Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

shilence

Educated
Huh, LightBringer and Bruce seem to have a common interest:

6bIMA8V.png

a6jhhtd.png

Quite mysterious!

I'm gonna bet $3.50 that he'll claim again that forums world wide talk about and love his game, but he personally is weirdly barred from any discussion

Eli_Havelock

Learned
And here I was hoping "Lightbringer" was going to be more entertaining than "bootles" over at Lemon64, whose identity immediately ceased when the thread for this game was locked.

you guys just don't get it...

this was the FIRST C64 kickstarted game in the history of the world! The FIRST! THis was huge for the 64 and its future attention. If you didn't at least support it by being at least positive about the people trying to do something big for 64 users, what does that say about you?

i missed it because I had a bad year that whole year and not using my c64 like forevers, but for those that actually got to see it and experience it and chose to be jerks about it? you have serious problems or are most likely just a cheapo bastardo losers.

it's one thing to not throw $1 at the first C64 game kickstarted on the world stage , but to jump on the hate train from the start instead takes a really odd anus. it's no wonder there so many fake 64 fans are posting in here and trying so hard to make it fail!

there are also some really dumb people here that fall for the haters lies. i mean real stupid. like the ones that drink the coo-laid stupid. you can't fool me, I'm Canadian. if I was a backer, I would be going ballistics on the mods for letting haters and non-backers destroy such a promising game. this is so bad for the 64. they were starting hate from the beginning of this thread. now the biggest in the world!

don't worry though, after the jealous haters here have done their work of destroying this game like others on lemon, they will all be back tomorrow trying to sell you their stuff with the same five friends promoting it. hating on others that try to do nice things for people will never help you sell their own stuff. how dumb do you need to be to understand this? pretty dumbs it seems.

i'm tempted to just make a web page dedicated to all the jealous haters in this thread and their products since it really seems 95% of the posts in here are actually from other devs that are just trying to sell you their stuff by hating on the dragons. they obviously need the attention. if i backed this game, I would really want to know who I was giving money to. people that are making the world a better place or just another odd anus.
don't worry about me, i gots plenty of time! and i collect the CPP.
:D
i think it would actually be stupid not to do something like this. this game is so damn huge and the only thing people on lemons want to talk about. look at how many people are entertained just off lies being spread by socker accounts here. and some think i'm childish? you are spending many days here along with all the others.
:?

i would bet 90% of ad traffic money that lemon64 gets is just because of this game. i wouldn't mind taking some of that ad moneys to my web page instead to help funds my games.
:D
you can make a killings on ad moneys. besides, my research is golden and best part just facts I found onlines. not like all the people obviously making up stuff here just to get attentions. people are going to shittle about my diggings. there are so many connections and they all lead back to the evil corporations in powers. you could do it yourself just by looking in this thread how some of the worst offenders own corporations of their own! its crazy, but most people are lazy and would like to be shown with easy pictures and charts instead. i can make it easy for them to see the connections of the web.

besides i was pretty darn good at HTML 1.0 back in my days so I can totally handle it. and if not i still have an old copy of dreamweavers on my pentium i can fire up. even word can save out html now.

for you mal, i can totally add an NIN embed to your page if you like too! i think its a great and funny idea.
:lol:

if anyone wants in to help out with opportunities projects DM me too! I've found most peoples real names behind the alias, but there are a few that I'm only 95% sure abouts. those will be listed on the "95% page" until they are confirmed.
thank you! thats why i make my own game to share with the community. maybe if its good the dragons can help me l publish it but doubts i could get a job with the dragons.
:cry:
i only know BASICS and trying some C codes for my game but got stuck on what the pros call "pointers". they don't have those in BASIC and they make your game fast! still your idea not that bad really. may i should email them to see if they have some type of intern program for a new c64 game coder?
:lol:
Then elsewhere, the "really mean" C64 community narrative. There's other similarities, but it's clear this person was obviously not actively in development for anything before parts of the internet were safespaced for their protection. :lol:
possible, yes... but not wanted to get attacked by all the other devs around here for even trying is a worse fear!
:blush:

lots of devs on lemon64 seems really mean to new comers, especially rpg makers! you seems like one of the only devs I have see on lemon that hasn't outright gone after other devs. I notice things like that.

i won't support the jerks that like to go around bullying everyone into supporting their stuff instead by trying to make others look bad. we see who they are. the only way to build a bright future is to notice those who are trying to build it up and make it better and who is trying to tear it down and keep it in the past. then support the former and leave the later to die where they should of, in the past.
Sound a lot like a certain Twitter meltdown? Generally, snark like that happens when you're years overdue for anything: "At this point in time I have more faith in Half Life 3 / Star Citizen / Unknown Realm being released than Ultimate waste of time Newcomer!!" See? By that community's standards, SDG are on par with Valve and a production that has exhausted over half a billion dollars. Amazing! Some aren't as flattering about the updates (or the lack thereof) in bad faith despite being provided many examples: "Previous toxic KS campaigns, such as Unknown Realm, could be invoked as something that has fouled the water, but it didn't do any harm to Cosmic Force so it's not a compelling argument for Parallaxian's limp performance on KS thus far."

Then there's "bootles"' crowning achievement:
I can't believe with so many expert C64 coders around here this never got fixed! What a shame. I mean how hard can making a C64 RPG be let alones fixing one. All I see on lemons is people talking like they can code assemblies in their sleeps. They can't all be joshing. jeesh
Someone points out the obvious problem with that: "A project that huge is all about testing, documentation, architecture and project management. Coding is the easiest part, which is why there are so many unfinished game projects on people‘s harddrives. Particularly in assembly the hardest part is keeping control about all the stuff after a program exceeds a certain size."

And yet the story was problems with coding UR by a meanie C64 community! What's SDG been spinning wheels on "lately" - coincidence?

4SqVF3k.png

:hmmm:

Smerlus

Educated
If the codex is the final reason we never get this game I'll never forgive any of you.

*just kidding. I know he's not really working on it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If the codex is the final reason we never get this game I'll never forgive any of you.

Bruh if we end up getting this game I'm blaming it square on you.

Eli_Havelock

Learned

Bruh if we end up getting this game I'm blaming it square on you.
But what about Bruce salting the Lemon64? Do you think we can overcome the amount of cosmic assmad at being spurned that has so destroyed him as a "native C64 developer"? (At least that's the current narrative, again.)

What other C64 dev communities did this really go around as much?

Eli_Havelock - Excuse me, but please stick to the facts!

RJoYyPV.png

As you may be able to decipher my weird language: the faq is in the works for at least 10 months.

So that means the beta test is probably going on par with what happened to an artist, with testing directives just as flakey.

Edit: Speaking of project management

That should have been a warning sign of 9.61 years of full-time work unless Laura learns to code.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Must be bored if he is answering the dex. I said let the stinking whale rot on the beach. You're only going to get shit from this bozo.

<insert whale>
:deadhorse:

Mortmal

Arcane
Must be bored if he is answering the dex. I said let the stinking whale rot on the beach. You're only going to get shit from this bozo.

<insert whale>
:deadhorse:
At the very best , that being very optimistic its another situation like cleve and grimoire, one lone guy doing a project that used to be a full team, games like ultima , magic candles, and so many clones. One lone guy doing that part time and procastinating most of it, so i could take decades.
Most likely its a scam and the guy cant possibly pull it .According his tweets and his answers here i can read , he's clearly not a genius...

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I thought his wife helped? Aren't they living in a hotel? Hotels are spendy per night.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Next Bruce is going to try to claim that KS doesn't have the ability to post updates and that's why they've had to pin messages in the comments section instead.

Gosh, KS just sucks guys, and serving nothingburgers for pseudo-Patreon's updates is an industry innovation the rest of us just don't deserve! :lol:

shilence

Educated
Someone in the comments at Kickstarter suggested to release an update with the poll and just get the answers from the comments of that update.

That would be way too easy.

I really wonder what would be the content of the poll.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
No one wants fucking polls. They want to see the final product. This is a c64 game and isn't even a shadow of a fart compared to Cleve's game.
hJkWnM1.jpg

JkL1hO8.jpg

Last edited:

Eli_Havelock

Learned
No one wants fucking polls. They want to see the final product. This is a c64 game and isn't even a shadow of a fart compared to Cleve's game.
Even when Cleve was just showing bits of the Golden Baby here and there over the years he still could provide good updates about his bunker and Vault-OS.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Cleve's next game will rip reality in half. Why the hell do you think he's keeping his shelter in tact and starting his channel up again. It isn't our world we should be worried about, it is the Far Realm of Chaos from the creation of his next game. Who know's what method's he's using but this thing, this unknown realm game is just monkeys splattering shit on newspaper compred to the evil genius of CLEVE!

shilence

Educated
This month marks three years without update, six years over schedule and Bruce working hard on the game!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom