Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Raziel

Educated
Can Brujahs be pro-Camarilla

brujah are one of the 7 core camarilla clans dude
The vast majority of Brujah and Gangrel left Camarilla in v5. I've also heard that Camarilla has lost a lot of power for other reasons. Tremere were almost killed off and Camarilla has formally closed their doors to the Anarchs, which means they're truly on their own now.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

The vast majority of Brujah and Gangrel left Camarilla in v5. I've also heard that Camarilla has lost a lot of power for other reasons. Tremere were almost killed off and Camarilla has formally closed their doors to the Anarchs, which means they're truly on their own now.
Can't we just consider V5, non canon?

Wesp5

Arcane
maybe they already know that we can side with sabbat in bloodlines 2 and assumed we could do so in the first game as well?

You could indeed side with the Sabbat in Bloodlines playing the Unofficial Patch plus, and this was enhanced much in Clan Quest Mod 4.0, where you got a whole new Sabbat questline on a new hub!

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

in V5

unsure why relevant
Because V5 is the basis of the game and was developed directly relating to it, for that expressed purpose.

Can't we just consider V5, non canon?
I really wish, but Paradox remains adamant.
Well, they (Paradox/Hardsuit Labs) did mention in several interviews that more clans will be patched into the game as time goes on and they will never charge for it. The question remains: will being of a different clan have any actual significance to it or will it be something mentioned offhandedly in occasional bits of dialogue? The amount of work they'd have to put into implementing every Clan's signature Discipline makes me doubtful it's going to be the former.
If a clan is something that can easily be patched in post-release, for free no less, it's incredibly unlikely that the choice of clan is anything but a thin veneer. Proper integration and expression of each clan would be a time-consuming and relatively expensive process, especially as you interact with other members of the same clan, since it would involve recording new lines, etc.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Vatnik Wumao
I have said it before, clan choice is going to boil down to "which part of the discipline tree you want to unlock?" There will not be any in depth interaction with your clan. Most of the interaction will probably be faction based (Cammie, Sabbat, etc).

Zer0wing

Cipher
This game is going to have more Soy than a brazilian plantation
Soy is one of the main agricultural export of United States, produced by hipster farmers who work off credit corvee this way. (at least to Chinkland and Eurosovok) What do you expect? :lol:

I guess they had to export the unsold soy by some another way. :smug:
That why so many american titles are so soy-infused nowadays...
:negative:

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
asm.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyway, I don't think anybody from Paradox or Hardsuit was at PAX East, right?

We might have to wait until E3 in June to see gameplay.

Wesp5

Arcane
I have said it before, clan choice is going to boil down to "which part of the discipline tree you want to unlock?" There will not be any in depth interaction with your clan. Most of the interaction will probably be faction based (Cammie, Sabbat, etc).

To be honest, this wasn't much better in Bloodlines. Except for the Nosferatu, who got a lot of funny reactions from NPCs, and the Malkavians, who had their dialogues with the Stop sign and the TV, the other clans didn't get anything special except the occassional dedicated answers. The structure of the dialogue files shows that Troika reserved space for unique lines for all clans but they obviously never had the time to implement them. Also only Tremere and Nosferatu got a special haven, but this might be different in Bloodlines 2 if the pictures on the Paradoy site are indeed related to the clan haven and not just some random pictures that relate to the clans...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom