Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Prototype Thread

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
KS is a mix of gambling and old-style Wheel fo Fortune gift picking for pledgers (I'll take the cloth map for $50 Alex), and deferred labour debt for unwary developers. I have heard people say "Yes but these guys are old pros and can manage scope" Forget that horseshit. In the face of bags of money anyone who *needs* to go on KS will keep presenting goals in order to maximize funding. Old pros are not immune to it.

Darkzone

Arcane
But we got to distinguish between physical goods as rewards and stretch goals as rewards. While digital goods can be thoroughly evaluated for costs (and therefore contribute resources to the development), the stretch goals and the other hand can be very difficult to predict. And certain stretch goals can prove themselves as very dangerous, like co-op. But it's nonsense to talk currently about co-op, because it is currently very far away.

Last edited:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Underworld Ascendant V.2.0 by FrontSide Entertainment
"From developers and engineers from hit games that brought you Skyrim rekindle this legendary fantasy RPG series."
$0.00 pledged of $2,000 goal
Estimated delivery: Jan 2019

Something's rotten in Underdark.

:what:
P.S. I know Underdark is D&D, but it rhymes with Denmark.

Last edited:
Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Good find. Hopefully this plagiarism is shut down real fast.

Darkzone

Arcane
Fuck. That shit, could be a problem... That could lower the believe in Otherside Entertainment and lower the amount of revenues. Someone should report this to kickstarter.

Last edited:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I reported it as well and sent a message to an OtherSide employee the company's forum.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Zombra, why have you not played the original? That can't continue. I will gift from Gog if money is tight.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Created by Mohd Asif.
andhaira.png

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zombra, why have you not played the original? That can't continue. I will gift from Gog if money is tight.
Money is always tight with me, and you're a bro, but don't do that. I have enough of a backlog already.
gift codes always graciously accepted by PM

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh God... co-op and VR...
VR seems like the logical next step for a company with Looking Glass' legacy.

It's the natural goal of immersive sims.
You're that cool modder and all but... just no... It's a gimmick. And a costly one that shouldn't be on the table for a set of developers looking to fund basic content via KS.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
DK2 in Alien Isolation is pretty incredible and anyone who has tried a proper setup would not call it a gimmick. That's like someone saying "HD vs. SD, gimmick".

Truth is the UA would be a killer app for VR and ready at about the right time. What better group to tie in non-tech aspects of "being there"? I think it would be pretty epic. I saw someone say "replace co-op with VR on the stretch goals" and to that I would say fuck yes!

It depends on budget; Certainly do not diminish systems in order to plug VR in there. Other than a resource issue, this technology speaks directly to them I think and being the innovators they are I have my fingers crossed.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Is VR even a thing yet?

Any video game is VR, it's just a matter of degrees. If Skyrim 2 offers official support for the Oculus Rift, I think the same people who bought home making DLC for Skyrim 1 will buy an OR in a heart beat.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is VR even a thing yet? Seriously? What percentage of the gaming populace use it? This is not the kind of a shit a self-funded project should be wasting their resources on.

Do people need a reminder on how well wacky tech KS projects end up?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/260688528/clang
I don't think it actually takes much work to support stereo rendering. I wouldn't be surprised if Unity soon had a check box to do it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom