Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Sunri

Liturgist
Molotov cocktails = easy mode

Parabalus

Arcane
Don't worry, it used to be 10x worse, and people here still defended it.
Didn't creeping dread take a minute to wear off back at release? I wasn't playing back then but I think I heard people say that. Waiting that out over and over would be the most boring shit.
you couldn't speed up the game neither
Stuff would also spawn on area entry and exit with no limit, so you could stack up enemies unknowingly.

is infused ancient rathound leather good mid/end game armor?
Ancient rathound gives you damage reduction, so that's special. It's not just threshold/resistance like normal armour, it's the other type of damage reduction like from morphine or conditioning. So if you already have some reduction from other sources then stacking it higher can be cool. But if you don't it's not really very good.
In general, the good general purpose leathers are standard rathound for crit chance, cave hopper for movement, pig/bison for hp (only good on hard/dominating because those difficulties give you less hp than easy/normal). Maybe siphoner for evasion if you're into that. The rest are for special purposes only.

CHEMS

Scholar
Still on rathounds, how you guys get good quality rathound leather? My go to is to hope RNG Jesus bless me and the augmented rat on that cave in core city drops one. I usually sneak to him, kill it quickly, loot the corpse and powder grenade my way out so i don't have to kill any faceless while doing this

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Still on rathounds, how you guys get good quality rathound leather? My go to is to hope RNG Jesus bless me and the augmented rat on that cave in core city drops one. I usually sneak to him, kill it quickly, loot the corpse and powder grenade my way out so i don't have to kill any faceless while doing this
interesting technique, anyway:
https://stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Rathound_Leather

looks like 44 is regular hunting limit, 62 through some npcs, 72 on augumented rathounds. Looking at infused leather formula effort isnt worth that much, better to focus dumping money on super steel

oh there is a formula for crit chance now:
https://stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Infused_Rathound_Leather
increases critical chance of weapons and unarmed attacks by roughly 15% at maximum quality (additive), formula seems to be: 1 + 0,075 * quality, but the result is rounded half up. Assuming 180 quality Super Steel Fiber and no Skinner feat, 13-71 quality Rathound Leather gives the same 11% crit chance (127-139 quality Infused Rathound Leather). With Skinner feat, 180 quality Super Steel Fiber and same quality Rathound Leather you get 13% crit chance (127-139 quality Infused Rathound Leather).
tl;dr; as far as crit chance goes, leather quality doesnt make much dent

CHEMS

Scholar
interesting technique, anyway:
https://stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Rathound_Leather

looks like 44 is regular hunting limit, 62 through some npcs, 72 on augumented rathounds. Looking at infused leather formula effort isnt worth that much, better to focus dumping money on super steel

oh there is a formula for crit chance now:
https://stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Infused_Rathound_Leather
increases critical chance of weapons and unarmed attacks by roughly 15% at maximum quality (additive), formula seems to be: 1 + 0,075 * quality, but the result is rounded half up. Assuming 180 quality Super Steel Fiber and no Skinner feat, 13-71 quality Rathound Leather gives the same 11% crit chance (127-139 quality Infused Rathound Leather). With Skinner feat, 180 quality Super Steel Fiber and same quality Rathound Leather you get 13% crit chance (127-139 quality Infused Rathound Leather).
tl;dr; as far as crit chance goes, leather quality doesnt make much dent
Skinner for an extra 2% chance to crit. Maybe it's worth it if i have lots of feat slots available. Booth used to sell some good quality rat leather, but i think he's been nerfed a bit.

CHEMS

Scholar
So i think i'm gonna make a Sniper/GL hybrid build with TM and PK support, with a little Metathermics just for the Thermodynamic Destabilization. And of course it's gonna be a SI build. A complete abomination.

Also i'm gonna test the mod that spawns all the random dungeons and see if it really works

Mauman

Learned
So i think i'm gonna make a Sniper/GL hybrid build with TM and PK support, with a little Metathermics just for the Thermodynamic Destabilization. And of course it's gonna be a SI build. A complete abomination.

Also i'm gonna test the mod that spawns all the random dungeons and see if it really works
I've used it, and it did as of the recent dlc release.

But this assumes that Styg hasn't done some bullshittery to fuck it over in the meantime. This also assumes it's up to date with anything Styg has added since then. The mod creator used the console to test it out and that has gone bye bye due to....well....you know already.

As for your comment about AP, even on normal such a build can go through all of your hp really quick if you stack drugs and TM (especially if you're spamming stuff like the eye beam on a psychosis build).

CHEMS

Scholar

I've used it, and it did as of the recent dlc release.

But this assumes that Styg hasn't done some bullshittery to fuck it over in the meantime. This also assumes it's up to date with anything Styg has added since then. The mod creator used the console to test it out and that has gone bye bye due to....well....you know already.

As for your comment about AP, even on normal such a build can go through all of your hp really quick if you stack drugs and TM (especially if you're spamming stuff like the eye beam on a psychosis build).
Yep, can confirm it works. Started the new game, got camera trouble and dead guy at medical. Let's just hope Styg doesn't break this by getting too assblasted because someone is modding his game

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Yep, can confirm it works. Started the new game, got camera trouble and dead guy at medical. Let's just hope Styg doesn't break this by getting too assblasted because someone is modding his game
does it mean that you get all endgame stuff like icy tower and ass blaster?

CHEMS

Scholar
does it mean that you get all endgame stuff like icy tower and ass blaster?
Yep

What this does
-6 of the 8 random starting dungeons will be randomly chosen to appear (There are only 6 possible spawn points)
Note: The 8 dungeons are the ones called Bunker1, Bunker2, Bunker3, Bunker4, Cave1, Cave2, Cave3, Cave4 on the wiki. Is Cave2 appears it can lead to a 7th random starting dungeon.
-Both the Camera Problems and the Mushroom Cove scavenger quests are guaranteed to appear
-Both of the Dominating dungeons will appear
Note 1: You will always get the skull smasher email, both will still show up
Note 2: I don't know how this part of the mod works on non-Dominating difficulties, the Ice Dungeon might appear, nothing might happen, or your game might break
-All three of the random waterways areas are guaranteed to appear: Hopper Dome, Jet Eater, and Matriuss Ludenlof
-Both Booth and Coral can spawn in the same game
Note: Booth is guaranteed to spawn, but coral is spawned by a random event and there is a chance she simply won't show up
-The three random sewer dungeons are all guaranteed to appear: the Furnace, the Channels, and the Pipes

https://www.nexusmods.com/underrailexpedition/mods/12?tab=description

Jacov

Educated
Finally got around to start a new playthrough with Heavy Duty. Making an LMG psiless can build. So far feels almost exactly like an SMG/AR burst build but with less range. After playing that Protectorate drednaught mission I can see that miniguns are basically the same but with windup mechanic.

Are grenade launchers any good? Do they feel unique to play with? I saw mentions of airbursting, sounds interesting.

I also noticed my character getting the Opportunist damage increase against any target even if they are not stunned/slowed/immobilized. I don't remember that before the DLC. A bug perhaps?

NotSweeper

Educated
I also noticed my character getting the Opportunist damage increase against any target even if they are not stunned/slowed/immobilized. I don't remember that before the DLC. A bug perhaps?
Opportunist triggers with Suppressive Fire.

CHEMS

Scholar
Are grenade launchers any good? Do they feel unique to play with? I saw mentions of airbursting, sounds interesting.
They're great, but half of their feats are ass. They're good even without feat investment, but take practiced parabola and tricky trajectory if you can. Shell shock seems useless to me, and demolition man is to niched in my opinion.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
demolition man is to niched in my opinion
take it back, its mainstream
demolitionman_stills_FA_2.png

CHEMS

Scholar
0m21gc.png

How does it feel like looting the respawning patrols from the DLC...

Don't know why people complain about them. I'm breaking the game's economy farming them and disassembing their weapons to full durability

Zeem

Learned
0m21gc.png

Don't know why people complain about them. I'm breaking the game's economy farming them and disassembing their weapons to full durability
By the time you can take on the patrols you should be already swimming in cash anyway.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
By the time you can take on the patrols you should be already swimming in cash anyway.
you can wait until most of the patrol is gone to ambush lone soldiers, so its something that one can tackle early

CHEMS

Scholar
0m21gc.png

On DOM? There's some builds that are expensive to mantain.

Also my objective in this run is to refurbish everything and buy everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom