Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, I had removed the previous iteration, Dungeon of Aledorn, but I was sure that I had put this one in. Good catch.

Aledorn
Release Date: TBA
Turn-based, Party-based, First Person Exploration, Hex Grids, Isometric Combat View

The Ruins of Calaworm
Turn-based, Dungeon Crawler, Single Character, Pixel Graphics, Top Down Camera

Indomitable Blade
Turn-based, Tactical, Party-based, Low Poly 3D Graphics, Isometric

Crossing The Sands
Release Date: April, 2024
First Person, Party-based, Dungeon Crawler, Grid-based Movement, Medieval

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Lol
rcbnIQR.png

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I don't want to play their indie shit too, and it fills up places like Steam so it makes it harder to spot the few good games, and makes gaming look healthier than it really is. If devs are torturing themselves to make these little games, and it makes things worse for gamers, everyone loses. Often they see it like an acceptable loss to make little games that fail, if it's a stepping stone to getting better and making better games that make money. But it could be that the dream of making a big game never comes true, so they would have been better just working a day job. Most bands that ever tried to get anywhere have been through this too. It's not even worth attempting unless you have some godlike ability and even then there's a good chance you wont make it.

notpl

Arbiter
If you measure your success by any metric other than "am I happy that I made this?" then you would indeed be better off spending your effort elsewhere. Ideally in some sort of a mineshaft.

Luzur

Good Sir

fHR473.png

Magic Cauldron - Dungeons​

A classic Pixel Art Dungeon Crawler in the World of Magic Cauldron. The game is still in development and the demo is available now. Stay tuned for news and updates on this project.

LryuDK.png

Gameengine: Godot 4.2
Graphic Editor: Pixaki
Animation Editor: Aseprite
Genre: Turn Based Grid Crawler
Platforms: Windows & Mac (via Steam and Itch.io)

https://manuelschenkgames.itch.io/magic-cauldron-dungeons

Sotomonte

Learned
Added to vaporware section.
Shieldwall Chronicles: Realm of Madness
Turn-based, Party-based, Tactical, Open World, Isometric

What a pity. The game seemed quite interesting and the developer already had another game on Steam.

They were very active on social media and showed many videos about the progress of the development of the game, but... suddenly they disappeared.

08a.gif

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I need to check the whole OP for an update, but while everyone was on holidays, work ripped me a new one. No rest for the wageslaveicked.

What I hope will end up as a great game is now in Early Access. Codex approved by me, and codex developed by DavidBVal :

Archaelund
Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA)
Turn-based, Party-based, First Person Exploration, Isometric Combat Camera, Class-based

Magic Cauldron - Dungeons
Released: TBA
Dungeon Crawler, First Person, Pixel Graphics, Single Character, Turn-based

Hydropunk
Isometric, Action, Single Character, Horror

The Darkness Below
Dungeon Crawler, First Person, Pixel Graphics, Party-based, Turn-based

Last edited:

Spike

Educated
What a pity. The game seemed quite interesting and the developer already had another game on Steam.
One? Five!
View attachment 45364
Apparently these games are pure tactical combat. No story or anything. Although the dev has added some cutscenes and things to spice it up to Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North. Thanks for these, may have a gem of a find on our hands. And several games, to boot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom