Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I got blocked for telling him to finish the game.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Yep, just looking for attention.

View attachment 34869
I actually remember the "suggestions" were more about updates as per the KS since almost a whole three years ago in 2020 but okay I guess excuses and redirects to your social media and more begging is now an update. Silver Lining: What decent developer is going to hire on that kind of shitshow? Dude already shat on best practices and then bit the hand that feeds, now can't take any responsibility at all as a solo gig.

Enjoy your "resumé" my dude. :lol:

Narushima

Prophet
FwGbquj.png
OK, this is definitely performance art, now.

Also I discovered he has blocked me on Twitter, despite the fact I've never interacted with him in any way.

LightBringer

Arcane
Developer

Also I discovered he has blocked me on Twitter, despite the fact I've never interacted with him in any way.

"I've never interacted with him in any way."

You liked that same "Refund backers their money" tweet as your trolly Abu friend above. What did you guys expect him to do if that was your first interaction with him? You don't think knows who follows him and likes his game on Twatter by now?

https://twitter.com/I_Love_RPGs/status/1642909866036477953

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You liked that same "Refund backers their money" tweet as your trolly Abu friend above. What did you guys expect him to do if that was your first interaction with him? You don't think knows who follows him and likes his game on Twatter by now?

You're pretty stalky. Posting twitter accounts and shit...

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The thing is, even if they're tweeting at him in completely bad faith, this gentlemen is a flat out bitch for blocking them. Whether they asked for a refund or asked him to finish or even called him a no-no word, that doesn't mean he should block them like the little coward he is, especially since he took money from so many people and is on the precipese of not delivering the product said people paid for.

Narushima

Prophet

I was already blocked by then.
I only saw Bruce's posts thanks to the screenshots people posted here, and the one embedded here, which I can see, but turns into "you're not allowed to see this" if I click it to see it on Twitter.

Eli_Havelock

Learned

The thing is, even if they're tweeting at him in completely bad faith, this gentlemen is a flat out bitch for blocking them. Whether they asked for a refund or asked him to finish or even called him a no-no word, that doesn't mean he should block them like the little coward he is, especially since he took money from so many people and is on the precipese of not delivering the product said people paid for.

What a happy coincidence rhese developers education crowdsourcing beggars also donated to Corven and its own technical advancements of Movable Objects ("Our newest trailer"), which looks to be about in the same state now that it couldn't even keep up with the marginally better "updates" of a commissioned backer's portrait every month or so.

Ah, yes, THAT kind of "broke developer". (I wonder if they're as bad as the Kinetic Void beg and bail act.)

LightBringer

Arcane
Developer

I thought true bitches and cowards are the ones that hide behind fake names and come into threads of games they didn't support and have no interest in just to troll and attack the devs? Yep, that sure sounds a lot more like a bitch to me than a dev that is out there face to face.

In fact, I would be willing to bet you $100 that if the dev were to ask you and your other two buddies Abu and Narushima to all come on a live video chat with him to ask him any questions you like and say the same things you are saying here to him face to face, you would probably piss yourself. It's easy to call people names when you cowardly hide behind a fake one.

shilence

Educated
Oooh, I would happily join a video call and ask questions! But I'm pretty sure he wouldn't answer any of them, just like the questions ins the comment section at kickstarter.

:hmmm:

Eli_Havelock

Learned

I thought true bitches and cowards are the ones that hide behind fake names and come into threads of games they didn't support and have no interest in just to troll and attack the devs? Yep, that sure sounds a lot more like a bitch to me than a dev that is out there face to face.

In fact, I would be willing to bet you $100 that if the dev were to ask you and your other two buddies Abu and Narushima to all come on a live video chat with him to ask him any questions you like and say the same things you are saying here to him face to face, you would probably piss yourself. It's easy to call people names when you cowardly hide behind a fake one.

Question is, could Bruce? I mean, he's only had a documented history of taking the bitch route from questions by his KS backers for years. :lol:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron

I'll bet you $1000 that I would have no trouble giving you or the "developer" a piece of my mind. On here, and especially on twitter, I stay cooler than I am in real life. Actually, I am like a little lamb on twitter. I gave a single comment of refund people their money. People paid for something. Sometimes, a game just doesn't work out (scam or not), but at the very least, most campaigns don't string along backers for years. If you are the developer of said game, I will drop some of my cool just this once, and ask you to go fuck yourself.

I'd very much like this game to be real. Nox Archaist, Realms of Antiquity, and SKALD, and some other upcoming games in the same vein, are all of interest to me.

What I don't do is share people's twitter accounts on here, which, when I last checked, was not okay.

Narushima

Prophet
Bruce, why did you block me on Twitter, you faggot?!

Saduj

Arcane

I'll bet you $1000 that I would have no trouble giving you or the "developer" a piece of my mind. On here, and especially on twitter, I stay cooler than I am in real life. Actually, I am like a little lamb on twitter. I gave a single comment of refund people their money. People paid for something. Sometimes, a game just doesn't work out (scam or not), but at the very least, most campaigns don't string along backers for years. If you are the developer of said game, I will drop some of my cool just this once, and ask you to go fuck yourself.

I think you both know what comes next.

:planetickets:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I mean, most Codexers are bitches and cowards, but that doesn't make Bruce any less of one either. The people tweeting at Bruce being bitches and Bruce himself being a bitch are not mutually exclusive concepts, and if you try to bring up the cope "these people aren't worth engaging with", you're only making yourself/Bruce look worse. These people are the primary audience that backed his game, and even if they aren't, they're asking questions that real backers want to know and deserve to know the answer to. Yet, I've never seen you/Bruce engage in any open dialogue or communication about the project and what's going on. You can call people whatever you want, that doesn't the change the fact you/Bruce are dropping the ball hard here and should man up and explain the situation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom