Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unicorn Overlord - Tactical RPG by Vanillaware

notpl

Arbiter
it's supposed to be bait for rebel army. enemy stops attacking them shortly after mission starts and resumes only after you getting closer. allied squad survived though barely but because they stationed in fort they healed back to full health by the time enemy decides they outlived their usefulness.
The key here is "enemy stops attacking them shortly after mission starts," which simply is not the case. A wyvern rider rams into them over and over, winning every time, until they die.

I eventually got it by making an all-horse unit rather than flyers, since they're significantly faster than a flyer even accounting for terrain detours in this case.

Reinhardt

Arcane
flyers are not particularly fast, mountains slow them to a crawl. i send them at the start of the mission in all directions to pick stuff and remove siege engines and towers but spearhead is always cavalry. if there is road and it's not full of mines cavalry is the king.
flyers shine when regular terrain is some shit like sand or thorns.

Reinhardt

Arcane
prince still running with pretty much first people he met in the game...

ErU0bkQ.png

notpl

Arbiter
I find it very funny that despite taking cues from Ogre Battle rather than fire emblem, this game still fell into the trap of making wyvern riders hideously overpowered. And they're clearly aware of it, too, since like 90% of every enemy force is wyvern riders. Any other unit 10 levels higher than me? Effortless, will do 3x their total HP and take 0 damage in turn. A squad of all wyvern riders and a single support caster? Throw the entire army at it, use multiple buff items and pray.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
No idea why its not on PC(outside of main boss of Vanillaware autism).
They spend like million years to make this game, and they wanna recoup costs. When it's console only, they get money flow they need.

Frankly I'm glad you can pirate it in alternate means, and don't have to deal with stuff like Denuvo or other crap. And considering quality of ports recently, we would need like 3x as much computing power than Switch to run it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I find it very funny that despite taking cues from Ogre Battle rather than fire emblem, this game still fell into the trap of making wyvern riders hideously overpowered. And they're clearly aware of it, too, since like 90% of every enemy force is wyvern riders. Any other unit 10 levels higher than me? Effortless, will do 3x their total HP and take 0 damage in turn. A squad of all wyvern riders and a single support caster? Throw the entire army at it, use multiple buff items and pray.
hardest fights in the arena were flyers.

i wonder if anything carries to ng+. want to try last difficulty using only boin-boin characters after finishing. which means no cavalry other than holy knights, no archers and rogues until elf lands, no proper tanks. at least flying characters are girls.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
class balance is quite fucked but going to write about that later probably played half now

thief's sister so far is the strongest character in the game just wonderful abilities + stamina drain

Reinhardt

Arcane
finished it.
Ev7TfMX.png

after loading clear save there is one more lvl 45 mission. married scarlett.

Reinhardt

Arcane
so finished final mission. it's just big battle without any story and serves to recruit some characters you can't recruit in main game. they don't have rapport or anything. after this you can only replay galerius and, i guess, bitchslap him with new characters.
still missing one entry in characters library - second entry in non-upgraded thieves.
~50 hours. completed everything i could find. 173/174 quests completed listed.

Retardo

Learned
finished it.
Ev7TfMX.png

after loading clear save there is one more lvl 45 mission. married scarlett.
Why knight and huskarl?
I'm running with titty monster childhood friend, leggy swordmaster, titty spear rignt now, works good enough.

Reinhardt

Arcane
everyone is just jumping with follow up attacks on anyone prince hits first or on someone who hits prince. also nigga aubin is here to provide vitalize for endless brrrrrrrrrrrr through maps. clive also provides cavalry buff and some basic map attack to cross minefields or close distance to target. of course wyvern rider's dive attack is much better but i didn't hire generics this play and hilda has her own unit.
honestly, not much thinking went here. it just worked for me. saving tacticool things for next play on zemoiran with only female characters. already know without vitalize and with harsher item use limit some stages will be a bitch.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Been playing this for a bit. Still enjoying it. Cleared most of first area and about half of second.
The game is a bit easy even on expert (I barely use consumables, don't optimize gear and (thankfully) very rarely do any kind of tactics/positioning micromanagement before combats). I have gotten units wiped a few times, and in one battle come within 4 seconds of running out of time.

My strategy has turned into having 3 stacked squads that can win about every fight, and then screening for them with 2 cavalry squads and a flying squad. Most units feel useful, although the rune knight feels a bit iffy to me. Biggest challenge is stamina management for me, pretty easy to get worn down, especially as I tend to overcommit on multiple fronts.

I wish the game had more c&c. I have recruited a single merc (which I don't use any more), because it feels more fun to use "real" characters, and I can't even fit all those in my army. I'm really hoping that when it comes to "advanced class promotion" there will at least be two choices to pick between, but I doubt it. I don't even know why the game gives you the option to not recruit some people, unless there is some hidden c&c about that.

Reinhardt

Arcane
btw looks like after finishing game your only option is new game. no ng+ at all. so eat your +stats items, you will not need them "later".

Reinhardt

Arcane
went straight for angel. barely managed it with some reloads and 2 seconds left on timer. soldiers are hard to kill, but they are just not good at killing either. from executing archer and ninjaing almost all central region for loot i had enough shards to recruit ochlys. will try berenice next for some proper fighting force.
Qjvwj6y.png

plan is to do scarlett rescue as early as possible because it will bring bunch of girls immediately and unlocks new regions where i can pick some strong girls early too.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm really hoping that when it comes to "advanced class promotion" there will at least be two choices to pick between
no. just straight class upgrade with better stats and new advanced skills.
Wow. The advanced class system is weird.
No unlocks or requirements or anything... you just pay a small amount of honor and they get upgraded. They all seem like pure upgrades too (except maybe Alain since he gets a horse and maybe becomes cavalry, which is kinda worse than being an infantry?).

A bit overwhelming to get so many new options at the same time.

wish me luck

FRe7P6I.png
What is this showing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom