Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

jackofshadows

Magister
Not that hard, just tedious, even with traders restock on (like selling the whole big waterways dungeon stuff). With mercantile at least but you need that skill usually anyway.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Other question about high diff. Is the .44 magnum revolver viable as an backup weapon for a psy main? In normal, that revolver saved me a lot when I was out of my ""mana""

Other question about high diff. Is the .44 magnum revolver viable as an backup weapon for a psy main? In normal, that revolver saved me a lot when I was out of my ""mana""
Psi main shouldn't need backup weapons. Pump will as much as you can, use mufflers, get 7 con for fast metabolism and hemopsychosis if you're psychosis. In this way you kill everything before you run out of psi. Much more efficient than using guns.
Just purchased this game. Have yet to play it. Any guides I should look out for? Builds/strats/...etc?
Focus on just one weapon type, trying to be good with every type of gun or guns+melee or whatever usually makes your character suck. Except sniper rifles, if you're using sniper rifles you do want another gun for killing weak enemies/enemies that are in your face.
Grenades are really strong, get some throwing so you can use grenades. You don't need that much, just enough to be acceptably accurate.
Stealth is good in this game, having some stealth and keeping a spare set of sneaking equipment for when you need it is a good idea. Porky didn't take stealth and that's why he's mad.
Taking the psi pill permanently lowers your max hp by 20%, so if you're not interested in psi tell the doctor to fuck off.
Assault rifles need 6 strength (though there's a good feat for them that requires 7), sniper rifles/shotguns need 5 strength, metal armour needs 8/9 strength. The game doesn't tell you that at character creation so if you want to use one of those make sure you have enough. And bunch of melee weapons need strength too but if you're using them you should be pumping it for more damage, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Don't follow a build guide, build guides suck. Make your own character. People who don't come up with their own character are boring.

Jacov

Educated
Just purchased this game. Have yet to play it. Any guides I should look out for? Builds/strats/...etc?
No, don't spoil yourself with guides.

But start on Easy. Browse through skills and feats on character creation screen and get the image of what kind of character you want to play. Click on «Show all feats» on feat screen and look at all of them. Different feats require different ability scores to get them and it's a good thing to remember how much of a certain base ability (str, agl, int, etc.) you might want in the future.

And don't worry. You get 1 base ability point to spend every 4 levels.

Socrates

Bonfire Kindler
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Psi main shouldn't need backup weapons. Pump will as much as you can, use mufflers, get 7 con for fast metabolism and hemopsychosis if you're psychosis. In this way you kill everything before you run out of psi. Much more efficient than using guns.
Focus on just one weapon type, trying to be good with every type of gun or guns+melee or whatever usually makes your character suck. Except sniper rifles, if you're using sniper rifles you do want another gun for killing weak enemies/enemies that are in your face.
Grenades are really strong, get some throwing so you can use grenades. You don't need that much, just enough to be acceptably accurate.
Stealth is good in this game, having some stealth and keeping a spare set of sneaking equipment for when you need it is a good idea. Porky didn't take stealth and that's why he's mad.
Taking the psi pill permanently lowers your max hp by 20%, so if you're not interested in psi tell the doctor to fuck off.
Assault rifles need 6 strength (though there's a good feat for them that requires 7), sniper rifles/shotguns need 5 strength, metal armour needs 8/9 strength. The game doesn't tell you that at character creation so if you want to use one of those make sure you have enough. And bunch of melee weapons need strength too but if you're using them you should be pumping it for more damage, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Don't follow a build guide, build guides suck. Make your own character. People who don't come up with their own character are boring.
How good is Psi+Stealth in your opinion?
No, don't spoil yourself with guides.
Good to know. Usually I come into an RPG with an idea of what I want to design but depending on the RPG some builds are catastrophically bad in a way you can't anticipate.

How good is Psi+Stealth in your opinion?
Very good. The only important thing is that you shouldn't forget psychokinesis. At the start of the game it seems pretty bad compared to metathermics/thought control, but then later on robots show up and you need psychokinesis to kill them efficiently. Lots of people have gotten fucked when plasma sentries start running around with mental immunity and 75% heat/90% cold resistance. With psychokinesis you electrocute them no problem and everything is fine.
Another thing I forgot to mention earlier is the game expects you to dump stats you don't need. If you're psi then strength/perception do nothing for you so put them as low as they go. There's not much practical difference between a terrible and a merely bad stat, so save the points and put them in the ones you do care about. Lots of will, lots of int, enough dex/agi/con for the feats you want.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yes, I recommend having psycokinesis as an secondary psi discipline regardless of focusing in metathermics or in tough control.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
1709562922363.png

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Interloper feat will now properly retain your movement points even when combat is initialized from real-time mode
been so long i thought that was somehow intended

TiChrome crowbar does 10-18 damage, 16 AP/attack, 12% crit chance, 100% crit damage. So that's a significant upgrade over a steel crowbar. If you like crowbars.
I looked around and found a bunch of people selling them across various saves, but I couldn't find the others. Not sure if that means the other types the patch notes mention are unique or only available in certain places or if I just have bad luck or what.

ciox

Liturgist
No minigun buffs. C'mon bro, you could already put CACS on crowbars if you really wanted to run a crowbar build. Shieeeeeet...

Mauman

Learned
Crowbar builds....new crowbars....crowbar feats....

I'll be honest, I had to check to see if it was already April 1st.

edit - also, hey, more reason to use cheat engine merchant refresh....thanks, cool Styg.

It's like Styg went "My economic system is already a dumpster fire, what it needs is more gasoline". :roll:

Litmanen

Educated
Crowbar builds....new crowbars....crowbar feats....

I'll be honest, I had to check to see if it was already April 1st.

edit - also, hey, more reason to use cheat engine merchant refresh....thanks, cool Styg.

It's like Styg went "My economic system is already a dumpster fire, what it needs is more gasoline". :roll:
We all know he is a genius.

Sociopath, too.

Tygrende

Arbiter
with crowbars out, any chance that we might be getting shiv upgrade?
Shivs are already knives and benefit from a multitude of their feats, they were proven to be much better than crowbars before I proved crowbars are viable.

This update seems to be an acknowledgement of my legacy. Or an attempt to make me play crowbar again, which I now feel obligated to do.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
This update seems to be an acknowledgement of my legacy. Or an attempt to make me play crowbar again, which I now feel obligated to do.
nah, now you need to pick something worse

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom