Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For me still the most complete and polished RPG since it's release.

The only thing that reaches 1990's levels quality wise

KotC I-II, Grimoire, Kenshi and Brigand are up there too
OF

DECADENCE

Which I also replayed very recently and is still top tier.

AoD & Underrail definitely heralded the end of the decline and set new standards. Although there were earlier titles like the Geneforges that are extremely good and came out during decline.

damager

Arbiter
Yes AoD was great. But with the art of that game I feel it's not as complete and on par with underrail which is a solid 9/10 in all departments for me.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Coretech's strongest soldier just dominated depot A. Numerous LVL 3 grenades & magnesium cocktails were deployed alongside shots from the thumper and my ~high technicalities~ laser pistol (int: 12). I even remembered to toss some caltrops in one battle.

I'm only lvl9 right now, but when I reach 12 I'm thinking I'll boost my Dex to 8 and get three pointer. Grenades have been critical for me so far.
not max dex + high technical? It was strongest build that I did

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Coretech's strongest soldier just dominated depot A. Numerous LVL 3 grenades & magnesium cocktails were deployed alongside shots from the thumper and my ~high technicalities~ laser pistol (int: 12). I even remembered to toss some caltrops in one battle.

I'm only lvl9 right now, but when I reach 12 I'm thinking I'll boost my Dex to 8 and get three pointer. Grenades have been critical for me so far.
not max dex + high technical? It was strongest build that I did
I did see people talking about that, but actually I'm not too interested in low-ap laser pistols. Ultimately, I want an extremely damaging plasma pistol and an invincible forcefield. Dominating can give some enemies 400% health, which is fine because they'll still melt when I hit them with four figures of damage and then sprint away.

I did just realise that three pointer only requires 7 Dex, so I think all my points will just go into int. Although, for just 1 more agi I can get the hit and run feat...

edit: fuck three pointer, very low chance of crit, I'm going with point shot. I'd prefer an extra shot, and the accuracy isn't too bad up close.

Last edited:
I finished chunky minigun game in Dom 6 month ago. It‘s not as hard as it looks to pass depot A without sneaking. The only merchant who sells miniguns before you reaching level 20 is Marty Quick.
Miniguns are totally shit compared to LMG. Wanna try another 3 agi build in next run.

Sweeper

Arcane
9qi6rWT.jpeg

Love you Styg, no homo.

Sweeper

Arcane
EQv9sGz.jpeg

Which one of you fuckers wrote this? Come on, fess up.
You're fucking bringing in Goddamn redditors to the forum. What the fuck are you doing?

Sweeper

Arcane
I've clocked 1.000 hours in this motherfucker... and I'm doing another playthrough. Fucking hate myself.
Now let's see, the minimum wage in Serbia is 271 dinars per hour, which comes out to 2.5 euros (rounded up), times 1000 hours...
YOU OWE ME 2.500 EUROS STYG!
:keepmyjewgold:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
I've clocked 1.000 hours in this motherfucker... and I'm doing another playthrough. Fucking hate myself.
Now let's see, the minimum wage in Serbia is 271 dinars per hour, which comes out to 2.5 euros (rounded up), times 1000 hours...
YOU OWE ME 2.500 EUROS STYG!
:keepmyjewgold:
Me too. Just crafted a 100+ quality plasma pistol with amplifier and smart module. Even on dominating it has been a one shot kill for everything I've pointed it at (aimed shot, of course). Oculus store with merchant skill is very nice.

damager

Arbiter
Alright. Let the build madness begin again. My mind is ready as it can be for total autismic torment and bliss.

damager

Arbiter
The chars I used in the past was lightarmor melee jack of all trades knifer with granades, traps, sneaking, hacking, picking and weapon and shield crafting. I also dipped my toes a little into a pure mage kind of build.

I never played somebody using guns. Any recommandation in what directions I could go here stat and feat wise? This is my first draft for the skills. I would like to use at least granade launchers, maybe MG's as well not sure.

iHJLmNZ.png

And Chemistry & Biology 14

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I never played somebody using guns. Any recommandation in what directions I could go here stat and feat wise? This is my first draft for the skills. I would like to use at least granade launchers, maybe MG's as well not sure.
why use machine guns when you can pew pew very fast instead?

damager

Arbiter
Everybody that uses views and problematic in the same sentence deserves to be flamethrowed into a burning massgrave.

damager

Arbiter
Okay after theorycrafting and reading a lot I decided for a tanky heavy gunning meatshield. I go with Strength, Constitution, Perception and Intelligence. The rest I dumbstat.

I take all the meatshield and heavy gunning feats. Electronic feats to disensemble and rebuild the big unique plasma gun. Most of the crafting skills to build sick armors and machineguns. Hacking for exploration. Temperal Manipulation and Psychokinesis will give me some utility and CC, to make use of my high int. And I will also accompany my machine gun and plasma canon with Granade Throwing.

I think this will be a nice contrast to my squishy knife playthrough and also makes good use of the new weapontypes. Also I can incooperate some of stuff I learned from my tries with PSI.

What do you think? Any thoughts and recommandations?

This is how I want to start out: https://underrail.info/build/?AQgDAwkHAwcPAA8AAAAAAA8AAAAPDwAPAAAPAA8AAABQCN-8

Are there Heavy Weapons Guns available when I start out? In that case I might reduce some of the crafting skills and get Heavy Guns. I want to start with normal guns for high technicalities and to have some weapon skill for the beginning of the game.
And what about avaibility of armors? Is it worth to start out with Juggernaut or should I wait with that feat?

Last edited:
Okay after theorycrafting and reading a lot I decided for a tanky heavy gunning meatshield. I go with Strength, Constitution, Perception and Intelligence. The rest I dumbstat.

I take all the meatshield and heavy gunning feats. Electronic feats to disensemble and rebuild the big unique plasma gun. Most of the crafting skills to build sick armors and machineguns. Hacking for exploration. Temperal Manipulation and Psychokinesis will give me some utility and CC, to make use of my high int. And I will also accompany my machine gun and plasma canon with Granade Throwing.

I think this will be a nice contrast to my squishy knife playthrough and also makes good use of the new weapontypes. Also I can incooperate some of stuff I learned from my tries with PSI.

This is how I want to start out: https://underrail.info/build/?AQgDAwkHAwcPAA8AAAAAAA8AAAAPDwAPAAAPAA8AAABQCN-8

Are there Heavy Weapons Guns available when I start out? In that case I might reduce some of the crafting skills and get Heavy Guns. I want to start with normal guns for high technicalities and to have some weapon skill for the beginning of the game.
And what about avaibility of armors? Is it worth to start out with Juggernaut or should I wait with that feat?
IIRC the earliest free and static LMG is at the entrance of Depot A. Brno LMG is another option but it‘s very hard for a early character to deal with pig cave without sneaking.
Just put on the heaviest tungsten armor and spring boot after Depot A. Then learn heavy metal and get a ton of damage bouns from armor penalty. Don't bother Juggernaut, it's useless.

damager

Arbiter

IIRC the earliest free and static LMG is at the entrance of Depot A. Brno LMG is another option but it‘s very hard for a early character to deal with pig cave without sneaking.
Just put on the heaviest tungsten armor and spring boot after Depot A. Then learn heavy metal and get a ton of damage bouns from armor penalty. Don't bother Juggernaut, it's useless.

I also read now I might need sneaking anyway to get unique plasma cannon. Do I need to invest in it? Could fetch me the brno LMG as well than!

I also read now I might need sneaking anyway to get unique plasma cannon. Do I need to invest in it? Could fetch me the brno LMG as well than!
Not necessary at all. There is an ambush on the fusion cannon floor, just kill them and take your BFG.

Zeem

Learned

You don't need stealth to get the Fusion Cannon, but it makes things significantly easier. Compound is probably the single hardest location in the game if you're going into it head first as exosoldiers are very tough, deadly and numerous. On the other hand sneaking through is significantly easier since they have fairly low detection, so outside of designator bots and turning some blind corners you should be fine.

damager

Arbiter
This is a little contradicting information you guys presenting here. I took stealth now and started with tailoring instead of mechanics too, to make some tabi boots. Going weapons blasting into the "singe hardest location of the game" with level 10-12 sounded a little unrealistic.

I'm playing on hard btw. I thought for me second full playtrough that should be enough. Knifer was on hard too ad I found it challenging most of the time.

You don't need stealth to get the Fusion Cannon, but it makes things significantly easier. Compound is probably the single hardest location in the game if you're going into it head first as exosoldiers are very tough, deadly and numerous. On the other hand sneaking through is significantly easier since they have fairly low detection, so outside of designator bots and turning some blind corners you should be fine.
You can reload auto-save to reroll the spawning location of patrols.The static ambush in entrance hall can avoided by STR check in armory door. I only fought less than 5 battles to kill EXO commander without sneaking. After that I came back to grab EXO armor and fusion cannon easily.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom