Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unhealthy interest in sales figures

hiver

I think Cain is mistaken.

COUGHHH - COUGHHH - COUGHHHHH!

Im afraid you will need to take it up with the god himself. Cant help you there in any way really. ;)

Infidel! burn the wiiitch!buurn the.. ahem, im fine. fine!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
He said it was a higher angle than isometric, more like cavalier oblique. I believe.

Last edited:

hiver

its never too late for a quick video montage!

especially of this:

-edit- i will give away the exact time position if you pay me.

:dr.evil:

Last edited by a moderator:

Severian Silk

Oblique makes me feel a little nauseous/headache-y when I look at it. That's why I don't think Fallout is oblique.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Oblique is a much more general descriptor than any of the others. It's definition is something like any view other than the horizontal or vertical reference view for an object.

hivemind

No one keeping tabs on piracy?
It's enormous.

i2r4h8P.png

Black

Arcane
Goat Simulator has been #1 steam sale for a while now, you need some of that goat mojo.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Goat Simulator has been #1 steam sale for a while now, you need some of that goat mojo.
"Goat Simulator is part of an emerging genre that I like to call Pewdiebait"

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The new update got us on the Early Access banner.
Lasted for a week I believe? Any significant increase in sales during that period?

Regardless, I would like to take the oportunity to thank you guys for the last update. It made the game look almost twice as big as before and the development of the lore is absolutely wonderful. Steam says I've been playing for more than 50 hours now -- but I still haven't even tried all of the backgrounds :).

Just me poking my head in to say that perhaps it'd be a good idea to sell a CE (Codex Edition) of the game since a lot of us would probably appreciate something like that, provided that they haven't already bought it.

Me? I'd buy it just so I could request that you include a hand-written note where you personally call me a cockhead, Vince. Best CE ever. (Unless it contains nothing but shredded newspaper and that note, that is)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Lasted for a week I believe? Any significant increase in sales during that period?
We dropped to 7-12 a day before the update and the banner pushed us to 35-45 a day. It's not nearly as effective as the front page banner but it's way better than nothing. Now we're selling 20-25 a day.

Regardless, I would like to take the oportunity to thank you guys for the last update. It made the game look almost twice as big as before and the development of the lore is absolutely wonderful. Steam says I've been playing for more than 50 hours now -- but I still haven't even tried all of the backgrounds :).
We're glad you liked it.

Severian Silk

The title of this game is waaay better than that pathetic name "Pillars of Eternity". Damnit Obsidian.

t

Arcane
Patron
Back to top 50 for just a little a while with the recent update. Unfortunately, lately we have seen many dark days with AoD out of top 100 EA at all. Presumably this slow decline will continue until the great Thursday with the exception of short peaks around updates/interviews/early reviews.

Still, I believe that Steam EA has a huge impact on sales. Instead of only one release date you have multiple updates when you can gain some exposure. Not sure though how will it make the game look in people's eyes overall, possibly the "unfinished and buggy" label will be more likely to stick to the games that spent too much time in EA?

On a more constructive note, I wonder if the game has a potential to become popular in the mainstream. One could wish to exploit the same gimmick as with the Dark Souls games and promote the difficulty level maybe? Turn based combat doesn't work well on videos and let's plays though. Anyone with some smart ideas for marketing?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

We dropped to 7-12 a day before the update and the banner pushed us to 35-45 a day. It's not nearly as effective as the front page banner but it's way better than nothing. Now we're selling 20-25 a day.
:kwafuckyeah:
Awesome. Happy to see you succeeding after all these years.

Ninjerk

Arcane
On a more constructive note, I wonder if the game has a potential to become popular in the mainstream. One could wish to exploit the same gimmick as with the Dark Souls games and promote the difficulty level maybe? Turn based combat doesn't work well on videos and let's plays though. Anyone with some smart ideas for marketing?

Make a point of comparing the combat to chess and appeal to the "I'm such nerd, OMG" crowd.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Oh yeah, showing the combat to popamole audiences worked so well the last time... :lol:
The question was if the game has potential to become popular in the mainstream specifically by using marketing gimmicks. If you're trying to expand your market, you can't imply disdain for the expanded market in the same stroke. So that interview isn't really relevant.

EDIT: Besides, isn't there an AWESOME option?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
On a more constructive note, I wonder if the game has a potential to become popular in the mainstream.
No. TB + too difficult + too much text + no monsters + dated graphics = very limited appeal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom