Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire Survivors: best $3 ever spent

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Seeing this game and its copy cats always reminds me of those videos and essays talking about developers trying to make video games into digital crack instead of creating something good.
Are you Gunsmith the Crysis guy?
No, I've never heard of him.
Oh, he was on some forum I used to visit and was super good at Crysis.

So much butthurt over a cheap little game. I admit I got a little bored with it after couple days and now launch it only for one or two matches sometimes. I figured the game out on the very first day and it became easy mode where at 10-15 minute mark it becomes obvious I'm in not in any danger of dying until the 30 min mark. That arcana that gives +1% area per level seems to make any build op if taken at the start of the game, and it looks hilarious by the end of it.

Still a bunch of shit left to unlock so I might keep playing from time to time. It's one of those games that is pretty nice to play with sound disabled while going through my music collection.

Last edited:

curds

Magister
I don't understand why people are mad about this game. It's not like it's contributing to the decline of an established, prestigious genre.

It's a simple casual time-waster, and doesn't pretend to be otherwise. It's in a bubble where it doesn't affect more monocled stuff. It's not tainting your favourite games/genres like AssCreed, Fallout 3, Thief 4 or BioShock did, for example.

Curratum

I don't understand why people are mad about this game. It's not like it's contributing to the decline of an established, prestigious genre.

It's a simple casual time-waster, and doesn't pretend to be otherwise. It's in a bubble where it doesn't affect more monocled stuff. It's not tainting your favourite games/genres like AssCreed, Fallout 3, Thief 4 or BioShock did, for example.

Jenkem and Luj are mad about it because the dev hired Jim Sterling, who is now a fat, hideous transwoman, to write the lore texts for the monsters - the same lore text I didn't even realize was in the game 20 hours in, after I read about the codex outrage over it in here.

This is enough for the entire game to be "tranny agenda pushing" and for pea-brained drones like Jenkem and Luj to get mad and stay that way for months.

Fargus

Arcane
Why not hire a normal writer instead of a degenerate fat piece of shit who is not even relevant?

Game is a great time waster for such price. It's just fun to upgrade weapons and see monsters die in thousands. Reminds me of crimsonland.

curds

Magister
Why not hire a normal writer instead of a degenerate fat piece of shit who is not even relevant?
The real question is why hire a writer for this game at all?

The answer to both our questions is likely name/brand recognition.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
this is apparently the tranny lore, which makes me think sterling is a self-hating tranny now:
1666346418346565.png

bought this game to pay for sterling's de-transitioning since he used to be a cool guy

Curratum

It's the same thing with Selaco - Jenken and Co are mad over an ingame poster with purple and blue on it, portraying two girls, and are boycotting the game over it. I'm boycotting Selaco because the gameplay is shit.

For the same reason, I'm enjoying VS because the gameplay is simple fun and experimenting with different builds of weapons and powerups is satisfying.

Sarathiour

Cipher
this is apparently the tranny lore, which makes me think sterling is a self-hating tranny now:
1666346418346565.png

bought this game to pay for sterling's de-transitioning since he used to be a cool guy
How is making fun of Rowling synonymous with hating tranny ? This is typical tranny lore that have nothing to do with game.

Unwanted
You could have said the same about the first popular battle royale game (Battlegrounds?), and here we are, planning a 2022 codex goty poll without good RPGs to vote for.

"It's just horse armor, who cares"

randir14

Augur
1666346418346565.png

Sounds more like a tranny taking a dig at TERFs

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I wish there was a way to make the arcade aspect matter, it's really all about the stats and basic movement economy. The game is either a cakewalk, or impossible (rarely). It's the best when you really struggle to optimize your build through pick-ups, being on the edge of dying the entire time, but it's rarely the case. It's like you have to be lucky for the difficulty to be such as to have a good time.

I should try to play with max curse and all the stat boosts disabled.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
1666346418346565.png

How is making fun of Rowling synonymous with hating tranny ? This is typical tranny lore that have nothing to do with game.
I'm not thinking about Rowling at all when I read that. Maybe I need to go out to Twitter more?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Now that my Steam Deck arrived, I finally had reason to try this game. I had imagined it to be some middle ground between mindless auto-battler and bullet hell shmup, but actually it seems like a game you play with the wiki opened.
Would it actually be something I want to play in the morning in bed, before getting up to work, on a handheld?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom