Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
I gotta say, Stealth completely trivializes the game. Without it I had to lead enemies where I wanted them to be, set traps, make them engage me at distance so I could use my sniper rifle, tape down Z key, and so forth. With it I can just casually walk behind the back of most dangerous enemies and burst 1-2 of them, then proceed with stuns and other CC and burst them too. Even fact that I use SMGs doesn't make it harder, although I really like how enemy armor matters now (with my AR crit build, 80-100 armor: much armor, wow, get hit for 300 damage with AR or 1-2k with sniper rifle).
Really made a mistake by picking Normal again. I thought playing with SMG/crossbows, Stealth, with no defensive skills and Tailoring would be alright but Stealth just owns AI. It even makes defensive skills redundant.

But I do enjoy new quests (Drones, and hope I'll get Oculus too).

You wouldn't like it if AI did what you do to them back to you.

AIs are pulling less punches than they could. If they did, I don't think this game will be playable. Imagine every single human enemy did sentry bot things. Or every single enemy prepared a EMP grenade to neutralize shields. Or Lurkers used cut-throat. Or if they incapacitate you they simply skip the turn as a group and attack you on the next one. Or if enemy crossbow guy actually took cover at the end of every turn. Or if all enemy snipers that has stealth entered stealth and used snipe as their opening attack.

It makes no sense to complain about AI or unfairness of a particular game mechanic when you are completely dependent on this unfairness to progress in the game.

I do wish the option of no punches pulled by AI existed.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Imagine every single human enemy did sentry bot things. Or every single enemy prepared a EMP grenade to neutralize shields. Or Lurkers used cut-throat. Or if they incapacitate you they simply skip the turn as a group and attack you on the next one. Or if enemy crossbow guy actually took cover at the end of every turn. Or if all enemy snipers that has stealth entered stealth and used snipe as their opening attack.
Sounds awesome, where do I sign?

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
Imagine every single human enemy did sentry bot things. Or every single enemy prepared a EMP grenade to neutralize shields. Or Lurkers used cut-throat. Or if they incapacitate you they simply skip the turn as a group and attack you on the next one. Or if enemy crossbow guy actually took cover at the end of every turn. Or if all enemy snipers that has stealth entered stealth and used snipe as their opening attack.
Sounds awesome, where do I sign?

Ask Styg I suppose.

I don't think most builds will be viable in that case. Locus of control/bullhead/thick skull will be mandatory. Shields will be shit. Holding a room with bear traps unviable.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't think most builds will be viable in that case. Locus of control/bullhead/thick skull will be mandatory. Shields will be shit. Holding a room with bear traps unviable.
Depends on balance of things. EMP for now is too strong, for example. Almost a win button in many situations. It is also so easy to use that you don't ever need to place EMP mines. Making EMP mines stronger than grenades would be a good change.

I like when you have to use everything you know. For example, SCS or it's ugly brother Tactics Mod for BG2 make a lot of things harder to use, but open new options (like making some enemies immune to regular weapons in the beginning, you'd better learn that useless Jaheira's druid shapeshift ability gives her claws +2).

Nines

Learned
What is the best strategy for getting best super steel plates from Bernard? I gave him 9k, and got 160, 126, and 93 quality plates, which means two of them are useless. Kind of expensive if you ask me, and it seems like you can't savescum this thing.

Nines

Learned
Thanks.

I wish merchants had more dosh as you progress through the game. Walking around a city collecting 400-500 damn bottlecaps from every trader is tedious.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
deep caverns

Trying to find the hydraulic valve thingie

I understand it's in the building with the guys in stasis

all doors are locked

help please

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
but only powerbox that is not melted apart allows me to to use that console.. and I am not enough hacky enough to use it well.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Thanks.

I wish merchants had more dosh as you progress through the game. Walking around a city collecting 400-500 damn bottlecaps from every trader is tedious.

You are already very lucky to get 160Q super steel on the first batch. Or at all honestly. Be happy.

I got q159, q154, and q99 Super Steel plates my first batch in my latest game. :smug:

Of course, this is my fourth full playthrough of Underrail (the third since Super Steel was implemented back in alpha), so I'd say I deserve a little break.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
Thanks.

You are already very lucky to get 160Q super steel on the first batch. Or at all honestly. Be happy.

I got q159, q154, and q99 Super Steel plates my first batch in my latest game. :smug:

Of course, this is my fourth full playthrough of Underrail (the third since Super Steel was implemented back in alpha), so I'd say I deserve a little break.

Q159 still ain't no Q160 :smug:

Shadenuat

Arcane
but only powerbox that is not melted apart allows me to to use that console.. and I am not enough hacky enough to use it well.
The keycard for console is at Caerus Residential Block, that's a building at square with a statue (Abdul's card). To open doors in residential area you need to give it power from Arke Power Station.
Oh and don't forget to grab another card from there too, Marie's or whathername, it's essential for playthrough.

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So after admittedly struggling with my AR / sniper build for a decent portion of the early game (stumbled upon the Ironhead base for the first time last night, uh, yeah, I had to hit F9 a lot) I finally made myself a sniper rifle.

I totally forgot to pick up Gun Nut like a retard before I actually made the damn thing so she's far from perfect (but still pretty damn good, as you can see from my post in the screenshot thread.)

Figured I'd pick up the "smart module" goggles also, see what all the fuss was about regarding the increase in power to special attacks. Remembered to get Critical Power, too.

Wasn't expecting to hit 1k crits on fully shielded enemies, that's for certain!

Maybe I should have played on Hard...

Oh well, perhaps I'll actually get through DC now without bailing like a coward.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Haha, awesome!

Do share with us the email you will get from her once she reaches DC ;)

Nines

Learned
  • Tabi boots extra base real-time movement speed bonus reduced but it now scales with material quality*
    * Only applies to items generated/crafted after the update is applied. Will not modify existing items.
This is great. Now tabi boots crafted from q100+ materials can give you +30% movement speed instead of +10%. Not sure if you can go any higher though.

Some 64 years old french granny send us a mail that she loves Underrail.
tumblr_n6zdmspPiE1skh0gdo1_400.gif

Nines

Learned
So, you can't progress with
Jack's questline, unless you persuaded Foundry guards that the assassin is innocent? It's been some time now, and he didn't offer me any new tasks after this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom