Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
My dream mod would be an intercom at your home in Core City. For a heavy cost you can add stores to that terminal. Every shop added you can shop from from the terminal.

CHEMS

Scholar
1707076801063513.jpg

I just got this off the chans.
Horrible optics.
>Custom difficulties
>Custom quests
>A way to kill Al Fabet without aggroing Core City
>Impregnating Vivian Mod
Styg is denying us a world of possibilities

Dark Caverns completely ruins this game, and this review was more like an attempt at fellatio than an objective review.

I really enjoyed most of the game (the expeditions DLC was a bit of a slog), but Dark Caverns is an insult to any gaming enthusiast. Seriously, backtracking back and forth between some shit zones with waves of infinitely spawning enemies (mushroom shits, tchortists, robots, etc) without even clear instructions on what you are supposed to be doing (oh go open that fucking gate and fight tchort, why? FUCK YOU BITCH, it's just an excuse to look for 30 gizmos), fucking poison gas everywhere, wtf...

Even if the rest of the game is good, to add an ending like this is like watching a good movie and then at the end, to close the arc, the director takes off his pants and dances on the table shitting all over the food.

Fuck Styg, and he can buy and play his own dumbass games in the future, what a retard... I cannot imagine anyone short of being a complete sociopath designing this kind of an ending for a game.

Posted this in the original Codex review thread, adding here for posterity:

Dark Caverns completely ruins this game, and this review was more like an attempt at fellatio than an objective review.

I really enjoyed most of the game (the expeditions DLC was a bit of a slog), but Dark Caverns is an insult to any gaming enthusiast. Seriously, backtracking back and forth between some shit zones with waves of infinitely spawning enemies (mushroom shits, tchortists, robots, etc) without even clear instructions on what you are supposed to be doing (oh go open that fucking gate and fight tchort, why? FUCK YOU BITCH, it's just an excuse to look for 30 gizmos), fucking poison gas everywhere, wtf...

Even if the rest of the game is good, to add an ending like this is like watching a good movie and then at the end, to close the arc, the director takes off his pants and dances on the table shitting all over the food.

Fuck Styg, and he can buy and play his own dumbass games in the future, what a retard... I cannot imagine anyone short of being a complete sociopath designing this kind of an ending for a game.

Sunri

Liturgist
Guys, do you like how trading works in this game? it kinda kills my vibe when i need to run every five minutes and merchant barely can afford fraction of my stuff or they don't want it i started using cheat endgine to refresh them at this point

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Guys, do you like how trading works in this game? it kinda kills my vibe when i need to run every five minutes and merchant barely can afford fraction of my stuff or they don't want it i started using cheat endgine to refresh them at this point

The trading carousel is OK at first but later on there should be a gradual alternative. It’s ultra tedious in late game

CHEMS

Scholar

You didn't pay attention to the storyline. The whole game tells you what sort of things you are to be expecting at the deep caverns. The idea is that you're alone and must survive. The swarms of enemies are avoidable, of course DC is gonna be ass if you try to rush it. You took an elevator to an underground facility where tchortist were conducting some experiments with an eldritch god like abomination, what did you expect? You don't need to fight tchortist down there, you can avoid the monsters, you can sneak past robots... The only thing that can bite your ass on your first playthrough is the faceless, because the game doesn't hint that you can befriend them.

Just hoard your stuff somewhere and make merchant runs everytime the shops reset. Keep stuff that has a good price/weight ratio and recycle everything else for repair kits. Even on dominating it's easy to make money this way. Critters respawn, you can use their skin to make leather armor, then recycle said armor for repair kits to patch up expensive tac vests you loot.

Sunri

Liturgist
I'm already stacked with money and there is not much to buy in first base and junkyard, I need to figure out how to kill burrowers mutants and magic lunatic guys

CHEMS

Scholar
If you're still in junkyard those are a little too strong for you right now. What's your level and on what difficulty? You can probably kill one or two burrowers if you have an energy shield, but the lunatics you can't unless you cheese them with traps, gas and frag grenades

jackofshadows

Magister
It kinda sorta worked when the game was launched, balance wise. You had to carefully manage your loot and craft stuff with what you've got and you were fine since it was before DOMINATING and before the game world became bloated af so there's wasn't a) shittons of loot everywhere b) huge money sinks as house/skies. As a result, managing and selling loot inner game turned into needless tedious busywork. So now I think it's only reasonable to yeah, just use cheat engine in order to reset traders every time. Alternative as Grunker suggest would be fine too actually but honestly at this point I'd allow reset simply in-game just like with the speed slider.

Porky again complains about "lack of instructions". Jesus dude, try to actually read stuff in-game next time. Six says in plain English don't fight chortlings and gives some directions.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
on dominating prices are so crazy that even though I hit mercantile thresholds, i dont bother selling.
If i carry something to be sold its those light but expensive electronics pieces that I would sell in bulk while doing crafting.
Money is not an issue as I steal a lot too.

Sunri

Liturgist
If you're still in junkyard those are a little too strong for you right now. What's your level and on what difficulty? You can probably kill one or two burrowers if you have an energy shield, but the lunatics you can't unless you cheese them with traps, gas and frag grenades
I restarted on normal
e86cFlt.png

J5787K6.png
rspZaBB.png

Tz181W0.png

CHEMS

Scholar
I restarted on normal
e86cFlt.png

J5787K6.png
rspZaBB.png

Tz181W0.png
Yeah, don't engage the lunatics right now... Dunno on normal, but on hard and dominating they're pretty nasty.

If you want an advice though, i suggest switching to a lighter armor. You're investing in evasion and dodge, but you're using heavy armor with 62% armor penalty...

agris

Arcane
Patron
You didn't pay attention to the storyline. The whole game tells you what sort of things you are to be expecting at the deep caverns. The idea is that you're alone and must survive. The swarms of enemies are avoidable, of course DC is gonna be ass if you try to rush it. You took an elevator to an underground facility where tchortist were conducting some experiments with an eldritch god like abomination, what did you expect? You don't need to fight tchortist down there, you can avoid the monsters, you can sneak past robots... The only thing that can bite your ass on your first playthrough is the faceless, because the game doesn't hint that you can befriend them.
you don't understand, the game has an established pattern. dark caverns breaks the pattern, game bad!!!

Parabalus

Arcane

Don't worry, it used to be 10x worse, and people here still defended it.

You didn't pay attention to the storyline. The whole game tells you what sort of things you are to be expecting at the deep caverns. The idea is that you're alone and must survive.

This is the dumbest take I've ever seen in my life. The game tells you that you are alone and must survive? That is literally the entire point of every RPG ever made. So from this, you somehow deduce with your flea brains that I didn't pay attention, and this makes it ok to design a final area that has you searching for 30 gizmos without any instructions while being accosted by infinite waves of enemies?

Good God, man, go get a lobotomy right now!

The swarms of enemies are avoidable, of course DC is gonna be ass if you try to rush it. You took an elevator to an underground facility where tchortist were conducting some experiments with an eldritch god like abomination, what did you expect?

Again, every RPG/video game ever has you go for some insanely epic goal at the end. How does that excuse shit design in any way?

You don't need to fight tchortist down there, you can avoid the monsters, you can sneak past robots...

No, you can't. Do you know why? Because I haven't invested any points into stealth in this run. And you know what? It worked just fine for 95% of the game, until Shit Caverns.

In addition to that, there is at least one item you must get in Shit Caverns (according to the guide), that is in a trap room with poison, and the only way to get out of it is via hacking. Which I also haven't leveled up this run at all. And that was also fine for 95% of the game, up until shit caverns.

Do you know what this bait and switch is called in monocled circles (letting you get through the game with a certain build and then making it fail in the last part)? Shit design, my flea brained friend.

The only thing that can bite your ass on your first playthrough is the faceless, because the game doesn't hint that you can befriend them.

Yes, THAT is why every single underrail comment online says Deep Caverns is shit.

Porky again complains about "lack of instructions". Jesus dude, try to actually read stuff in-game next time. Six says in plain English don't fight chortlings and gives some directions.

Did I say somewhere that fighting them is the issue? Your reading comprehension skills are really something else. I said it's the height of shit design to have to bumble through some area looking for some unholy number of gizmos while facing infinite waves of spawning enemies.

And if you think Six telling you to open a gate and fight Tchort is somehow translatable to finding a bunch of random shit (mykocardia, bone knife, transmodular cockstainulator, etc) in like 8-9 zones while facing infinitely spawning shit, then you must the retarded target audience for this kind of shit.

CHEMS

Scholar

You didn't pay attention to the storyline. The whole game tells you what sort of things you are to be expecting at the deep caverns. The idea is that you're alone and must survive.

This is the dumbest take I've ever seen in my life. The game tells you that you are alone and must survive? That is literally the entire point of every RPG ever made. So from this, you somehow deduce with your flea brains that I didn't pay attention, and this makes it ok to design a final area that has you searching for 30 gizmos without any instructions while being accosted by infinite waves of enemies?

Good God, man, go get a lobotomy right now!

The swarms of enemies are avoidable, of course DC is gonna be ass if you try to rush it. You took an elevator to an underground facility where tchortist were conducting some experiments with an eldritch god like abomination, what did you expect?

Again, every RPG/video game ever has you go for some insanely epic goal at the end. How does that excuse shit design in any way?

You don't need to fight tchortist down there, you can avoid the monsters, you can sneak past robots...

No, you can't. Do you know why? Because I haven't invested any points into stealth in this run. And you know what? It worked just fine for 95% of the game, until Shit Caverns.

In addition to that, there is at least one item you must get in Shit Caverns (according to the guide), that is in a trap room with poison, and the only way to get out of it is via hacking. Which I also haven't leveled up this run at all. And that was also fine for 95% of the game, up until shit caverns.

Do you know what this bait and switch is called in monocled circles (letting you get through the game with a certain build and then making it fail in the last part)? Shit design, my flea brained friend.

The only thing that can bite your ass on your first playthrough is the faceless, because the game doesn't hint that you can befriend them.

Yes, THAT is why every single underrail comment online says Deep Caverns is shit.

Did I say somewhere that fighting them is the issue? Your reading comprehension skills are really something else. I said it's the height of shit design to have to bumble through some area looking for some unholy number of gizmos while facing infinite waves of spawning enemies.

And if you think Six telling you to open a gate and fight Tchort is somehow translatable to finding a bunch of random shit (mykocardia, bone knife, transmodular cockstainulator, etc) in like 8-9 zones while facing infinitely spawning shit, then you must the retarded target audience for this kind of shit.
Oh no, this post apocalyptic RPG had me to SCAVENGE stuff on a secluded endgame area! Oh no, it has respawning enemies, if only i had a way to actually avoid a debuff that makes them spawn this would be so easy!

You're the fleabrain, you just got filtered by Deep Caverns and your build fucking sucks.

GIT. GUD.

Also try paying attention to the dialogue next time nigger

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom