Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Eli_Havelock

Learned
I love how that article ends all optimistic. So who wants to shit in their sundae?

Hah, trick question. Just wait until they found out that OSE already dropped that turd long before this puff piece hit print.

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
Dr. Cherry Valentine, LOL, is that your Steam user name Efe? Just kidding :)

This is a wind up for sure, has to be.

Who the hell would play that amount of hours on this train wreck of a game? There are some serious shill's out there who would go to great lengths to pretend the game is good, seen it first hand on their forums, is it possible someone fired up UA and left the PC going for that long in a non action area, possibly made saves and then did it again to build up hours? My theory may seem ridiculous, but how in the name of hell can you find 1,550.4 hours worth of gameplay in a game this shallow.

I smell a rat.

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
People leave their computers to idle in Steam games to meme on the review pages with their bloated playtime. Others do it for that reason and to trickle trading cards into their accounts because they're playing Steam's economy metagame rather than the actual games they buy. And guess what: Underworld Ascendant has Steam trading cards. It's a side effect of Steam's social media bullshit that you have people with thousands of hours of "playtime".

Anyways, this game is a DISGRACE. Warren Spector had something to do with this, right? He really shot the Dookie Howitzer at this one and hit the target dead center.

Wait for Monomyth.

Katana1000S

What else does Dr. Cherry Valentine play on Steam I wonder? cant be much if he/she has sacrificed that many hours genuinely playing the worst game of all time?

Kaisergeddon has hit the nail on the head though, its a company fan boy or rep, or a trading card troll with game on idle for that many amount of hours ... surprised it never crashed actually, but if you start it and do nothing, perhaps it wont?

Some desperate shills out there for sure.

Katana1000S

I mean, if they had stopped at 1.5 hours, it might be more credible, 150 hours would be borderline lunacy and need to be sectioned, but 1500 hours is just taking the piss and pulling chains and making a mockery of Steams review system for hours of genuine play to be considered anything of merit.

Our Dr Cherry Valentine should be reported for scamming stats.

1500 hours would equal 8.928571 weeks of non stop solid game play, well over 2 month solid of your life playing this hunk of crap, no damn way, uh uh.

Your average busy Career pilot does not log that many hours in a lifetime career of Flying.

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
It's absolute decline, but a lot of developers on Steam already make """"games"""" with the sole intention of making their income from cards, profile badges, and achievement hunting, and I'm certain they launched this game with trading cards precisely because they knew a lot sales are contingent on that rather than the quality of the game. And when you're scraping the bottom of the barrel with a Unity asset flip like UW:A, you have to take your sales wherever you can get them.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
The funny thing is, I don't believe there are any more paid shills out there. I am 100% convinced Otherside solicited paid or otherwise manipulated reviews after launch and after their big update in February. Thinking of our friend Joe who still hasn't played one more minute one year later:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198836210988/recommended/692840/

But why would they (or 505) still use fake reviews now? OS abandoned the game, 4-5 people are still playing it according to SteamSpy, it doesn't even have a score anymore for "recent reviews". It's dead. Why would Dr. Valentine still shill for it?

Efe

Erudite
Otherside is copying hello games right now.
they will make a comeback and win your hearts again like no mans sky did.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Otherside is copying hello games right now.
they will make a comeback and win your hearts again like no mans sky did.

Hello Games closed the studio making No Man's Sky, then all ran over to their second studio to blow smoke about a completely different game with the claim that publishers are very interested in it?

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Regarding cards, I don't understand why leaving the game running would get the player more cards, since all the available cards for a game drop in a few hours.

Regarding how it did happen, I remember once with TR4, the game crashed/didn't start correctly, but there was still a small exe running, so Steam was still counting the hours and continued to do so while I locked my PC/put it to sleep (up to ~40 hours). I only spotted it because I saw it was still running in my library. So it could have happened by mistake/not intentionally. Not likely but possible.

Katana1000S

Accidental time happens, exe stuck, perhaps and maybe ... I accept, but this person is actually claiming 1500 + hours of UA STEAM gameplay, its outright fraud and needs to be reported for the sheer ludicrous and nonsensity of it.

Its a big difference

Eli_Havelock

Learned
According to Steam, "Dr. Cherry Valentine" has played UA for 1,550.4 hours: https://steamcommunity.com/id/dr-cherry-valentine/recommended/692840/

Accidental time happens, exe stuck, perhaps and maybe ... I accept, but this person is actually claiming 1500 + hours of UA STEAM gameplay, its outright fraud and needs to be reported for the sheer ludicrous and nonsensity of it.

Its a big difference

Not the fraud you're thinking of, but fraud by failing to disclose association.

Almost forgot about this; that review is from Amanda, one of our QA who was laid off last June.

She recently posted on Facebook showing that made this review, in reference to whenever you see someone with an ungodly amount of hours posting a minimal review on Steam.

Efe

Erudite
is he talking about this review or the one archived one in thread?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom