Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Old Hans

Arcane
I'm not sure if I can play this game without lock picking.
im the same way. I've tried characters that dont have stealth skills, and I dont last long. I just love sneaking around, breaking into buildings and stealing everything

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Are there other games with stealth similar to UnderRail?
feel of thieving in general? dos1-2. Problem is that sneakery isnt that rewarding when invisibility is abundant and cheaper. Still I did enjoy it.

Otherwise it might be odd but... streets of rogue?

kangaxx

Arbiter
I'm finally playing this game through with a build that lets me mix it up with the enemy properly (crafted AR, crafted Kevlar/ceramic overcoat at the moment). Gotta say it's fucking brilliant fun. The dev is clearly on the spectrum and he brings out the autist in me.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Underrail >> Baldur's Gate 3
Underrail >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Not enough:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BG3

kangaxx

Arbiter
Lads which trader is going to be able to sell me a 135 quality Hornet frame? I looted that ridiculous unique AR from an Ironhead and Myles said he'll upgrade it for me. I never see frames like that though?

Lads which trader is going to be able to sell me a 135 quality Hornet frame? I looted that ridiculous unique AR from an Ironhead and Myles said he'll upgrade it for me. I never see frames like that though?
The Institute/Protectorate/Praetorian/JKK shops all can. More likely with high mercantile. Spooky spoiler guys too, assuming you know about them. If you don't then about forget I said that.
It's possible to get quality that high from the standard Core City shops or SGS, but you need to have progressed far enough in the main story. They upgrade their quality based on that. If you have the house then it's possible, if you don't then it's not.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Ok thanks, sounds like I need to progress the story a bit first. Haven't even gone to Core City yet.
anything q120+ that you get your hands on is GOOD. q140+ is for crafting items you will finish game with.

so yes, q135 is not something you are supposed to find early. Also thats why mercantile is shining, secret stocks help with getting high quality items

kangaxx

Arbiter
Yeah my build is basically as follows: Max out guns, throwing, mechanical, tailoring, hacking, lock picking, mercantile, persuasion, then fed 40 points in chemistry to craft molotovs.

This build is like chalk and cheese to the one I used on my first abortive playthrough. I was borderline playing the game wrong and it's surprising I got past Depot A.

Also this time I've played Oddity, deliberately delayed going to Core City as long as possible and explored as much as I can, including the Foundry and surrounding areas (hence running into Simon Peres). Very fun game.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Just did the gauntlet.

In a game that trades heavily in nightmare fuel, that has to be one of the most stressful and nightmarish sequences I've ever played in a game. Not because of difficulty (although I had to restart it because I ignored the keys first time round), but because it's absolutely fucking horrible.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I don't know what's worse between Gautlet and Utility tower.
Utility Tower is bad because the real time sequence at the end against the snow ghost is jank as hell and ice blocks break your weapons so bloody quickly.
Gauntlet is bad because it's RNG dependent and can be pretty long.

The Nameless One

Literate
I don't know what's worse between Gautlet and Utility tower.
Utility Tower is bad because the real time sequence at the end against the snow ghost is jank as hell and ice blocks break your weapons so bloody quickly.
Gauntlet is bad because it's RNG dependent and can be pretty long.
Gauntlet is usually easy if you have access to strong disables and reliable crits (such as sniping).

However, UT's boss is usually a nasty surprise alone, when one's playing on hard through the whole damn dungeon (which is in itself a bit steep) to find out in the end, by the wiki, that you cannot fight against it unless you're playing on the cheese-and-die anyway difficulty.

Underrail is a good game mitigated by its weak ass lategame design, something Styggy should work on the upcoming sequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom