Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
From the clan pictures on the website I can extrapolate that
1. Toreador - a space with human comforts, an aesthetically pleasing design along with a fire and a book. Definitely screams Torrie.
2. Ventrue - wealthy and business-like office overseeing Seattle, I don't think it's dubious.
3. Brujah or Gangrel, something that likes bar fights, I'm leaning towards Brujah because their disciplines will be easier to implement.
4. Tremere - blood rituals, old scrolls and formulae.
5. It might be either Nosferatu, Gangrel or Brujah, something shadowy or street-wise. It might also be Lasombra, it's just too vague. Is it a sewer/basement?
6. No idea, too generic. Maybe something lonely.

The last two are done vaguely on purpose imo.

Delterius

Arcane
5. It might be either Nosferatu, Gangrel or Brujah, something shadowy or street-wise. It might also be Lasombra, it's just too vague. Is it a sewer/basement?
I currently speculate this might be malkavian. Yes, it seems like a run down warren in a ruined building. But I'd expect nossies to settle underground. OTOH, it can also seem like a run down sanatorium to me + the scene that happens in the trailer with the tidal wave of blood looks like some kind of malk vision.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I doubt it's Malkavian for practical reasons. They said they have a lot more dialogue than Bloodlines and rerecording a lot of it for specific responses to Malkavian speech patterns isn't cheap. They can also not have a Malkavian PC talking like that, but I'd think they know people will expect that and not doing it wouldn't be a good PR move. The best case scenario is they indeed rerecorded different dialogue, but that's fabulously optimistic.

Ent

Savant
1. Toreador - a space with human comforts, an aesthetically pleasing design along with a fire and a book. Definitely screams Torrie.
2. Ventrue - wealthy and business-like office overseeing Seattle, I don't think it's dubious.
3. Brujah or Gangrel, something that likes bar fights, I'm leaning towards Brujah because their disciplines will be easier to implement.

A lasombra would probably have a corporate type hangout like the ventrue they are essentially the sabbat counterpart to them.

J1M

Arcane

5. is a factory building, that's a window at the end of the hall. Asylum as another poster suggested would make sense. Would be surprised if they didn't add Malkavian. Obviously fun for the writers and something everyone remembers about the first game.
6. is a personal library, books everywhere.

Lacrymas

Arcane
5. is a factory building, that's a window at the end of the hall. Asylum as another poster suggested would make sense. Would be surprised if they didn't add Malkavian. Obviously fun for the writers and something everyone remembers about the first game.
What modern asylum looks like that? It does indeed look like a factory, though, but I'm not sure what that could allude to. Count Orsi had a factory in Redemption, but he was a Ventrue antitribu. Lasombra perhaps?

J1M

Arcane
What modern asylum looks like that? It does indeed look like a factory, though, but I'm not sure what that could allude to. Count Orsi had a factory in Redemption, but he was a Ventrue antitribu. Lasombra perhaps?
I think it looks like an abandoned asylum or maybe a train station.

It's not a factory, because brick factories had massive windows and open spaces to enable sunlight to reach the workstations.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He [Brian Mitsoda] was like: "I wish we weren't both sick"
I added "yeah. If you were well you could baby me and be like 'awww sweetie feel better' & get me tea"
Him: (non-committal noise)

:D :D :D

I'm not making this up, really

You'd think the two of them would be old and wise enough to know that these cons spread sickness like wildfire and there are steps you can take to reduce your chances of coming down with something.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If the guys at Hardsuit have half a brain between them, they'll release the Malkavians later as free DLC. They're the most fun, but everyone knows they're the wrong clan for your first playthrough, so it makes the most sense to launch them later.

Delterius

Arcane
He [Brian Mitsoda] was like: "I wish we weren't both sick"
I added "yeah. If you were well you could baby me and be like 'awww sweetie feel better' & get me tea"
Him: (non-committal noise)

:D :D :D

I'm not making this up, really

You'd think the two of them would be old and wise enough to know that these cons spread sickness like wildfire and there are steps you can take to reduce your chances of coming down with something.
pretty sure brian hasn't been out of his home in 10 years

nor seen sunlight

frajaq

Erudite
Can Brujahs be pro-Camarilla? I know that in the game they could since your sire doesn't influence your "uprising" much but...

Herumor

Scholar
Well, they (Paradox/Hardsuit Labs) did mention in several interviews that more clans will be patched into the game as time goes on and they will never charge for it. The question remains: will being of a different clan have any actual significance to it or will it be something mentioned offhandedly in occasional bits of dialogue? The amount of work they'd have to put into implementing every Clan's signature Discipline makes me doubtful it's going to be the former.

Deleted Member 16721

The game is supposed to be very reactive and have lots of alternate paths, so I would imagine each clan males a big difference.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
*massive butthurt*
Teacup: "Answer the question! Answer the question! I want to slam you! Answer the question!!!!

giphy.gif

Waaaaaa!!!!!"

See kids, this is why you don't go into a battle of wits unarmed.
You're only proving my point that you're a retard. Also, since when is the answer to any debate to not answer a question, and do all you can to avoid it?
You're akin to an SJW, who refuse to answer basic questions because you know you can't to any appreciable degree.
What debate? The initial question was whether you knew the meaning of the word "romance", which you comprehensively answered (i.e., you haven't the faintest idea). Anything else is superfluous to that. It is amusing that you are so butthurt about that admission that you are still trying to change the topic pages after the fact.
Lol, in which case I asked you to answer what you consider to be romance, since apparently you're defacto right, and yet you've done all you can to avoid ever answering such a simple question. And you continue to bring it up even now, long after the fact, as if you've somehow "won" by refusing to ever answer something you apparently know the objective answer to.
hqdefault.jpg

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
https://www.pcgamer.com/time-to-speculate-about-vampire-the-masqueradebloodlines-2s-clans/

Time to speculate about Vampire: The Masquerade—Bloodlines 2's clans
Punching and wizards are covered.

ezk8CRFmSEmoW6okErJt7G-320-80.jpg

Vampire: The Masquerade—Bloodlines makes you pick a vampire clan, this game-defining choice, before they've even introduced themselves, but its sequel promises to give you a bit more time to make this huge decision. Bloodlines 2will let you pick from five clans, but at the start, you're just a fledgling thin-blood vampire without any mates.

The delayed choice gives players time to "understand what a clan means so they can make more informed choices," explains Andy Kipling, Hardsuit Labs CEO. "Rather than making a decision up-front and getting 30 minutes into the game and going "Damn I wish I'd chosen something else'".

But what clans will we be able to choose? So far, Paradox and Hardsuit Labs are keeping the list to themselves, but there are hints.

"We wanted to pick those clans that deliver a clear player fantasy," says Christian Schlütter, lead producer. "If I'm someone who just likes to punch people in the face, we have a clan for you. If I'm someone that ... in a normal roleplaying game, would play a wizard or something, we also have a clan for that."

Punching and wizards. The last one immediately calls to mind the Tremere, a clan of mages that became vampires in an mystic ritual. They're one of the top dogs in the modern era, and while all the clans have preternatural abilities, the Tremere are the really the only ones you'd call wizards.

As for punching, both the Brujah and the Gangrel seem like good candidates. The Gangrel aren't really into cities—they're a bit feral—but Seattle is pretty close to loads of trees, right? I'm sure they'd be fine. The rebellious Brujah seem like a much better fit for Seattle, though. Between punches, they could help Amazon workers unionise.

No Malkavian hints were dropped, but I'm still holding out hope for the best clan. In the original Bloodlines, the Malkavian dialogue and insight transform the game and pull back the curtain a little bit—it's excellent second playthrough material and hopefully will be again. We do know that you'll need to play with different clans to see everything in Bloodlines 2.

Check out the latest issue of the PC Gamer magazine to read more from our interview with Paradox and Hardsuit Labs, out this Thursday in the UK.
I doubt there will be any clans with significant tells as to their demeanor or appearances, such as the malkavians, the nosferatu, or the salubri. Since clan focused is delayed and an actual choice, rather than one forced upon you, storywise, they chooseable clans must be those that have a minimal to no effect on appearance.
Ironic, considering the theme of some of the vampires in vtmb.
latest

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom