Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

damager

Arbiter
I'm not sure if I can play this game without lock picking. I started a character and finished the first mission and leaving loot behind is nagging me already now that I'm back in STG :cry:

On the otherhand I'm streched on skillpoints like always and I also don't want to play the same build always.

You can reload auto-save to reroll the spawning location of patrols.The static ambush in entrance hall can avoided by STR check in armory door. I only fought less than 5 battles to kill EXO commander without sneaking. After that I came back to grab EXO armor and fusion cannon easily.

Honestly this sounds a bit too save scummy for my taste

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I'm not sure if I can play this game without lock picking. I started a character and finished the first mission and leaving loot behind is nagging me already now that I'm back in STG :cry:

On the otherhand I'm streched on skillpoints like always and I also don't want to play the same build always.
if you go without sneaking, lockpicking or pickpocket, why even play underrail?
you are not trying to squeeze in cave wizardry instead, are you?

damager

Arbiter
I surprisingly found an old assault rifle psi build with high int and agi from expedition that I made some years ago that feels more natural than that abomination I newly made anyway. And he’s already lvl 6 with a sick sniper and marauder and some neat fireball spell. so he’s done with the most boring parts of the game. And he has lockpicking. Tempted to relive that char.

Sadly he’s missing the new expansion.

ciox

Liturgist
I didn't have to up anything, I could go to Heavy Duty's unique area with an old character, and buy LMGs from merchants.
Probably some stuff in the original levels didn't get updated, but I couldn't tell you the exact details.

damager

Arbiter
Yeah I recognized. Seems to be all there. That's cool!

Last edited:
Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I just did a zero hacking and zero lockpicking playthrough. What a relief not fiddling with boxes to get shitty loot.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
for oddity run I would prefer to have both, for classic I would like to have hacking at least

did not finish my lmg run I got bored with it middle of expedition it was very strong build, knife struggle was more enjoyable. next I probably try pure mushroom wizard or crossbow

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
for oddity run I would prefer to have both, for classic I would like to have hacking at least

did not finish my lmg run I got bored with it middle of expedition it was very strong build, knife struggle was more enjoyable. next I probably try pure mushroom wizard or crossbow
I got level30 on oddity before facing Tchort without hacking, lockpicking, or Abandoned Waterways, or a lot of the combat-based Black Sea oddities (or DC oddities come to think of it).
I did have STR to breach vents, persuasion, and intimidate though.

ciox

Liturgist
Depends on build but I say yes, because you can get a lot of mileage with low skill point investment, even on Dex 3 characters.

ciox

Liturgist
I just did a zero hacking and zero lockpicking playthrough. What a relief not fiddling with boxes to get shitty loot.
Lockpicking yeah, but hacking makes you life easier in too many areas, can't imagine any run without it.
I've done maxed hacking build just now with HECU MARINE and was a little dissapointed. I had the impression that sauntering up to Arke Power Station with Hacking 130 would do something amazing, but it didn't do shit. You get a loredump at the end and some help with the gate quest which has many solutions now. Hacking was good early in the game as there were some great boxes to crack into for a low level character, like the one with the LMG in it right at the beginning, but going deep into hacking didn't blow me away, at least not on a decent character for combat.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Is pickpocketing actually worth it?
lots of oddity xp. Granted that many can be acquired anyway, but at much later date.

Then on dominating it saves you lots of money for batteries/ammo/medicine. Myself I hate hauling stuff to vendors(which is worth little on dom) so its big convenience for me.

Then there are funny things to do, like pickpocketing ethan medalion.

Not a huge investment to steal everything on max dex character and what are you going to put those points into anyway? cave wizardry?

Velut

Novice
Does Tesla armor boosts damage from fusion cannon or it's only for energy pistols? Anybody tried it?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
EQv9sGz.jpeg

Which one of you fuckers wrote this? Come on, fess up.
You're fucking bringing in Goddamn redditors to the forum. What the fuck are you doing?
Diversity is our strength.
:troll:
(No, it wasn't me. Reddit is cringe)

Sweeper

Arcane
No, it wasn't me
You know how you catch a murder? You walk into a room with your suspect, preferably with other people in it, and you announce that there's been a murder.
He's gonna be the first motherfucker to say "wasn't me".
Same thing with farting.
:updatedmytxt:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
No, it wasn't me
You know how you catch a murder? You walk into a room with your suspect, preferably with other people in it, and you announce that there's been a murder.
He's gonna be the first motherfucker to say "wasn't me".
Same thing with farting.
:updatedmytxt:
Nah, from my experience it doesn't work. Not with farting anyway. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom