Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

epeli

Arcane
I can't access these freezers, is it intended?
Show Spoiler
99ac44ddc17b8d42d166acdbe4ef7f34.jpg

Nah, should be accessible, I'll fix that later.

Sloppy! That was reported during the beta. I hope you didn't miss many others of the small bugs I kept spamming. ;)

Alfons

Prophet
Hard difficulty is funny. 3 Con and psi empathy gives you a whopping 47 HP at level 4.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Like it a lot so far, except for the frequent 'Failed to transition' messages that crash my game. Planning to focus my character on firearms and crafting.

There's a transition crash log in Documents\My Games\Underrail. Could you post one of them here?

Here you go:

System.Exception: Failed to save game 'autosave'. Exception: System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
at bef.ac5(String A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2) ---> System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
at bef.ac5(String A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at cez.LogAndThrow[T](Exception innerException, LogSeverity severity, String message, Object[] messageArgs)
at bef.ac5(String A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2)
at nf.cz(aj8 A_0)
at zq.g(aj8 A_0)
at ba6.cz(aj8 A_0)
at zq.g(aj8 A_0)

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Yeah, sounds like something is messing with your autosave folder, perhaps an AV or something. Probably best to disable autosave on transition.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I also assume the Oddity XP system is the way to play the game, rather than using the classic system?

There's literally no reason not to play on Oddity. The classic XP system only rewards you for completing quests and killing mobs. Oddity rewards you for both, but also for exploration and looting. You don't have to neurotically hunt every single rat either after you cap out the oddity items that are unique to certain monsters, unless you are looking for crafting components.

eXalted

Arcane
Is anyone experiencing a very minor mouse delay?

You know, that kind of delay that doesn't hamper the gameplay but also doesn't make your mouse movement sharp?

(OCD Detected.)

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Is anyone experiencing a very minor mouse delay?

You know, that kind of delay that doesn't hamper the gameplay but also doesn't make your mouse movement sharp?

(OCD Detected.)

I have it as well. Slightly drunk mouse.

Flagship MacBook Pro @ 720p and a Bluetooth mouse.

Alfons

Prophet
So before I start bitching, can someone else confirm that you can longer reload shop inventory?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Was the game sent to marketing people, can we expect reviews any time soon? (not for me, but I like to see this game get more publicity)

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Was the game sent to marketing people, can we expect reviews any time soon? (not for me, but I like to see this game get more publicity)

To do my bit, I did put a vid with a positive vibe on my YT so all my 12 subs are now informed of the incline that is Underrail.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Bros, i am starting a brand new char. Going full on psi and crafting. 10 Will and 10 Int, will dump rest into agi and perception. What is the max perception with/without Snooping feat i need to discover all hidden doors and secrets? Please its really important :)

Alfons

Prophet
Problems, savescummer? :troll:
Seriously though, was the shop system reworked or just the savescumming removed? If it's the latter it's probably one of the most retarded decisions I've seen.

Monocause

Arcane
I find the struggle of min/maxing self destructive. If you are playing the game for the difficulty then you are basically destroying your own fun by making it less difficult. I am not one for speedruns or participating in leagues of ARPG s either.

The reason I assume a min/maxing mindset is the game encouraging it with the amount of customizability it offers even as you start the game. I know a playthrough will answer most of my questions, but it would be sıubpar, and although it doesn't matter much for a single game, the time wasted on several games in this manner add up.

See, there's the problem. The way you're writing about it, gameplay means optimisation, while a playthrough with subpar choices is 'wasted time', an ersatz of sorts.

You and Norfleet would get along fine, I think. Ever tried Star Trek Online?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
OK, so I fired up steam from my laptop and I'm using my tablet's mobile connection via tethering. I'M GONNA PLAY FUCKING UNDERRAIL, WHATEVER IT TAKES!

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Do I just keep posting dev log here now...? :)

Game Released

Hi guys. As most of you are aware by now, we've finally released the 1.0.0.0 version.

Development of this game has been one interesting 7 year adventure for me. First it was a one man part-time (read: night-time) hobby project where the basis for all that is to come was laid out. Then it was a one man full-time mad scientist sort of operation that gave birth to most of the game mechanics seen today. And then lastly, as a three man project during which the amount and quality of the content expanded far beyond my original intentions and even hopes.

But all this would not have been possible if there was not a deep-seeded desire for this kind of gaming experience, still echoing from the void left by the departure of classical western RPGs, present in you, the players. So, personally and on behalf of the team, I thank you for patiently supporting us throughout the years and I hope that the final product is to your liking.

We'll still be here, supporting the game by ironing out any remaining bugs and applying some more polish here and there. As for what happens next, we'll discuss that when the dust settles. Stay tuned.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Any way to change the font? You should get stoned for choosing that one.
:killitwithfire:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom