Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Broken save system... seems to be a trend of sorts.
Oh well, I'll be happily waiting until they release their linux version, hopefully in 1-2 months with patches in.

If I ever develop a game, I'll be sure to have the first few versions fuck up the saves somehow.
Like randomly changing gender or other values.

Thinking about it, that could be a funny little way of limiting save scumming (if so desired). When you save too often within a certain time, you risk the gods alternating some values if you load a save. :lol:

Nyast

Cipher
Well, the guys on Steam are totally baffled, as in: incredulous, when we're trying to explain that the save system is working as intended and not a bug.

They actually don't believe me, and are now asking proof with a quote from the developer.

The lols keep coming in.

Big Wrangle

Being at the #1 seller list on Steam at the moment of launch is nothing to be proud of. I guess they were desperate to make a buzz and make the game seem like bank.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
The launch day peak is official: https://steamdb.info/app/692840/graphs/

For comparison:

Code:
18189 - Deadfire
 3618 - Grimrock 2
 2058 - Bard's Tale 4
 1138 - Expeditions: Viking
  670 - Battle Brothers
  622 - Underworld Ascendant <-----
  544 - Underrail
  522 - Bard's Tale Trilogy
  403 - Age of Decadence

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Jesus Christ. This is BT4 all over again.

Edit: Already uninstalled the POS.

Last edited:

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
If it cost less than 3 mil to make, it might still end up being more profitable than BT4.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Wait, how does the save system even work? Restart at checkpoint only, or do you have items which function as one-time use savepoints?

Big Wrangle

If it cost less than 3 mil to make, it might still end up being more profitable than BT4.
Still, for a so called Underworld successor by former Looking Glass devs (Ultima and Thief sold well), this is pathetic.

By any chance, does that take into an account the redeeming of keys as a sale ?
Nope. Steam top seller lists by revenue and only direct Steam store sales. It's top seller (Currently) for the US, but if you go to the global top seller list it's being beaten by Total Warhams 2 and Farming Simulator 2019.
SyUDKyq.jpg

Hines

Savant
I can't believe some of these guys made System Shock, Thief, and Ultima Underworld. Even if 505 interfered in development or the developers were too ambitious early in the project and hyped up features that were beyond their means, they should have produced something at least decent. This is trash and does a huge disservice to the legacy of Underworld.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Still, for a so called Underworld successor by former Looking Glass devs (Ultima and Thief sold well), this is pathetic.

Well Looking Glass games never achieved financial success anyway. So Otherside might really a worthy successor to LGS. :troll:
This is a myth. Ultima Underworld was a success, and same goes for Thief 1 and 2. The first Flight Unlimited was also a major money maker.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Strangely it was the most action-packed (and most "contemporary" in retrospect) LGS games that flopped - Terra Nova and the two System Shocks.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is one of the funniest bad games I've seen in ages

The fucking lizards talk like muppets when they even deign to move their mouths at all

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I decided to solve a pressure plate puzzle by summoning a big flaming orb thing with magic and throwing it over there, but it stopped in the air above the plate so i had to throw a corpse instead

I would share a video but it somehow broke ReLive too

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm more abhorred by the fact that anyone would think it's a good idea to slap on a rating system in a game which is simultaneously adhering to the "play however you want" meme.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Still getting BSoDs shortly after picking up the runebag :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom