Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ziem

Arbiter
not sure actually.. well, you can just save before levelling and test it

also
unneeded spikes
you can just add additional metal plates instead..

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
YOU CAN ADD PLATES TO METAL ARMOR?

Fuck me, how did I forget that... it's clearly been a long time since my last metal armor playthrough. :lol:

epeli

Arcane
They respawned like every 3 seconds.

Except they don't respawn. Look around carefully and you might see them burrowing...

Does anyone know whether the Juggernaut feat is based on total armor penalty, including helmet and boots, or only on the armor penalty of the chest piece/suit?

Only the suit. It doesn't check total armor penalty at all.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
That's all right, because the suit will be loaded down with plates.

Who needs to move when you're nearly impervious to guns, knives, sledgehammers, and claws, and completely impervious to crossbows?

Version 1.0.0.9
  • You'll only be able to pickpocket humans/humanoids now

Shit, there goes my "pickpocket cats hoping for fish" campaign. :negative:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Except they don't respawn. Look around carefully and you might see them burrowing
How can I kill them 40 times if they don't respawn

Anyway, it doesn't matter, I finished everything anyway

However, I can't find and kill Caius Cosades

I'm missing Control Valve. Only place I didn't finish is Tithonus lab. I have keycard to operate place but ghosts fuck me up. I assume I have to get into rooms with their tanks but it requires hacking. I also have rusty key, not sure where to use it.
I feel I missed some location, since I also don't have AI module for robot, although I finished power station and I don't really need him. Halp.

edit. fuck I'm a moron, I forgot to actually get to SHODAN. Hope that would be the end of it.
The switch to get there is incredibly easy to miss, compared to power operations.

edit. nah didn't help. still stuck.

Last edited:
Does anyone know whether the Juggernaut feat is based on total armor penalty, including helmet and boots, or only on the armor penalty of the chest piece/suit?

Looking ahead towards Super Steel, and hoping I won't have to attach unneeded spikes to my armor.
When I tested it it was only based on chest piece.

Mystary!

Arcane
Speaking of metal armors, what carrier vest should I be looking for late game? Using 4 high quality supersteels is a huge commitment when you have no idea what to expect damage wise.
What's the point of biohazard vests when all bio damage seems to bypass armor? Same with galvanic, most electrical damage seems to be from neural shock.
And what shields goes best with metal armor? I'm still not sure how the fuck they work, the low impact ones I got still get eaten up by gun fire?

Speaking of metal armors, what carrier vest should I be looking for late game? Using 4 high quality supersteels is a huge commitment when you have no idea what to expect damage wise.
What's the point of biohazard vests when all bio damage seems to bypass armor? Same with galvanic, most electrical damage seems to be from neural shock.
And what shields goes best with metal armor? I'm still not sure how the fuck they work, the low impact ones I got still get eaten up by gun fire?
I like mid shields. Still get good low defense and better defense against high and very high. Also - make sure you use two.

Re: vests - I normally go for sturdy vests for the flat health boost, but that's probably not ideal. Regen vest is probably good. Wouldn't worry about galvanized/whatever personally.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
this might be the best game in the past 5 years

New Vegas fan, eh?

Speaking of shields, I've recently discovered that adding a second shield modulator doesn't increase the resale value at all. Not that it matters much, since plasma cores are the bottleneck to crafting things to resell for a profit.

ST'Ranger

Augur

Your question about biohazard vests/galvanic equipment seems nonsensical. Of course those damage types seem to "bypass armor" if the armor you're wearing has no resistance to those damage types whatsoever. Galvanic is wonderful when you're going up against strong pisonic opponents because dual Bilocation from a strong psionic will destroy almost any character without significant CON otherwise. There are other methods to deal with bio damage that I prefer over vests.

Carrier vests are kind of up to personal taste. If I have the skills, I like a really high-end regenerative vest, but other than that I stick with sturdy for general use.

The best shield for metal armor is undoubtedly High Frequency. Since it seems you might be confused how the shields work, they will "eat" the listed amount of damage from each shot - so even Low Frequency shields will still get eaten up by High-speed impact weapons. Most of the dangerous Low-Medium speed weapons are mechanical which metal armor excels against, with the exception of really lucky hammer users. The really dangerous opponents are plasma pistoleros and high-skilled snipers - and High Frequency shields are best against those threats.

The general thought behind crafting shields is to let non-threatening damage through the shield while preventing as much threatening damage as possible. So a counter-example to the metal armor user would be the Tactical Vest user. Tactical Vests excel against firearms so High Frequency shields are a waste because those many hits from guns will eat up the shield, leaving the character vulnerable to dangerous melee/Crossbow damage. Low Frequency shields provide the best available protection against melee damage and also have very good Medium protection for crossbows.

ST'Ranger

Augur
It's possible it's a bug. It seemed to work prerelease, though I didn't test it that thoroughly. I remember having one character who got totally dominated by a particular enemy until I slapped some galvanic gear on them. I'll try to keep it in mind for testing when I get some more time to play the game.

ST'Ranger

Augur
If they've already aggroed you because you appeared to them as RHK, it's too late. It's not the most logical thing ever, but it's a clear consequence of the map loading system.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
That's all right. As long as you've already got the tailoring table, just kill the entire place and take their stuff. They don't matter at all unless you happen to need an extra 20 ampules per 90 minutes, plus you don't have to sneak when taking all their Mindshrooms!

Speaking of Bilocation, psi users are just about the only ones with a hard counter. The clones take up space, so Force Field will keep them out if you jam yourself in a corner, against a wall, or in a doorway. Other than that, your only options are to outdistance them or simply tank the damage.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I noticed one badly-needed change missing from the 1.0.0.9 patch notes:

Bethesda enthusiasts said:
It's not REALISTIC that grenades have type-based cooldowns! It doesn't feel authentic!

Underrail 1.0.0.9 patch notes said:
  • Grenade cooldowns have been removed, grenade use AP cost has been raised to 35, and only one of any kind of item is allowed per utility slot (no stacking). The Grenadier feat now lowers grenade use AP cost to 25.

epeli

Arcane
Talking about changes missing from patch notes, have some cherrypicked suggestions from elsewhere:

a victim of the decline said:
- Quest management
Quests guidance for players is horrible. Should add arrow guide in ui for current quest.

- rename difficulties from easy/normal/hard to normal/hard/insane
- make game much less punishing for misclick stealing/threspasing
- give hint to player about difficulty of current locations and enemies
- find ways to reduce annoying instant death of player in very first turn
- add some companions to player, game is too 1-vs-many
- make locations more linear
- add more animations for ui
This guy also wanted more explanations in tutorial and more exposition dumps... but then he says that the tutorial and NPCs already have too much text. Well then.

Can you guess why I prefer lurking codex for feedback?
The only problem here is that many of the improvements you guys want to see are already on the todo list and I can't talk about those. :(

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
- Quest management
Quests guidance for players is horrible. Should add arrow guide in ui for current quest.

This guy also wanted more explanations in tutorial and more exposition dumps... but then he says that the tutorial and NPCs already have too much text. Well then.
:lol::popamole:

The decline is real, nevar forget.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Talking about changes missing from patch notes, have some cherrypicked suggestions from elsewhere:

- Quest management

Can you guess why I prefer lurking codex for feedback?
The only problem here is that many of the improvements you guys want to see are already on the todo list and I can't talk about those. :(
Wait, you are one of the devs for Underrail?
Why you no have developer tag?

ArchAngel

Arcane
My list of wanted improvements by importance:
1. Make DC play more like the first 2/3 of the game with a bit more linear main quest and side quests taking us to less fun parts of DC
2. Fix main quest in CC so players know it is connected with their progress in Arena
3. Fix crossbows :D (or at least put more components for crafting special bolts to DC areas - each MK3 Shock bolt costs 3 shock components; with shock bolts crossbow is doable but you never have enough of them so you can use them instead of normal bolts in fights vs high mech armor enemies, especially in DC where you cannot just go back and raid all electronics shops). Also you cannot use special bolts and special attacks at same time. I would rather see all crossbows become fast reloading ones with 5 bolt cartridges that you reload just like bullets but making using crossbows cheaper in AP.
4. Fix Auto button in shops and let us put in numerical value of currency when trading (in addition to slider that exists now)
5. Add option to inventory filter All that will hide all keys/plot items. (and put energy shields under some filter)
6. Fix that quest in Rail Crossing that has us go back and forth 20 times (I know it is not that many time but it is too much)
7. Fast travel by guides that take you to preset places around the cities for a fee.
8. More quests with Gorsky that finish up his story instead of leaving it kind of hanging.
9. Bit more reactivity after doing major and some minor quests (outposts outside SGS get guards after you clear them, leftovers at Buzzers get cleaned up, warehouse in CC gets cleaned up), being Gladiator/Invictus but still being able to ask people newbie questions about Arena and stuff like that.
Being able to find Acid Hunters hideout without getting a quest first, just by having good detection. I was told by few NPCs that they are in sewers and cleared the whole area including where the passage shows up but was not able to see it with 10 Perception. It felt too gamey to only be able to see it with a quest.
11. Lower the XP gain on Classic. Oddity is noticeable slower when leveling up. On classic with only lockpicking and much less exploration I still level up faster with no grinding and no clearing same areas more than first time I enter them.
12. I got loads more but that is for another time

Last edited:
I noticed one badly-needed change missing from the 1.0.0.9 patch notes:

Bethesda enthusiasts said:
It's not REALISTIC that grenades have type-based cooldowns! It doesn't feel authentic!

Underrail 1.0.0.9 patch notes said:
  • Grenade cooldowns have been removed, grenade use AP cost has been raised to 35, and only one of any kind of item is allowed per utility slot (no stacking). The Grenadier feat now lowers grenade use AP cost to 25.
... that's a joke, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom