Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Nyast

Cipher
Any day now the physical rewards that I paid for will arrive. I can feeling in my bones.
Your optimism is admirable, that's all I can say to this.

Now do you want the physical rewards knowing the build quality of the game? You will end up with arts and crafts products of a just graduated high school class that Paul Neurath contracted after he met them on their school field trip to the bottle shop, where he coincidentally was contracted to enter the bottle shop for them in exchange for their labor on the physical rewars of Ascendant.

I mean, if you want to stay optimistic, you could think that some day.. maybe.. eventually, if you wait long, long, long enough... this thing would become a game of the legends, like E.T. on Atari 2600. It could be worth a lot of money in the fut... bwah ah ah ah sorry I can't anymore.

I mean, if you want to stay optimistic, you could think that some day.. maybe.. eventually, if you wait long, long, long enough... this thing would become a game of the legends, like E.T. on Atari 2600. It could be worth a lot of money in the fut... bwah ah ah ah sorry I can't anymore.

Now that you said that, it made me realise we should all hope they never deliver on those physical rewards for real. Imagine the amount of waste that will create.

Glic2000

Educated
They keep delaying the physical rewards. I think they're hoping people will just sort of forget about them and then they won't have to ship them.

Though, I'm still curious about the plastic figures as I'm a miniatures enthusiast and they never actually showed what they would look like. They also said these would be hand painted and some of them got broken and had to be re-done, so I'm guessing this turned out to be another small money pit, in addition to the mess that was the actual game.

Efe

Erudite
actually asked someone here to sell me their key for a game they consider "crap"
they priced it higher than steam so got it there for about 3$

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hah: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/othersidegames/underworld-ascendant/posts/2887872

Physical Rewards Update

Hey UA Backers!

Thank you for being patient in the fruition of this project! It's been a crazy year so far, but we are glad to say that we are taking our final steps in UA fulfillment.

The last of the UA figurines have been hand painted, and are getting sent off to FanGamer for fulfillment. FanGamer is currently in the process of manufacturing physical rewards, they'll then be packaged and sent off to your doorsteps. We are currently expecting an ETA of mid-September. FanGamer will be contacting backers to make any last minute changes to their shipping addresses. Please be on the look out for this email, and we encourage you to verify with them that they have the correct shipping address even if you contacted OSE to have it updated at the end of 2019.

95b724933dcf7c7c30580dbce3cc130b_original.JPG

Hand painted Caribus, Aelita and Skeleton figurines for UA

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to send us an email at support@otherside-e.com.

Thanks again for your support in this campaign,

Otherside Entertainment

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
They’re masterworks all you can’t go wrong...surely collector pieces which will be worth more as standings for D&D or Warhammer

Glic2000

Educated
LOL So that confirms they did indeed give the painting job to the lowest bidder. Why on earth didn't they even make Sir Cabirus the right colour?! He's not supposed to be bright green.

Glic2000

Educated
Very curious if they just 3D printed these or went through the hassle and expense(!) of actually tooling a mold for them. That would've been a huge waste of money, but considering who we're dealing with I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Although they did say some got broken, so I guess they went with resin, which is quite brittle.

Smerlus

Educated
I was pretty surprised by the latest update. Never thought they would fulfill the end of the project either.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Why do so many people on KS game projects make all these extras? Now, i bought coins from a a group but he is a jewelry maker and has this shit down pat. They're pretty nice. Aren't there some other ks games that went dead spouting maps, dice, wooden xyz 123 w/e? Glad to see this group is honoring their commitment.

Ash

Arcane
It has been rather saddening seeing the once awesome (ofc not perfect) game industry go the same way as everything else: ruined by shitty people. Such is life.

After endless burns, this was the final nail for me regarding my enthusiasm for the future of this shit industry.

Sonus

Educated
I imagine some recipient of their long-overdue fig for a sad game will record an unboxing ending in destroying the effigy in one final whimper.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Don't worry guys I'm confident System Shock 3 will be great.

china-162389_1280-1024x682.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom