Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
udNCA4s.png

(no comment needed)
"oh no I have stage 4 cancer all of a sudden" right up there with "my dog ate my homework"
Came out of nowhere! Gamma rays from space!

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
udNCA4s.png

(no comment needed)
"oh no I have stage 4 cancer all of a sudden" right up there with "my dog ate my homework"

I like the implied logic, instead of explaining the situation you rather steal 90k of money, no other option
i think it's more like testing the reactions to it so they can craft their escape message and then be internet ghosts for a few years. 'sorry gang, we used the money on dildoes and peanut butter, but you can imagine playing our game while you actually play a different one! remember us well!'

mediocrepoet

Patron
udNCA4s.png

(no comment needed)

I like the implied logic, instead of explaining the situation you rather steal 90k of money, no other option
i think it's more like testing the reactions to it so they can craft their escape message and then be internet ghosts for a few years. 'sorry gang, we used the money on dildoes and peanut butter, but you can imagine playing our game while you actually play a different one! remember us well!'
If they have any money left, they should hire a PR consultant from Star Citizen for pointers.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
udNCA4s.png

(no comment needed)

If they have any money left, they should hire a PR consultant from Star Citizen for pointers.
croberts.png

the lord of the grift smiles upon thee!

Eli_Havelock

Learned
udNCA4s.png

(no comment needed)

This rationalized irresponsibility for failure to act in good faith makes the impending 3949-A to the IRS when I tire of these two all the likely more interesting to re-pique my interest.

I would rather play a CRPG, but if they're going to play this game, then we can too. They were given money to make a game, but instead of delivering a game they're delivering Lord Bullshit.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
the impending 3949-A to the IRS
Whats that? Some sort of audit referral or something?
Pretty much, for suspected tax evasion. Any violation of good faith and failure to produce is more than valid basis for suspect of failure to pay taxes on substantial income amounts.

The neat part about this is if the IRS finds additional fraud then they could refer to the FBI or to a state AG. This has worked from Interplay and Herve Caen's employment fraud, to those Code Avarice numbuts who used their KS for Paranautical Activity on luxury crap and not inproving the game. You don't hear too much from either anymore.

Beast British

Novice
These fuckers stole my money and I'm glad to join in on anything that gets my money back and/or punishes these scammers. It's been a load of horse shit since shortly after the kickstarter. I should have done a charge back like I did to another scammer, but I waited too long.

mediocrepoet

Patron
So the illness card now? Dandy. Welp, hopefully Stoneshard does better.

Hey. How dare you make someone with Stage 5 cancer who's a direct descendant of Holocaust survivors!?

Did you know they have a tri-transgender child? Quit trying to keep good folk down when they're just trying to roll with the lot they've been given.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So the illness card now? Dandy. Welp, hopefully Stoneshard does better.

Hey. How dare you make someone with Stage 5 cancer who's a direct descendant of Holocaust survivors!?

Did you know they have a tri-transgender child? Quit trying to keep good folk down when they're just trying to roll with the lot they've been given.
now they're hospice bound aids patients spinning dreidels? the drama never ends! maybe their mutie kid can carry the grfit forward!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Go figure they’re “wannabe-Jews.” If i want religion then I’ll help fund the KS: Pixel Monk. (Which I did thanks to codexians pointing it out…. Yeah, I like ducks and the monk looks like Chuck Norris). I bet this KS delivers. Maybe my digital monk prayers will cure Stirring Dragon’s stage 4 game cancer and they’ll see the err of their ways fulfilling all KS promptly.

Ah ducks….. it just had to be ducks. I even found an Oregon Ducks banner on the side of the road yesterday. Something ducky is going on.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I understand the feeling, I just told my boss I have Stage 4 self-diagnosed cancer too today, but it's probably yesterday's chorizo and I'll get better after a good nap.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Classic Laura. She tries to fling poo at everyone who has been enjoying the SDG meltdown of no delivery for deluded claims of influencing so many other games, but then hits the KS backers yet again.

Screenshot-20231201-062823-Samsung-Internet-2.jpg

The process...

Screenshot-20231201-064702-Samsung-Internet-2.jpg

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Uh, what the fuck are the backers supposed to do? They paid their cash. The project creators make the fucking product, not the backer! Are Laura & Bruce fucking retarded?

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Uh, what the fuck are the backers supposed to do? They paid their cash. The project creators make the fucking product, not the backer! Are Laura & Bruce fucking retarded?
Perhaps literally, since it seems like more children is what they have produced since taking on this title.

So then with 5 kids you have to decide if its negligent gamedev, as indie takes a lot more work per person, or negligent parenting with this double example of responsibility on display.

Probably both. Unless they're raising their own gamedev team to make the game for them, and so we'll be waiting a while. I normally wouldn't bring kids into this, but even one makes doing gamedev in the same space worse than any managerial interruption. Five? You ain't getting shit done but shitposting on social media.

Last edited:

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Wait, did they get 5 kids since the kickstarter?
I recall 3 at a previous point. Even so, a family of 5+ in San Franshitshow for as long as they were, there went the KS money, poof.

The only thing I can think of SDG / UK having inspired is the Corven dude doing the same. He was thanking people for the new computer and was planning on a European Vacation after quitting his real job to full time gamedev. Then comms of any real communication went dark, and then the divorce happened, probably because the wife was tired of hearing imminent success for probably 15+ years or however long they were together to have kids.

What, exactly, did the backers pay for here?
Child support?

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Backers should be good komrades who keep paying in solidarity for the utopian ideal overdue years ago as part of The Process! - SDG Guild

Anyone else remember this? Oh, how times have changed.

The 8-Bit Superstar - To reward our most elite backers, we've created a one of a kind reward tier where you can literally star in your own custom-designed C64/PC shoot em up style video game. We wanted to make sure this reward was all about you, the backer, because that is what it's all about for us. We don't want to run a company where we're the superstars, we want to run a company where YOU are the superstars so this reward is our way of expressing the ultimate level of thanks and gratitude to our most generous backers.

Last edited:

shilence

Educated
Backers should be good komrades who keep paying in solidarity for the utopian ideal overdue years ago as part of The Process! - SDG Guild

Anyone else remember this? Oh, how times have changed.

The 8-Bit Superstar - To reward our most elite backers, we've created a one of a kind reward tier where you can literally star in your own custom-designed C64/PC shoot em up style video game. We wanted to make sure this reward was all about you, the backer, because that is what it's all about for us. We don't want to run a company where we're the superstars, we want to run a company where YOU are the superstars so this reward is our way of expressing the ultimate level of thanks and gratitude to our most generous backers.

Just so you know, the only game Bruce ever made was a shooter for the C64 which he gave to a friend. He used SEUCK for that, which let kids whip up shooters back in the day. The key word here is "whip," because you don't need any coding skills. Just slap it together and voilà. That's probably what he had in mind with that backer tier, if anything at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom