Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

Saduj

Arcane
"sh!Ts AbOUt tO GEt ReAL"

He really needs to be less subtle with his dishonesty at this point. We are way past the point where inferences are going to fool anyone. Maybe a straightforward lie like "The game is releasing on such and such a date..." would still reel some people in.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hmmm older tweets (mostly me backing KS). It was voodoo psychic who immediately liked my sandwich comment. How ….. odd. I actually ate popcorn.

And for a golden oldie

Eli_Havelock

Learned
RIP BRUCE
ucer0CV.png

For me personally the game is burned. If it ever releases I won't be touching it with a pole. I would get vietnam like flashbacks to the times he was a dickhead.

It goes well with how this dynamic duo crash one of the few things they've done that could be considered an update by assuming their Kickstarter backers would follow them on Twitter for Laura's Twitter account set to Flake.

Stirring Dragon Games Creator 14 days ago
Hi everyone!
Screenshot tweets! If you’re on Twitter, make sure you’re following @UnknownRealmSDG for more. :)

Crypts
https://twitter.com/indielaurasdg/status/1626796401538617350

Rats in sewers
https://twitter.com/unknownrealmsdg/status/1669776788090920961

Help screen:
https://twitter.com/indielaurasdg/status/1617706455444123648

8-bit crash bugs
https://twitter.com/unknownrealmsdg/status/1672689671850319872

Character creation sneak peek - girl avatar
https://twitter.com/indielaurasdg/status/1669228077904433152

And a bonus silly video of our parakeet Lord Birdish rocking out to ABBA
https://twitter.com/indielaurasdg/status/1662581419091296257

Hope you’re having a great summer. More to come!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
SDG - SumDrunkGuy? Page doesn’t exist? Good grief. What a bunch of paranoid fucks? They act like their work is that fucking great. Eldiron knocks this shit into the sewer with ease and the developer there is cool as hell explaining in detail what works atm, plans in the future, when xyz will be out to test and more.

These two show how the fuck NOT to be transparent. They’re paranoid or just fucks. Or both.

Last edited:

Eli_Havelock

Learned
As everyone else has generally been saying "shit or get off the pot" then the only people against Unknown Realm being finished have been those two.

:hmmm: When will Bruce and Laura stop abusing their kids?

Atrachasis

Augur

TBH, that explains everything. Back then there was no Twitter, no massive hype-building campaigns, no screenshots and video clips. Games just dropped out of the blue one day and got reported on in the magazines. The dearth of communication is perfectly in line with the golden era, before social media poisoned the world.

I understand their PR strategy better now. Somewhat refreshing, actually.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
I’m helping fund 3 game Kickstarters atm:
Elin
Beyond Shadowgate
The Fallen Crown

I’ll probably help fund Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of Moonfall but I have a feeling it might not get enough funds.

I’ll laugh if all of these and their promises release including physical releases while Unknown Realm sits in the toilet.
IN the toilet would be an improvement from where they're asking their kids to reach, after having bent over at their community, repeatedly asking for any repeat-takers even there on their own website

Until... what community? I think over the many years they've managed to burn every bridge on the way out in evasiveness for updates while showing work on everything else but the actual game itself, until more people are watching their Twitter feed for the ongoing dev meltdowns than giving enabling Likes. Only when those people got tired of that did some meager update work be shown, and then to bail from actually showing that from Laura's protected account (pick a lane of unplug or grow a pair) the kids were thrown under their PR bus for grease.

If that's the show they're selling there, that's their brand. I wonder if they've castrated any of the little ones yet, as these folks seem very willing to use their children for social media purposes and feewings matter more than contractual obligations. Munchausen By Proxy castration-suicide buyer's remorse, here we go!

:popcorn:

Last edited:

shilence

Educated
> be a backer of Bruce
> wanting to check how the game development is going, checks his twitter

HoJJDgf.png

> damn Bill Gates at it again

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
If Bill Gates is doing this he needs a fucking bullet to the brain.

I guess Bill Gates Doesn’t want this game out as it’ll turn the tables on all CRPGS forever. IT MUST BE STOPPED. <Bill releases the mosquitoes of DOOM>

Modron

Arcane
Aren't these just modified mosquitos that can't bite, being released during mating season to outcompete regular mosquitos and thus kill them off?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Supposedly it is mosquitos only being male. Eggs layed will only be male. So, mosquito genocide of a particular invasive species. But do you really trust Bill or scientists to not be doing something worse to afflict people?

shilence

Educated
j5lvVMl.png

damn publishers trying to redefine indie games killed crowdfunding for rEaL indies!

(coming from the guy who got at least $60.000 more then he asked for on kickstarter and tainted crowdfunding by not delivering and being an asshat to the people who have paid him)

Old Hans

Arcane
> be a backer of Bruce
> wanting to check how the game development is going, checks his twitter

HoJJDgf.png

> damn Bill Gates at it again
lol if anyone was gonna drop mosquitos over florida it wouldnt be in the middle of the afternoon, out of some tiny little 2 seat helicopter

shilence

Educated
atGgXwJ.png

damn cheapskates paying $154 to get a game by 2017 just to get nothing by 2023.

$154 was the MINIMUM amount to pledge to get the C64 version :D

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I thought it was the minimum to get snubbed and banned on their twitter?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom