Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

newtmonkey

Arcane
At first I thought these guys were just scam artists, but now I think that they are batshit insane (also scam artists).

Butter

Arcane
Patron
1gDmsAC.png

Are we even real? Are we banned? Is this.. hell?

Also he reposted himself to show how true and honest this statement is
The last thing a forum would want is users talking about a super popular game. Maybe Bruce isn't aware of how ad revenue works, which would explain why he can't afford 90 bucks a year to keep his own site going.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Wtf is he talking about anyway? He bans/blocks people all the fucking time if anyone speaks against him or he suspects it. Honestly, I couldn’t blame forums for banning him but I think it’s all in his fucking head. Maybe X will ban him. Dude can’t handle criticism at all. He’s still welcome at the codex here even though everyone would call him out on his lack of evidence the game is being developed. He’d just block everyone until he annoyed the mods enough to shut him up.

adamantyr

Arcane
Developer
The reason threads on UR get shut down isn't a ban on the game. It's because their actions bring out the worst in people.

Lemon64's thread got dominated by trolls and the mods eventually tired of their antics and locked it. A german forum's thread was shut down because someone started posting about their attempts to find their street address. A Facebook post in an Ultima group quickly went downhill with ugly comments and was locked.

Wtf is he talking about anyway? He bans/blocks people all the fucking time if anyone speaks against him or he suspects it. Honestly, I couldn’t blame forums for banning him but I think it’s all in his fucking head. Maybe X will ban him. Dude can’t handle criticism at all. He’s still welcome at the codex here even though everyone would call him out on his lack of evidence the game is being developed. He’d just block everyone until he annoyed the mods enough to shut him up.

That's one reason I doubt the game will ever get out, unless he does all the testing himself. Being able to listen to honest criticism is a crucial part of software testing, and as far as I've seen, he doesn't have it.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
1gDmsAC.png

Are we even real? Are we banned? Is this.. hell?

Also he reposted himself to show how true and honest this statement is
Nah, I think it's clear.

Bruce is admitting to being all of the troll accounts who tried to make SDG into a gaming messiah as per his current delusion of popularity and relevance of his vaporware.

That's the only way any devs have been banned from any site.

I do have to say that the "fan" on Lemon64 was hilarious to read, especially posts in threads other than Unknown Game's.:lol:

Last edited:

shilence

Educated
I like how they went from "no forum is allowed to discuss the game" to "god damn forums discussing our game" in a couple of hours

ZAyDL9A_d.webp

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Are we sure he isn’t both Bruce & Laura combined? I’d LOL if she divorced his ass and took their imaginary kids. How long can they be beggars and live off the system?

just

Liturgist
lower the "n" in n-bit games, more retarded the dev
probably even bible mention this in some way

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Without them there would have been a complete game crash and probably falling of the entire world economy, followed by the apocalypse and end times. I guess the world dodged a bullet even if the game never was and never will be. Even GOD can’t fathom a complete version. He’s pretty disappointed.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
at least the drama of corven slowly slogs forth and chris whatshisface is still selling imaginary spaceships to morons, so we can all still watch those wrecks-in-slow-motion.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I've given up on following their drama, even though I backed the game. How many micro issues are left ?

Eli_Havelock

Learned
at least the drama of corven slowly slogs forth and chris whatshisface is still selling imaginary spaceships to morons, so we can all still watch those wrecks-in-slow-motion.
The way the Corven dude screwed his career and family life is the real inspiration from this duo.

shilence

Educated
4KLoMbh.jpg

You're welcome to think about the greatest game! No, you won't get any updates. But it's definitly almost finished (since 2016)

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Oooh, I can't wait to spend Christmas just thinking about playing Unknown Realms, and not actually playing a real game!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom