Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

HansDampf

Arcane
Does it matter at this point?

It might be even worse! Somebody on Planet Vampire discovered that HSL is looking for a new Audio Director. A job presumely filled until now by Rik Schaffer and his wife from Bloodlines 1 fame. Are they gone now too?

https://careers.hardsuitlabs.com/jobs/989831-audio-director

They also lack a lead producer and a lead game designer.

tuK9She.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah that's Bloodlines 2

https://careers.hardsuitlabs.com/jobs/978972-lead-game-designer

Previous experience owning, prototyping, iterating on, and implementing and balancing player progression systems on RPG titles is preferred.
Own game economies, cash/loot, and player XP systems from concept to release.
Experience owning, iterating, and tuning game economies, cash/loot, XP, and similar resources.
Understanding of AAA and RPG game development pipelines.
Deep understanding of player psychology and game economics.
Strong knowledge of Blueprints scripting and UE4.

After making such a mess with Bloodlines 2, no way Paradox would trust them to make another RPG before the first one's even out.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
You could ask, but you'd get one of their absolutely professional Community Ambassador replies:

"Disclosing when we're going to disclose information isn't something that I'd do as then it's just disclosing dates all the way down, heh. Aside from that, there's no new information I can give you. Like legit, there's nothing I can tell you right now or we'd be telling you it, heh."

Can't imagine why this drama masquerading as gamedev is a complete PR dumpster fire when the people responsible for getting information for the community is trying a bad poker bluff in text.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
According to my shady gaming-industry contacts, someone working at Paradox recently reported this game as being 'Barely a 7/10', which I'll file under the least surprising revelations of the year.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
According to my shady gaming-industry contacts, someone working at Paradox recently reported this game as being 'Barely a 7/10', which I'll file under the least surprising revelations of the year.
Seems much too generous unless we're talking a 7-10 scale.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
You could ask, but you'd get one of their absolutely professional Community Ambassador replies:

"Disclosing when we're going to disclose information isn't something that I'd do as then it's just disclosing dates all the way down, heh. Aside from that, there's no new information I can give you. Like legit, there's nothing I can tell you right now or we'd be telling you it, heh."

Can't imagine why this drama masquerading as gamedev is a complete PR dumpster fire when the people responsible for getting information for the community is trying a bad poker bluff in text.

Maybe that's the real masquerade here.

So, all in all, this truly is Vtmb. They got even the development hell right.

You wish! At least the previous team had a number of competent people who were good at their jobs. Here, these sorry excuses for human beings are probably still figuring out many genders should be in the game.

Caim

Arcane
Is this person a man or a woman? That can really change the meaning.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Development hell lulz aside, it's actually good news if this game is delayed to late 2021. That's a massive delay and it means Paradox are committed to the game, not just trying to polish and throw it out the window.

And as I've said that makes sense, because Paradox own the World of Darkness IP and they should have a strong interest in not fucking up their first in-house WoD game.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Development hell lulz aside, it's actually good news if this game is delayed to late 2021. That's a massive delay and it means Paradox are committed to the game, not just trying to polish and throw it out the window.
A delay gives them more time to remove Mitsoda's work, you know.

Archibald

Arcane

And as I've said that makes sense, because Paradox own the World of Darkness IP and they should have a strong interest in not fucking up their first in-house WoD game.

Then there is a question of throwing good money after bad. Maybe they should just take an L and rethink their plans, because I see no reason to believe that another year of development would fundamentally change anything.

Eli_Havelock

Learned

Sure, just like Duke Nukem Forever and Daikatana, and a bit of Bloodlines' own history, the only difference is that those had experienced professionals working on them.

A developer can try to polish a turd all they want, but if they don't have the ability then they've basically become the high-budget version of the ubiquitous Kickstarter newbie developers crowdsourcing their education of game design. That is what we're looking at with Hardsuit and we're going to have to lie to ourselves to pretend it's going to get any better: BL2/HDX are already known as a trainwreck and HSL/PDX have been shooting blind since day one.

The hiring pool is going to be slim pickings if they expect their hires to be pure enough but also talented enough to fit the big boy boots and do the job. Since the inclusivity inquisition is thriving in their offices they're going to have to scrape harder than ATLAS (the game, not the company) "Senior" Game Designer Erik Waananen doing the same for Bloodlines 2. From an intern on GW2: Heart of Thorns to Senior Game Designer, quite the promotion!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, "If we'll just keep spending money on it, it'll turn out fine!" isn't going to work. They don't know what they're doing and the people willing to sign up for their low-pay-and-high-turnover company won't know either. Scrap Bloodlines, give Harebrained Schemes a V:TM project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom