Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Trashos

Arcane
I am finding the Juice effect too short (15m). I am using it for my merchant rounds, and I need 2 Juices to go to all the main merchants (who are in cities).

Not a big deal, but annoying.

Parabalus

Arcane
Lol. Managed to silently shank Balor. I was thinning the herd, blowing up grenades to pick up guys one by one and then I'm noticed that Balor is chilling out in a room, all alone. Went in to make him a company.

Now, Taser and Cheap Shots allow to stunlock him. Not 100% reliable, but works. And what weapon I used? The Claw! I said that I will find a use for it and I did. It causes bleeding wounds which damage by itself and proc infected wounds. Claw also stacks contamination which can easily go to 90% more damage. So, base damage, skill bonus, crit bonus, Expose Weakness lowered thresholds, infected wounds and contaminated bonuses and all of that with high Dex, giving ~150 dmg per lucky crit with 7 hits per turn. Guy went down in five or six turns.

Gotta try it in the Arena.

This is very incline. Mind sharing build for ideas? Feels like for most chars the key is having a reliable disable loop - my current pistolero's too reliant on acid entanglement on that front, with its relatively low %.

Try Incendiary pistols, they go up to 75% to proc fear.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
This is very incline. Mind sharing build for ideas? Feels like for most chars the key is having a reliable disable loop - my current pistolero's too reliant on acid entanglement on that front, with its relatively low %.
I'll post it later but for now I say that the crowd control and disabling is a must for all glass cannon builds. Running around in Rathound Regalia with ~90HP and zero dodge/evasion - how long do you think I'll last in an open fight?

Parabalus

Arcane
The Abandoned Waterways are super worth it to be done asap... I wonder what would be the earliest one could loot the place.

You'd need at least a Aegis patrol to get past the speed check. And not only passing the speed check, but having enough speed to blaze through the goliathuses and then passing another check. Think it can be done just after Depot A if you're able to steal the junk jet at Rays. Though your build must have reliable combat assets, since combat there can be very rough. The muties are very well armed. I think you should wait at least level 16 to tackle the place. You'll leave at least at level 20 if you're on classic, so much XP there.

What's the difference between jumping over where the goliathuses are compared to the hunchback entrance?

CHEMS

Scholar
The Abandoned Waterways are super worth it to be done asap... I wonder what would be the earliest one could loot the place.

You'd need at least a Aegis patrol to get past the speed check. And not only passing the speed check, but having enough speed to blaze through the goliathuses and then passing another check. Think it can be done just after Depot A if you're able to steal the junk jet at Rays. Though your build must have reliable combat assets, since combat there can be very rough. The muties are very well armed. I think you should wait at least level 16 to tackle the place. You'll leave at least at level 20 if you're on classic, so much XP there.

What's the difference between jumping over where the goliathuses are compared to the hunchback entrance?

If you go through the goliathuses, you get a less arabic entrance. That means, no one hurling rocks at you. But you will have to go through them on your way back, though.

Yaz

Learned

The Hunchbacks stand a chance of sinking some of the less armoured jets. I have never taken any other route than the underground rocks, though. There's a safe spot there from where you can poke all the mutants down.

Parabalus

Arcane
I went through the golathuses and currently clearing the muties, through the tunnel where you flip a switch. Looks like the paths merge here, and there's a speedtest through the hunchback route.

Found nothing but junk so far though.

If you go through the goliathuses, you get a less arabic entrance. That means, no one hurling rocks at you.

But if you can speed through the golathuses you can speed through the mutants as well?

CHEMS

Scholar
uyr14z9.png

Ok, this shit is getting ridiculous now. There are so many dead eels that the ones that'll spawn get stuck because they can't navigate through the thousand jets floating around. They don't stop coming, and you can't even loot the shit because more will spawn and kill you.

Last edited:

CHEMS

Scholar
But if you can speed through the golathuses you can speed through the mutants as well?

There's too many of them and they are scattered around the map, while the goliathuses are confined in a tight space.

Yaz

Learned
Ok, this shit is getting ridiculous now. There are so many dead eels that the ones that'll spawn get stuck because they can navigate through the thousand jets floating around. They don't stop coming, and you can even loot the shit because more will spawn and kill you.

TBH, if I were you, I'd make a suggestion to the devs to limit their numbers. Certain builds might have a hard time escaping the Rig after the questline so it would make sense to have it limited like with Aegis.

Nice character portrait. Where's it from?

CHEMS

Scholar
Ok, this shit is getting ridiculous now. There are so many dead eels that the ones that'll spawn get stuck because they can navigate through the thousand jets floating around. They don't stop coming, and you can even loot the shit because more will spawn and kill you.

TBH, if I were you, I'd make a suggestion to the devs to limit their numbers. Certain builds might have a hard time escaping the Rig after the questline so it would make sense to have it limited like with Aegis.

Nice character portrait. Where's it from?

There's no way that this is intended. Must be a bug or something. I stopped counting the eels after i killed the 50th one. You could repopulate lemuria with them! I can safely mow them with my shotty though. As for the portraits, i think got it from a portrait pack at the underrail forums, but i can't remember which one. Sorry. https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=1304.0

If you can't find it i can post it here for you

Parabalus

Arcane
The Jet ski enemies in the new dungeon really show a lot of what is wrong with the combat - they are deadly jet to jet, but if you attack them dismounted and LoS them they will keep standing at the shore indefinitely, ready to be AoEd down.

Found nothing but junk so far though.

You're in for some surprises :)

Looks like all the decent stuff starts at the 3rd map (exo boss). Before that only found an energy emitter in the middle of the second map and a jet part.

Nothing >Q170 so far though.

CHEMS

Scholar
Must be a bug or something. I stopped counting the eels after i killed the 50th one.
They respawn infinitely. Same thing with pirate respawn somewhere south at their place, although you can stop that if you cull pirate leaders. No way to stop Eels, though.

I wouldn't mind they respawning around the waterways, but concentrating them at the Rig is cramming the place. There's so much clutter that i can't navigate properly and i even get lags spikes at this map.

I never found anything higher than 170 there. 160ish may be possible though. But yeah, they're deadly alright, and that's cool. It's like Depot A is getting it's revenge against you. :D There's even a boss there but i won't tell you what it is, it'll spoil the surprise.

Parabalus

Arcane
There's even a boss there but i won't tell you what it is, it'll spoil the surprise.

Someone other than the Exo guy?

I found the quest objective, what exactly do I have to clear to be sure she'll make it safely back? Guessing she'll die if I don't use the crane or clear out the hunchbacks in the upper half of the first map.

Too bad she can't use the Junkyard entrance.

Yaz

Learned
The Jet ski enemies in the new dungeon really show a lot of what is wrong with the combat - they are deadly jet to jet, but if you attack them dismounted and LoS them they will keep standing at the shore indefinitely, ready to be AoEd down.

I think that's how you want them. Certainly for all the talk about extended tedium in the game I don't think people would want those guys retreating around and hiding from your vision as that would certainly extend the time you're fighting them. Their jets being quite easy to sink certainly helps. You could throw an EMP to reduce their AP and remove their MP which makes them significantly easier to deal with while waterborne.

It would be pretty neat if you do get some 170 +. The maximum I've ever gotten is 170.

Parabalus

Arcane

I think that's how you want them. Certainly for all the talk about extended tedium in the game I don't think people would want those guys retreating around and hiding from your vision as that would certainly extend the time you're fighting them. Their jets being quite easy to sink certainly helps. You could throw an EMP to reduce their AP and remove their MP which makes them significantly easier to deal with while waterborne.

It would be pretty neat if you do get some 170 +. The maximum I've ever gotten is 170.

I've only gotten one q163 steel plate from the exo boss, everything else was below 160.

I couldn't really try fighting them waterborne since I dumped my jet after I went through the golathuses and trap door.

Parabalus

Arcane
I've only gotten one q163 steel plate from the exo boss, everything else was below 160.

Quite interested in what you get from the room past the Coil Spiders.

The one where you open the doors to the mutagen containers, with the 3 unqiue jet ski parts? Or underground?

Trash. Nothing over 160. Best so far is 158 Soft-padding and a 158 energy emitter.

Can the quest objective die on the way out? Do I have to clear all the mobs?

Yaz

Learned
The one where you open the doors to the mutagen containers, with the 3 unqiue jet ski parts? Or underground?

Trash. Nothing over 160. Best so far is 158 Soft-padding and a 158 energy emitter.

Not sure about her dying. I am also not sure if you can interact with her or the Rigmaster after that. I've taken it only as far as Ion.

A Hard Foam Padding of 150 is still quite good, actually. I was under the impression there's at least one in the entire dungeon as I've always managed to get at least that much.

Parabalus

Arcane

Not sure about her dying. I am also not sure if you can interact with her or the Rigmaster after that. I've taken it only as far as Ion.

A Hard Foam Padding of 150 is still quite good, actually. I was under the impression there's at least one in the entire dungeon as I've always managed to get at least that much.

Best I found is q149 High-density, if that's what you mean.

I wanted to send her to Protectorate, guess I'll just do it and see how it goes.

CHEMS

Scholar
We should get more high level dungeons. Early game is cramped with random stuff, but combat in early game is nowhere as fun as combat when you're at level 20.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom