Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Will they be held accountable? This is a clear scam

also lol @ Uknown Realm inspired so many games it's unbelieavable (a game which never came out)

adamantyr

Arcane
Developer
Trolling them is pointless. They thrive on being "victims" of harassment. Kickstarter will never hold them accountable, they lack the tools to do so.

The best thing you can do is:
1) Don't give them attention. That's what they want, because it makes them look sympathetic. Treat them with the contempt they deserve and turn away.
2) If they try and rebrand or refund on other platforms, tell people your experience with them. They can't be trusted with your money to deliver the product they promise.

Also...

3) After looking at the campaign again recently, it really comes short of the efforts that Nox Archaist and, well, I hesitate to toot my own horn but Realms of Antiquity achieved. C64 retro fans deserve better than that.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I suppose they take credit for Moonring as well. Hell, BG3 happened because of them. Get fucking real. This brain-fucked Dude is probably living with a junkie hooker (his supposed wife) and kids he bought off the Mexican black market. They smash and grab with niggers at targets and Walmarts just to get by because all that cash goes to drugs, fast food, and booze. I think SDG moved in with them. Maybe GGS is spider fucking them at this very moment. Maybe aliens have abducted them all and relocated them all to a hidden bunker between Russia & China performing dark rituals to a pug faced dog demon from the 13th abyssal hell dimension.

Fuck if anyone knows really. All anyone does know is the smell of shit from this “company” is so bad it forced Elon Musk to change Twitter to “X”

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I suppose they take credit for Moonring as well. Hell, BG3 happened because of them. Get fucking real. This brain-fucked Dude is probably living with a junkie hooker (his supposed wife) and kids he bought off the Mexican black market. They smash and grab with niggers at targets and Walmarts just to get by because all that cash goes to drugs, fast food, and booze. I think SDG moved in with them. Maybe GGS is spider fucking them at this very moment. Maybe aliens have abducted them all and relocated them all to a hidden bunker between Russia & China performing dark rituals to a pug faced dog demon from the 13th abyssal hell dimension.

Fuck if anyone knows really. All anyone does know is the smell of shit from this “company” is so bad it forced Elon Musk to change Twitter to “X”
Unknown Realms caused George Floyd to become depressed and OD.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It caused covid-19 as well and Trump to lose the election and Jan 6th and the invasion into the Ukraine. Also, the ALIEN UAP SCARE that is happening. I think it is why my parents went insane and is why hornets and rats and worse infest the property. And soon, the antichrist will be awakened because of Unknown Realms.

shilence

Educated
Money is tight in the Unknown Realm!

ly18uZT.png

To clarify:

https://stirringdragon.games/ - godaddy.com
https://unknownrealm64.com/ - godaddy.com

stirringdragon.games is a novelty domain and is about $90 a year. With hosting including a website kit that adds up to about $130/yr.
unknownrealm64.com however is a bog-standard homepage for about $60/yr.

Fun fact: They fail to maintain both websites in terms of security, but that's another topic.

To conclude: Buy merch to cover that hefty ~$200 bill to be able to get the constant updates for the game.

Super fun fact:

If you request information about the domains (click) you get:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited

That's rather odd!
These are "Client Status Codes are Set by Your Domain's Registrar".
The interesting on here is:
clientRenewProhibited: This status code tells your domain's registry to reject requests to renew your domain. It is an uncommon status that is usually enacted during legal disputes or when your domain is subject to deletion.
The other ones just mean that the domain is frozen and can't be moved/deleted or change owners right now.

Lightbringer Bruce my boy, whatcha doin!

adamantyr

Arcane
Developer
So looks like after November 10th, stirringdragon.games will be gone.

Funny that unknownrealm64.com is good until next July, which they never update.

With X/Twitter soon to be behind a paywall and thus useless for social media, looks like the only place anyone will find anything about UR at is, ironically, the Kickstarter page.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
If only there was some website/forum where developers could post about their upcoming games and get support from potential buyers, Bruce could do well with something like that.

Oh, wait

shilence

Educated
I'm a professional business consultant for indie devs:
Cancel Laura's twitter premium membership ($115/year) to save your precious website :smug:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So looks like after November 10th, stirringdragon.games will be gone.

Funny that unknownrealm64.com is good until next July, which they never update.

With X/Twitter soon to be behind a paywall and thus useless for social media, looks like the only place anyone will find anything about UR at is, ironically, the Kickstarter page.
I see a potential parking lot at unknownrealm64. Nothing there now but EXPIRED!

shilence

Educated
Yeah, both links now return account suspended.
That's rather unfortunate, since they were just about to release the beta program on their website!

Coming to think of it - when their website is suspended their mail adresses might be down as well. Bummer, now backers can't contact them anymore.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well there is IA

Is X going to demand $$$ for usage of it? I’d fucking bail on that bullshit too tbh so I can’t fault them for “X” shit. I believe they’ll use this as reason to just “disappear” tbh. Convenient way to drop out flipping the middle finger to everyone. They are still minor players compared to Lord Bitchish though.

Looking at this pic… I just noticed the demonic possessed eyes. Fuck! Her eyes are surrounded by darkness….
IMG_2084.jpeg

DEMONESS!!!

Anyway, it is still a shame tbh. They put the potential work into all of this and spent on promotion etc but bow out like this? Pshhh… fucking lame.

Last edited:

shilence

Educated
1gDmsAC.png

Are we even real? Are we banned? Is this.. hell?

Also he reposted himself to show how true and honest this statement is

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom