Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Dude quest chain is quite fun, now have to figure out the riddle of the console. Drives me mad, and I am drunk on top of that!
I tried solving that drunk too. I was overthinking it completely, just keep in mind
there's three codes in the room because I was missing one and tried finding number combinations that added up to each of the numbers of my other code.

My gut tells me
that it is addition based but I can't make heads or tails out of it atm.
Yeah it's addition based and involves the numbers in each line.

Sykar

Arcane
Dude quest chain is quite fun, now have to figure out the riddle of the console. Drives me mad, and I am drunk on top of that!
I tried solving that drunk too. I was overthinking it completely, just keep in mind
there's three codes in the room because I was missing one and tried finding number combinations that added up to each of the numbers of my other code.

My gut tells me
that it is addition based but I can't make heads or tails out of it atm.
Yeah it's addition based and involves the numbers in each line.

Yeah got it now I think,
solved the first batch, 2 left, got completely new numbers after the first one which had numbers from the meter when adding up the numbers in certain lines. Now got to add up shit again and see if it correspond with chemicals or the piece of paper

Edit:
next one is
the paper

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm about to buy the expansion and play the game. Can you play a "monk" style character with fists or claws or something similar?

Not only that - you can play as psi-monk! Long years of meditation have their benefits.
You can play with claws, or barehanded.

How did a psi build kill him before Temporal school?

Cryostasis, Cryogenic Induction, and good ol TK Punch.

Biggest problem for me is that I do not know if dex needs to be 16 or if you can go with a little less and still hit max attacks per round.

He can go new barehanded path - there are 2 new featsthat support unarmed melee now, which require less Dex to get minimal AP per attack.
But it require Str for damage.

Candide

Educated
I started a new pistol + shotgun character for the Expedition (pistols being one of my favorite builds in the base game) and guess which crafting component I can't find anywhere? Rapid reloader of course.

Parabalus

Arcane
Continuum Ripple is worth taking just for the Beast fight alone - it absolutely trivializes it, damned beasts never left the pit. Gonna be a joy in Arke as well.

Sykar

Arcane
Continuum Ripple is worth taking just for the Beast fight alone - it absolutely trivializes it, damned beasts never left the pit. Gonna be a joy in Arke as well.

I love it in general. Went for 10 agi 10 wil Blitz Tranquility cave wizard. Level 11 now, going for Meditation and Neuroligst. 140 PSI with good mufflers should give me a good effecive pool to get some use out of those 105 AP first round. 50 base + 20 Adrenaline + 20 Blitz + 15 haste TM buff. Think you can up that to 120 with feat that gives 5 more AP on buff and 10 more AP on Blitz from specialization.

Parabalus

Arcane

I love it in general. Went for 10 agi 10 wil Blitz Tranquility cave wizard. Level 11 now, going for Meditation and Neuroligst. 140 PSI with good mufflers should give me a good effecive pool to get some use out of those 105 AP first round. 50 base + 20 Adrenaline + 20 Blitz + 15 haste TM buff. Think you can up that to 120 with feat that gives 5 more AP on buff and 10 more AP on Blitz from specialization.

I did the above with Psychosis (which is horrible for TM), with your setup it'll be absolutely trivial. Had a Temporal Distortion psiband though.

Going by the wiki you could get up to 165 PSI :positive:.

Sykar

Arcane
Btw I shoudl say I reported that Temporal Distortion thing, soon we'll find out is it bug or not.
:positive:

You mean that it does not break Mind Break, pun intented?

I did the above with Psychosis (which is horrible for TM), with your setup it'll be absolutely trivial. Had a Temporal Distortion psiband though.

Going by the wiki you could get up to 165 PSI :positive:.

Yeah I always get giddy if I see I setup up 8 Distortions and they are about to pop and spread. Good times! Definetely takes a bit of planning and preparation though. Force Field is vital, too.

By the way, TM works great against enemy Snipers. With the feat they lose 15 AP and a lot of them use 40 AP or 45 AP Snipers, so they cannot do dick. :incline:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Right, I think this is the build I'm going with. The exact skill distribution is approximate; I'm not sure where I'll choose to plateau most of the non-combat skills, because I don't know how high I'll want them with the new expansion (and forgot where I'd usually park them before, anyway).

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?Hgs...HCpsKiGm3CnsKfwqDCoWzinaAD4qmEBeKzpALit6YF378

Strengths: SPEEEEAR!, throwing SPEEEEAR!s and utilities, CHONK (but with riot armor; slightly nervous about doing without the tin can), cheat-y min-maxed omni-crafting, didn't waste skill points or feats on Dodge and Evasion

Weaknesses: bumbles over every trap, must panic-throw grenades in hopes of revealing stealthed enemies and can easily be killed by a homeless man, vaporized by even mediocre psi users, half of mobility boosts (+AGI, Strider) left to very late game

Sykar

Arcane
Right, I think this is the build I'm going with. The exact skill distribution is approximate; I'm not sure where I'll choose to plateau most of the non-combat skills, because I don't know how high I'll want them with the new expansion (and forgot where I'd usually park them before, anyway).

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?Hgs...HCpsKiGm3CnsKfwqDCoWzinaAD4qmEBeKzpALit6YF378

Strengths: SPEEEEAR!, throwing SPEEEEAR!s and utilities, CHONK (but with riot armor; slightly nervous about doing without the tin can), cheat-y min-maxed omni-crafting, didn't waste skill points or feats on Dodge and Evasion

Weaknesses: bumbles over every trap, must panic-throw grenades in hopes of revealing stealthed enemies and can easily be killed by a homeless man, vaporized by even mediocre psi users, half of mobility boosts (+AGI, Strider) left to very late game

Maybe you could dump will and per to 3, get con 9. If you can get 1 more point you can get the Thick Skull feat which helps a lot against stuns, get helmet with visor against the usual disorients.
By the way my cave wizard has per 3 and has no problem finding traps, thanks to Paranoia, bat food and good detection googles, atm at around 60%.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Where do you find the Q180ish components, for which you such have high crafting?

As I've said, I don't really remember the plateaus (soft or hard) for crafting skills, especially now that Expedition is in the mix. If I end up with excess points to spend, I'll probably pump combat skills by 5-10 points each and buff Mercantile.

Maybe you could dump will and per to 3, get con 9. If you can get 1 more point you can get the Thick Skull feat which helps a lot against stuns, get helmet with visor against the usual disorients.
By the way my cave wizard has per 3 and has no problem finding traps, thanks to Paranoia, bat food and good detection googles, atm at around 60%.

It feels wrong to dump stats that hard, but then again, it can only hurt but so much more.

Also, yeah, I'd considered dropping some other feat and getting Paranoia for the reason you describe. I may just do that.

Parabalus

Arcane
Where do you find the Q180ish components, for which you such have high crafting?

As I've said, I don't really remember the plateaus (soft or hard) for crafting skills, especially now that Expedition is in the mix. If I end up with excess points to spend, I'll probably pump combat skills by 5-10 points each and buff Mercantile.

You could shave 25-30 ish points of all 5 pre-XP, unless you wanted to craft in DC.

Fenix Tygrende Are there plenty of Q185 stuff in the expansion content? Did find any yet in the base game, upto Institute.

It feels wrong to dump stats that hard, but then again, it can only hurt but so much more.

Also, yeah, I'd considered dropping some other feat and getting Paranoia for the reason you describe. I may just do that.

I'd dump both to 3, and also drop Agility by several points, but you seem to have chosen it mostly for flavour.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Does off balance trigger opportunist?

No. The victim must be unable to act (stunned, incapacitated), unable to move (immobilized), or suffer from reduced movement (slowed).

Off-balance exists solely to punish NPCs for being foolish enough to waste skill points on Dodge and Evasion.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Blaine said:

I'd dump both to 3, and also drop Agility by several points, but you seem to have chosen it mostly for flavour.

No, I chose Agility 8+2 because it affords some breathing room (for MP) when wearing heavier armor, and also allows me to choose Strider much later on.

Initiative is going to be fucked either way, but not entirely fucked with a good Agility score. That's the penalty for choosing not to pump DEX and AGI and waste tons of skill points on poorly implemented avoidance skills. :negative:

Tygrende

Arbiter
Are there plenty of Q185 stuff in the expansion content? Did find any yet in the base game, upto Institute.
No, the highest quality components I could find before DC with Expedition were around 150, with the exception of super steel that goes up to 160. They could be that high in DC, maybe, but that's very unreliable and imo not worth spending points for. They also could be a bit higher before DC with mercantile, but I wouldn't know.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Oh my fuck, it's been so long since I played that I forgot repair kits even existed. :lol:

For those just getting started with the game, crafting skills aren't only OP because they produce ludicrously strong equipment. They're also OP because they produce extremely large mountains of money, and the pathway up that mountain is paved with repair kits. Not only that, but reducing minimally valuable loot into scraps and then turning those scraps into repair kits (and ideally, repairing valuable loot on the spot) vastly reduces your overall encumbrance, allowing you to carry much more loot back to town.

It's as if crafting skills beat the shit out of Dodge and Evasion and stole their wallets.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
It's as if crafting skills beat the shit out of Dodge and Evasion and stole their wallets.

So is the autist/min-maxer consensus dodge/evasion are awful trap skills? I thought they were still ok to invest in for certain builds. Maybe not on highest difficulty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom