessary, but just to imagine what kind of resistance you should expect if you prefer direct confrontation). If you're not experienced enough you will end up like this, together with Maura.

I hope you found / crafted yourself an armor with acid resistance. Without it, my character died in 1 attack from a mutant.
Turrets can be disabled, but you need to use a different entrance, the one about which you will learn from Eels. This way you will be able to access the security terminal directly. Of course you also need good hacking skills.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
What's going on with the last patch? Anybody else finding the Steam game no longer working at all? I can't launch it. It crashes Steam. Also, I have these two processes I can't kill at all. I've already tried rebooting the system and the game was running fine one hour ago, prior to the patch.

rRpx8uO.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom