Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
https://twitter.com/stirringdragon

Mostly addressing toxic fans/customers. In a way, I could see ignoring non-customers. With no demo you can't really add any imput or point out bugs. The problem with NO updates like a screenshot of an area or animated gif (since they did post some), leaves backers pondering their life decision in backing. Likely, some will never back any project and only PURCHASE released products.

I really think this thread should only be visited yearly unless they post something of interest. As is, their twitter posts aren't all that appealing.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
It looks like they've finally realized where they are at, with the numbers of virtual asspats unable to validate trying to deny reality from themselves via their True Devoted fans telling them they are doing a wonderful job.

After years of no updates as they are aware of from projects they have backed (not counting Corven's lack of anything recently), Unknown Realms really is as if Ultima IV was in dev hell long enough to see Ultima VII's release date.

Ladonna

Arcane
Meanwhile an expansion dropped for Nox Archaist. Must have been that jealousy of Bruce that spurred them on.

shilence

Educated
I guess he means is referring to this screenshot:
FTJEcat.png

https://twitter.com/pagan_realm/status/1662512026327941123

shilence

Educated
I really do wonder how big that twitter "troll army" he mentioned really is. All I can see is one guy talking shit about the game.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

A guy who started his nerdy C64 Ultima/Telengard clone project back in 1984 is going back to finish it now. It's already more of a game than Unknown Realm will ever be. :smug:

shilence

Educated
Coming to think of it, Bruce announced a FAQ and the start of the beta more than a year ago... Seems like it's going to be a looooong FAQ

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
And if he ever does release and it is sooo lame and lacking he'll really be looked at as a mega scam artist. Certainly, no one will EVER sign on another KS of his er THEIRS (wife is just as guilty) seeing how damn well they treat people.

shilence

Educated
RIP BRUCE
ucer0CV.png

For me personally the game is burned. If it ever releases I won't be touching it with a pole. I would get vietnam like flashbacks to the times he was a dickhead.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
RIP BRUCE
ucer0CV.png

For me personally the game is burned. If it ever releases I won't be touching it with a pole. I would get vietnam like flashbacks to the times he was a dickhead.
I wouldn't, I really don't care who is behind something if its good. I doubt it in this case though

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Why does this dev like the fucking drama? I thought devs tried to avoid retarded drama. Did he drink Richard Garriotte’s blood and get infected with drama-queenism?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The other is Bruce’s own like. I think you can like your own posts.

Ha! Someone liked my tweet.

And yes, I liked it so that answers my question.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom