Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Kickstarter now live!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The heist crew thing made me remember how I never used runners in HBS Shadowrun games other than my game given crew.
Agree. It's a missed opportunity when party RPGs let you fill out your group with fascinating characters who all have custom content or .... randos with no content. My dream game wouldn't let you keep your favorites by your side 24/7 and would encourage mixing it up. (I absolutely adored how Shadow Gambit gave mechanical incentives for bringing in characters you haven't used in a while.)
Expeditions: Rome forced you to mix up and it was infuriating. Certain missions had to be accomplished by your B-team for no particular reason. Would not recommend.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
And the counter is up to funded already...

jCfWhTv.jpeg
Untitled.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
First stretch goal is met (or maybe not, im looking at different currency) now I just hope the next one's are funded because I want that customization

Tyranicon did you expect it to go this fast?
Stretch goals are in USD.

I don't really know what to expect. This is uncharted territory for me. Although judging from the extremely enthusiastic response to the trailer release, I guess I'm not too surprised.
Tyrannicon about to save gaming with vampire tiddies. Congrats on the successful kickstarter :bounce:
One thing I'm fully aware of and dreading a little is if I manage to pull this off, and the game is good, I'll immediately be a public figure in gaming.

Goodbye quiet days of comfortable obscurity.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Goodbye RPG Codex.

You'll vacate these premises, just like Chris Avellone before you (not that it saved him from cancellation).

Eh, I stand by every word I ever wrote here, just like everywhere else I posted. I don't want to be a twitter dev that furiously slings shit and then backpaddles, blocks everyone and hides their account.

I might have less time to post though.

Hookers and cocaine don't do themselves.

Not that I'm getting either with crowdfunding money, ofc.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
One thing I know won't happen ...

"Oh hey, I got 10x my funding goal
That means I can do full voice acting
and
World map will be 10x as large and 10x as dense as originally planned
and
All combat animations and sex animations will be full motion captured
and
Soundtrack by Danny Elfman and the London Philharmonic
AND
AND
AND"

It won't. Right? RIGHT??

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I'm surprised about these goal post choices tbh, they are not that enticing. VA is a decent one for important things (although I'm sure a lot of twitter girls that voice Animations and stuff would work for pittance or just credit from what I've seen). Detailed character customization is meh, should be a secondary or tertiary focus. Followers focus? That's 'I did all the important stuff and can fuck around' focus. Where more C&C, decent erotic art, some gameplay features, something that actually impacts the product in a significant way?

Vincente

Arbiter

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That means I can do full voice acting
He can use codex users for random, BG-esque NPC chatter.

I can do a mean "I SURV DUH FLAMING FIST" on my 5 dollar earbud microphone.
Yeah I've been told my silent glares are top notch voice acting. Tyranicon you can use them for 5$ per use.
No need for glares, every barbarian worth his salt can do Arnold imitation.
Yes, but silent voice acting for 5$ is a top tier bargain dude.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
*glares silently* :argh:

How about that?
It might work on me if you bust down the door to that potion merchant's store over there.

*points*

And take care of the guards. I think I would be sufficiently intimated after that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom