Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Lambach Wunderbar
754vvq.jpg

I'd actually really like to see a game so bad that a guy from a studio respobsible for Ghost Recon: Wildlands thought it needed to be nuked and re-made from scratch.

It may have been "The Room" of video-games. :M
You wish. Whatever one may say about "The Room" it IS known for something. The something is how bad it was but it still is something. Most bad movies or games are just "as bad" without the "... to be good" part and are easily forgotten.

he really does look like the classic late 80's early 90's game developer guy who you'd find on the inside of instruction book thanking you for purchasing his RPG game "hallways and goblins" which is totally not just another dungeon master clone
Brilliant title! Can i use it for my new dungeon crawler (that i will never make)? I'll give you 120% of all profits!

Delterius

Arcane
When I pre-ordered this game seventeen thousand times so long ago I didn't expect anything more than a standard money laundering operation. But now it turns out I was hedging against inflation. Help me the key resellers are sending assassins after me.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
You wish. Whatever one may say about "The Room" it IS known for something. The something is how bad it was but it still is something. Most bad movies or games are just "as bad" without the "... to be good" part and are easily forgotten.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect Bloodlines 2 to be a perfectly serviceable, playable, yet completely forgettable, bland, painfully mediocre piece of entertainment once it eventually gets released, probably during the early 30's of this century or so.

You could tell it was never going to be actually good simply because of the source material it was based on, and now you can tell it's not going to be "The Room" of vidya either, because the Suits are in direct charge of production, so off to that "neither good nor bad enough to be remembered 6 months after release" No-Man's-Land it goes.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Are you saying the source material isn’t good?

I personally hate V5, both lore-wise and in terms of mechanics. Caine knows the previous editions had problems upon problems of their own, more and more of them as the years went on and WhiteWolf kept piling on one ridiculous splatbook on top of another, but the core of the game was rock-solid. It was a good idea to clean up a lot of the ridiculously overbloated metaplot in the (not-so-)soft reboot like V5, but far too many things were changed that should not have been, and in very dumb ways to boot.

Obviously YMMV if you actually like V5. :M

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Are you saying the source material isn’t good?

I personally hate V5, both lore-wise and in terms of mechanics. Caine knows the previous editions had problems upon problems of their own, more and more of them as the years went on and WhiteWolf kept piling on one ridiculous splatbook on top of another, but the core of the game was rock-solid. It was a good idea to clean up a lot of the ridiculously overbloated metaplot in the (not-so-)soft reboot like V5, but far too many things were changed that should not have been, and in very dumb ways to boot.

Obviously YMMV if you actually like V5. :M
I'm rather fond of V5s mechanics, and been warming up to it lorewise. Lots of it remains stoopa (ekhem, Rudi, ekhem), but a skilled Storyteller can do nice things with it.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I'm rather fond of V5s mechanics, and been warming up to it lorewise.
What do you think of The Beckoning?
It is, ultimately, intended as a crutch for WoD to get out of the tight spot they wrote themselves into. I've always been saying: the meat of the setting is in the politicking of the Elders and the Ancillae, so make the Cainedamned Ancillae the default starting PCs. WoD decided to keep the default as Neonates or even Fledglings, but largely removed the Elders, so now the Ancillae step into their role, and Neonates into that of the Ancillae. Inelegant, but makes the chronicles focus on the good stuff - the politicking.

As Fortune would have it, it doesn't affect all the Elders equally, so places where the old power structures remain intact are completely feasible.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I'm rather fond of V5s mechanics, and been warming up to it lorewise.
What do you think of The Beckoning?
It is, ultimately, intended as a crutch for WoD to get out of the tight spot they wrote themselves into. I've always been saying: the meat of the setting is in the politicking of the Elders and the Ancillae, so make the Cainedamned Ancillae the default starting PCs. WoD decided to keep the default as Neonates or even Fledglings, but largely removed the Elders, so now the Ancillae step into their role, and Neonates into that of the Ancillae. Inelegant, but makes the chronicles focus on the good stuff - the politicking.

As Fortune would have it, it doesn't affect all the Elders equally, so places where the old power structures remain intact are completely feasible.
Have you considered playing a game that actually suits your tastes out of the box? Like Urban Shadows?

Semiurge

Cipher
Why is it that the original Bloodlines draws so many lazy and untalented modders to its embrace?

Do not gaze into the nexusmods "Models & Textures" section. The only decent attempt is this model replacer for brujah, but I wonder if the author photosourced the face from somewhere. It's unusually good.

c7QQiQW.jpg

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
If you wanna to buy any woke game, at least pay in Turkish

As a peasant who lives in that shit-hole, I'm crying in Turkish :( Game prices are a joke; in example, latest Call of Duty is more than 900 Liras! In any normal country you can buy a good mid-range PC with 900 monetary unit.

Vincente

Arbiter
If you wanna to buy any woke game, at least pay in Turkish

As a peasant who lives in that shit-hole, I'm crying in Turkish :( Game prices are a joke; in example, latest Call of Duty is more than 900 Liras! In any normal country you can buy a good mid-range PC with 900 monetary unit.
Based Erdoğan stopping gamers country wide from playing the latest CoDslop

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom