Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

That... Doesn't really say much about how the game supposedly "looks" right now.

Of course not, it wasn’t intended to be the official “here’s how Bloodlines 2 looks right now.” It was vague enough to be anything hence why they were probably okay with putting it in a video promoting themselves or some sort of “blink and you’ll miss it“ tease even though they really shouldn’t have included it in.

Last edited:
Of course not, it wasn’t intended to be the official “here’s how Bloodlines 2 looks right now.” It was vague enough to be anything hence why they were probably okay with putting it in a video promoting themselves or some sort of “blink and you’ll miss it“ tease even though they really shouldn’t have included it in.
Yeah, but that's not my point.
I wasn't complaining that it's too little of a tease to be satisfied with it.
I was literally pointing to Roguey that you can't form even the most vague idea about how the game looks by that glimpse.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, but that's not my point.
I wasn't complaining that it's too little of a tease to be satisfied with it.
I was literally pointing to Roguey that you can't form even the most vague idea about how the game looks by that glimpse.
They're using their own similar yet different UI which is the biggest difference between the two.

Semiurge

Cipher
That... Doesn't really say much about how the game supposedly "looks" right now.

I'm confident that their version still has that awesomebutton design. Environments obviously designed around contextual character powers, such as the mist one. No freedom of exploration or a sense of discovery, or even that comfortable familiarity. This will be a safe, inoffensive product, made by the numbers. Every single creative under the age 35 in the game development racket has a diploma granted by the ever-churning marxist assembly lines. They're like parrots taught one sentence: "this is problematic". All indoctrinated to be as uncreative as possible.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm confident that their version still has that awesomebutton design. Environments obviously designed around contextual character powers, such as the mist one. No freedom of exploration or a sense of discovery, or even that comfortable familiarity. This will be a safe, inoffensive product, made by the numbers. Every single creative under the age 35 in the game development racket has a diploma granted by the ever-churning marxist assembly lines. They're like parrots taught one sentence: "this is problematic".
They're probably going to abandon the special-case traversal crap altogether, they don't have the luxury of messing around with ambitious features.

Wesp5

Arcane
They're probably going to abandon the special-case traversal crap altogether, they don't have the luxury of messing around with ambitious features.

I really hope so! I still suspect that this was one of the things that broke the HSL version of the game. Rremember them suddenly announcing that the player would have all three of them? Probably because they couldn't create three transitional options in every location. Also looking at the right screen in that video, the one with the motorcycle, I'm kind of dissappointed with the window frames of the buildings. They look really flat to me...

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

I really hope so! I still suspect that this was one of the things that broke the HSL version of the game. Rremember them suddenly announcing that the player would have all three of them? Probably because they couldn't create three transitional options in every location. Also looking at the right screen in that video, the one with the motorcycle, I'm kind of dissappointed with the window frames of the buildings. They look really flat to me...
When you have unique traversal methods, the go to design is Meteoroid and its unlockables. However, this only works if the player will eventually unlock all possible ways to move.
The alternative is what RPGs do with quest and dialogue design, where you have one way for a Bluff character to pass, another way for a fighter character to pass, another way for a stealth character to pass, etc. This is just harder design, and more work. That's why I thought they shifted to everyone-gets-everything design.

Wesp5

Arcane
The alternative is what RPGs do with quest and dialogue design, where you have one way for a Bluff character to pass, another way for a fighter character to pass, another way for a stealth character to pass, etc.

The problem is that they would have to provide these options as well, otherwise I wouldn't be true to Bloodlines, and with the three thinblood powers they would need to implement like 6 options for each situation!

The President

Educated
Yeah that screen with the motorcycle does look much lower quality than the 2019 demo, that is a bit disappointing.

Assuming they kept the thinblood disciplines at all, I would imagine they'll get rid of the traversal. Though I do wonder as I was told in the old game they buffed the old thinblood powers (especially in combat) because of a few fights with vampires in the mid game that were apparently too difficult for a few of the clans.

Old Hans

Arcane
The guy with the headphones on has serious soy face.
Devs are pretty boys, complain that they aren't true nerds.
Devs are pretty girls, complain they are whores who just got the job by sucking dick.
Devs are fat girls, complain they are SJW liberast plants.
Devs are bald guys, complain they are too soy.

Just say you want AI generated games already.
This is the ideal game developer body. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.
1788497-scotteverts-portrait-fnv.jpg
he really does look like the classic late 80's early 90's game developer guy who you'd find on the inside of instruction book thanking you for purchasing his RPG game "hallways and goblins" which is totally not just another dungeon master clone

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah that screen with the motorcycle does look much lower quality than the 2019 demo, that is a bit disappointing.
While both are works in progress, one was deliberately constructed for a public audience and the other was not. :M

Wunderbar

Arcane
Just say you want AI generated games already.

IIRC, the new director for Bloodlines 2 is some former Ubisoft guy, so we're probably getting an AI-generated game whether we want to or not. :M
that guy was only hired to assess the situation. He did his job, said "this shit is unsalvageable", and bailed.
After that Paradox hired The Chinese Room (?) to make a new game from scratch.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

RagingNomad

Educated
Several leakers said that there will be Xbox event in early 2023. And they said that event will be focused on already announced games. So, maybe PDX will say something?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom