Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

CHEMS

Scholar
e7hk35.jpg

I still don't know what's going on with the compound lore-wise, but i thank these brave men for providing me the loot and funds for my Devastator jet ski. They will not be forgotten.

Mauman

Learned
The moment when you realize
that you helped the eldritch abominations by wiping out the forces that fight them for loot

:troll:

jaekl

Educated
Patron
This game is actually very good, in fact it may be the last award-worthy game that was ever made. With that said, if I ever see the guy who made this, I will smash all his fingers with a hammer until they're just limp, fleshy noodles for the amount of aggravation he put me through.

CHEMS

Scholar
I would change how the inventory things work tho I meet a merchant with a pig that carried his stuff, maybe we should get a traveling piggy to

66ntvjj.png
al fabet ovah here
Game encourages exploration and looking for things with oddity XP system so that's what I'm doing, leaving things on the floor feels just weird.
you have a comfy room at SGS though

later in the game you'll get to have a very nice house

Serus

Arcane
Patron
This game is actually very good, in fact it may be the last award-worthy game that was ever made. With that said, if I ever see the guy who made this, I will smash all his fingers with a hammer until they're just limp, fleshy noodles for the amount of aggravation he put me through.
About the same can be said about Pierre Begue and KotC 2 - in combatfag subgenre. Except in this case some would choose to steal all his tasty roots and leave him starving.

Jacov

Educated
I always store my shit in my SGS room locker. After I get the house I just put everything into that box they've moved my items from SGS in like a squalor-core goblin I am.

CHEMS

Scholar
I always store my shit in my SGS room locker. After I get the house I just put everything into that box they've moved my items from SGS in like a squalor-core goblin I am.
That was a great QOL addition, in older versions you had to drag all that shit yourself

Mauman

Learned
That was a great QOL addition, in older versions you had to drag all that shit yourself
I really, REALLY wish there was some sort of permanent container right next to the crate (could be a garbage can for all I care) in the event I decide to move things down to the basement and I accidentally hit "take all".

Which seems to be every time I do that. :negative:

Jacov

Educated
I butchered the entirety of Core City before doing Heavy Duty. So me and Gunslinger are standing at an empty bar with the bartender ghost serving us drinks. Quite a vibe.

wKW6wGt.png

CHEMS

Scholar
I butchered the entirety of Core City before doing Heavy Duty. So me and Gunslinger are standing at an empty bar with the bartender ghost serving us drinks. Quite a vibe.

wKW6wGt.png
...why though...

CHEMS

Scholar

wKW6wGt.png
...why though...
I decided to do a genocide run to see how the game will react.

Here is one of the results...
Did you do Phreaks questline so you could get access to the underground facility? If not, i think there's a risk of softblocking the game

Jacov

Educated

wKW6wGt.png
...why though...

Did you do Phreaks questline so you could get access to the underground facility? If not, i think there's a risk of softblocking the game
I already did all possible quests and Expedition prior to that. Only thing left is Deep Caverns.

CHEMS

Scholar

wKW6wGt.png
...why though...

I already did all possible quests and Expedition prior to that. Only thing left is Deep Caverns.
Did you massacre SGS? I always wondered how the end game would play out with them dead or hostile

CHEMS

Scholar
I enjoyed doing genocide runs in Arcanum

There was that glitch with reflection shield that allowed you to have infinite mind controled NPCs, i had an entire army of slaves inside Bates Mansion lol

Jacov

Educated
Thoughts after finishing Heavy Duty.

New guns are cool, I guess? LMGs are fun. Miniguns seem mostly the same but their feats look kind of underwhelming. Yet to try grenade launchers. Next playthrough will make something like a Versatile pistols + GLs build.
Fusion Cannon is absolutely OP and I love it.
The Compound is meh. Just a dungeon with infinetely respawning enemies. It was not fun. But at least it was over before I got completely bored of it. The tin can LMG build I made is stupidly strong, so I didn't have much trouble taking one group of exosoldiers at a time on DOM.

Wish it had more story focus on Buck Nimble and Gunslinger and more though out setpieces instead of just key hunting and combat encounters with the same enemies over and over again. I realize it would probably be too much to ask, but then again they are charging money for it.

I bought it day one because I'm a big fan of the game and wanted to support Styg an Co. But if I were just an average gamer, I wouldn't buy it tbh.

wKW6wGt.png
...why though...

Did you massacre SGS? I always wondered how the end game would play out with them dead or hostile
Not yet. But I'm planning to turn all of the Underrail into a ghost town before descending into DC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom