Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

jackofshadows

Magister
TM is fucking awesome. Best skill in the game :yeah:

Sheepherder

Augur
Which makes it shit.
Counterpoint:

ATZH1DB.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
Regarding TM, I only ever use it the exact same way for every build - is it different for you guys?

Get up to 35 for Increment, then 55 for Haste, and then possibly 70 for Stasis. Use Haste every single battle interchanging with Adrenaline, use Increment for your most important skill/grenade, use Stasis as failsafe.

I've never found any of the other skills really worth using, and it almost seems like at this point taking TM is less of a choice than a default thing that you do, like using Adrenaline.

Trashos

Arcane
Get up to 35 for Increment, then 55 for Haste, and then possibly 70 for Stasis. Use Haste every single battle interchanging with Adrenaline, use Increment for your most important skill/grenade, use Stasis as failsafe.

Same, though I consider Stasis to be as important as Haste. It prolongs adrenaline and haste for a full round if used just before they end or it basically gives you a second alpha strike if used at the end of the 1st round. Just make sure any dogs are gone, because they can debuff you while you are in stasis for some reason.

Also, Temporal Distortion can be situationally useful depending on build, eg against robots in GMS, turrets in Depot A, cameras, and in attack-and-hide tactics against sea wyrms in Black Sea.

CHEMS

Scholar
Thanks. Thinking about changing to Fedora on my machine but was afraid that i wouldn't be able to play Underrail on it.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I've had urges to make a tin can build

I did a sick hybrid with temporal, dodge, siphoner armor, ar build on my first playthrough and it wasn't too bad, wasn't ideal but it had some strengths

Zeem

Learned
Any of you guys tried to run Underrail on Linux?
yes with proton. smooth as fuck.

Does it work smoothly out of the box now? I had to install dotnet40 and xna40 with Protontricks to fix some slowdowns when mousing to the edge of the screen, but that was a while ago.
No, you still have to install those. Fortunately, outside of installing those libraries and (possibly) disabling overlay you don't need to do anything and after the initial setup it runs perfectly smoothly. I also had to manually disable dxvk (Vulkan), but that's because I'm running it on a decade old toaster that doesn't support that framework.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Does it work smoothly out of the box now? I had to install dotnet40 and xna40 with Protontricks to fix some slowdowns when mousing to the edge of the screen, but that was a while ago.
No, you still have to install those. Fortunately, outside of installing those libraries and (possibly) disabling overlay you don't need to do anything and after the initial setup it runs perfectly smoothly. I also had to manually disable dxvk (Vulkan), but that's because I'm running it on a decade old toaster that doesn't support that framework.

Yeah, that was mostly my experience too. Everything ran smoothly after Protontricks. I didn't have any overlay issues, but I did experience crashes when exiting the game normally.

Basshead

Educated

You still need to install those but that’s basically it and it runs very smoothly from there. Same when using wine on a Mac as well. I don’t think it would be too hard to get a port going that worked out of the box, but who knows if the market is big enough to make it worthwhile. I’m just happy it’s easy enough to get running on my MacBook. The more people that have access to this game the better.

pizza_microwave

Liturgist
Please someone tell me if it's known yet what Styg will add to the last patch in January, if I should wait for another playthrough or if I should just start now. This wait for patches and such has become overly ridiculous over the years. I just want to play the videogame, man.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Please someone tell me if it's known yet what Styg will add to the last patch in January, if I should wait for another playthrough or if I should just start now. This wait for patches and such has become overly ridiculous over the years. I just want to play the videogame, man.
Oh cybernetics will be part of the final update?

Scrounger

Educated
UI rework and additions (also with the option for the old UI)
Quest tweaks and reworks (not much known but I've heard about Protectorate questline)
Motion related stuff (whatever that is...)
+ many things that nobody knows

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom