Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Prime Junta

Anarch leader: crazy charismatic coolbro who saves your life and teaches you how to throw a punch

Camarilla leader: pompous shorty with a Napoleon complex and delusions of grandeur, who bribes and Dominates you and loves asskissing

never even mind the secondary characters

the only REMOTELY likeable Camarilla is the Tremere primogen, and he’s one spooky fucker, whereas there are cool/relatable/likeable Anarchs all over the place

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
the dominate being also something the anarchs could do something against, but don't bother with. neonate being FORCED into serving as a disposable asset for some camarilla pencil pusher? why bother, let's make him run errants like cleaning the streets from a kindred end time cult as "tribute". wow, truly they are striving towards a workers paradise.

Lambach

Arcane
The point is that this is not some complex topic. Bloodlines and especially vampire in general has ALWAYS been more on the lefty/SJW side of things and you getting told this over and over again is simply the result of it being TRUE.

I'd hardly call the early-mid nineties White Wolf material, Vampire included, lefty/SJW. That is not true, it has never been true, it will never be true no matter how many times you copy-paste the exact same screenshots and post the exact same debunked arguments.

Nobody is claiming that it was ever some ultra-conservative/fascist/whatever wet dream, there has always been faggotry, gender-bending, anti-traditionalist themes etc. but nothing in the original Core Books comes even close to what your average woke game devs shovel in their games nowadays.

Same with Bloodlines - the game is obviously skewed towards the commie-sympathizing Anarchs, but if you take a look at what others say about them and how they got into the situation they're in now, it's pretty clear that they're being portrayed as well-meaning complete idiots.

Are you honestly telling me you trust the likes of nu-Mitsoda and Cara Elison to do a similar job of at least trying to look at their pozzed ideology from a standpoint of someone who isn't an insufferable douchebag like they are? Do you think that they're even capable of it, even if they are willing to try, given that they've been living in this impenetrable bubble of groupthink for years and years now?

Writers write what they know, and judging by both Mitsoda's more recent works and Cara's entire "opus", they know literally nothing other than pure, unbridled Tumbrl-tier wokeness.

Dexter

Arcane
so far we have non linear hub exploration, deus ex inspiration, conservation of character sheet mechanics, multiple ways to solve quests through violence and dialogue skills, a reactive troika character background scheme, rick schaffer's return as the composer and so on

but instead of calling attention to these factors and trying to mine the previews for tidbits of info you've got almost exclusively bullshit about discord tranny mental issues by newfags and shitposters and incredibly long diatribes about how the slight inclusion of politics in anything ever leads to the death of entertainment
Maybe the developers and PR people should have been calling attention to these factors since they had full power of how they wanted to frame their announcement and what people would be talking about, they could have started by not withholding any sort of gameplay or going into depth about any of these game mechanics or systems, instead they went with broad interviews with various publications like Kotaku, RPS, VG24/7 and some others along with a cringy Livestream about how political it is going to be, how they're "taking sides", that they're "punching up, not down", how great the choices of pronouns are going to be at character creation and how the prequel was actually "problematic and times have moved on". Just an idea for next launch window.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Now, if this game wishes to be political, I wish it to go all the way, I'm against half measures. If I could play as a feminist vampire, I would go to the nearest bar where English lit students or game developers go and I would approach one, then I would cry on his shoulder how the world oppress me and only him can save me from this terrible evil world. I would find someone for him to pick a fight with, probably some other game developer too so he has a chance to win and say "Oh, dear, go there, that guy is really annoying me, I even think he is a nazi, can you punch him for me?"

Of course, he knows fuck all about fighting so he will be there hugging and trying to fruitlessly punch the other guy while his blood get very tasty full of rage (Now this is a pretty good opportunity to include the blood seasoning system) and if he is losing, I could used some domination on the other developer guy to help a bit (nice stat checks are good on RPGs)... then my champion would return and I will say how great he is, his blood getting even more tasty with all those repressed male feminist horny thoughts.

I would have to decide, to use him as a useful ghoul pet, the advantage being I could milk his blood for longer and earn all his money on expensive gifts or to drink his blood and dispose of his body on the nearest dumpster (this being the humane option but not as lucrative). You know, feminists would feel empowered and feel immersed as the game is allowing them to roleplay as themselves and I would get a ton of laughs from beta game developers and writers, we all would win, despite political affiliation.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
And do you honestly think that it will be "slight inclusion"?
I do not know. I don't know anything about this game other than its purported design guidelines, one of which points to SJWism and all others pointing to a list of hard mechanics championed by the Codex since the times of VD's dictatorship back in 1982.

If all the whole SJW thing amounts to is a couple of thinblood gays in a degenerate nightclub of seattle, then I don't care and neither should anyone if all the other promises regards to quest and world design are fulfilled.

But of course, that won't stop /pol/tards from reeing about discord trannies.
Ohhhh come on mate,we all know it won't be a bunch of thincucks faggots in a bar when you have hard core sjws writing the game and saying that social shit will be the center of the game. And what hard core codexian mechanics are you talking about? To me it looks like a fucking dumbing down,the no clan shit just points out that you will have a generic tree and one or two different disciplines once you "join" a clan. It just lacks all the uniqueness of Bloodlines's clan selection.

In the end i will be fair to the game if/once it comes out. If it is a good game i will be happy,but i am very very sceptical about it. Oh,and why are you constantly bringing up all that chan shit? Only social interaction site i use is the codex,thus i don't give a two flying fucks about what other people say about x game.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
'd hardly call the early-mid nineties White Wolf material, Vampire included, lefty/SJW. That is not true, it has never been true, it will never be true
if you are gonna debunk me then actually justify it somehow instead of just stomping your feet

Are you honestly telling me you trust the likes of nu-Mitsoda and Cara Elison to do a similar job of at least trying to look at their pozzed ideology from a standpoint of someone who isn't an insufferable douchebag like they are? Do you think that they're even capable of it, even if they are willing to try, given that they've been living in this impenetrable bubble of groupthink for years and years now?
meme buzzwords
I don't know what mitsoda can do these days, all I am arguing for is that the retarded muh sjws infesting vampire ethos is out of place

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Anarch leader: crazy charismatic coolbro who saves your life and teaches you how to throw a punch

Camarilla leader: pompous shorty with a Napoleon complex and delusions of grandeur, who bribes and Dominates you and loves asskissing

never even mind the secondary characters

the only REMOTELY likeable Camarilla is the Tremere primogen, and he’s one spooky fucker, whereas there are cool/relatable/likeable Anarchs all over the place
That is why i always go for his ending,just put it in a fucking storage! Would love to see an episode of storage wars where they open it up :lol:.

Lambach

Arcane
if you are gonna debunk me then actually justify it somehow instead of just stomping your feet

Read a book, nigger.

No, seriously, open the first Edition of VtM Core Rulebook and read it. Boom, debunked.

I don't know what mitsoda can do these days, all I am arguing for is that the retarded muh sjws infesting vampire ethos is out of place

See above.

Dexter

Arcane
Maybe the developers and PR people should have been calling attention to these factors
how the fuck do you think I know about any of these things if they didn't talk about them in the selfsame interviews you like to pretend were all about sjws?
Can you go into detail of how the "non linear hub exploration" is going to function? Or how the "character sheet mechanics, multiple ways to solve quests" are going to work? Do you know anything more about them and can you explain them in a more detailed way other than throwing them out as general blurbs that were sprayed about various interviews? I feel like there's more information about how the character creator is going to be allowing people to change body type, gender and pronouns than anything they've communicated about how stats or character sheets are going to work.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
No, seriously, open the first Edition of VtM Core Rulebook and read it. Boom, debunked.
I only use revised and 20th ed.(plus assorted dark ages stuff)

Are those okay?

I'm also busy but I can like prepare after deadlines and we can have a go at the argument again if(when) it comes up again.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2
Announcement
Seattle looks pretty beautiful in-game
While the first Bloodlines was based in LA - Bloodlines 2 has moved to modern day Seattle. Who is looking forward to exploring the city?

b0774d29b65f51e701331dbce1b388b5793d66c7.jpg

ce7bfa3b50a1aca1b814541d4fbd34e5ec0b23a5.jpg

2nd screenshot looks fresh

Lambach

Arcane
I only use revised and 20th ed.(plus assorted dark ages stuff)

Yikes.

I'm also busy but I can like prepare after deadlines and we can have a go at the argument again if(when) it comes up again.

I'd love to, but there are still people I haven't called RetardEra trannies yet, so I'll be busy in the foreseeable future.

Delterius

Arcane
Can you go into detail of how the "non linear hub exploration" is going to function?
Instead of being locked out of later hubs, we are going to be able to explore them all from the getgo.
Or how the "character sheet mechanics, multiple ways to solve quests" are going to work?
We know that character progression hasn't been axed from the game a la Dishonored via the examples we've been given. Social skills remain broken in a number different competencies, like Bloodlines 1. And Firearms, though of a more limited use than before remains a skills. Further, Mitsoda said that character progression remains in the game and the one milennial haircut girl everyone hates for fuck all reasons said that PnP and Bloodlines2 mechanics were developed in tandem. An example of which is the Resonance mechanic and its specific merit bonuses.

Do you know anything more about them and can you explain them in a more detailed way other than throwing them out as general blurbs that were sprayed about various interviews?
Do you know any quests or sidequests and any real examples of the game's writing that aren't general blurbs from interviews?
I feel like there's more information about how the character creator is going to be allowing to change body type, gender and pronouns than anything they've communicated about how stats or character sheets are going to work.
Interesting. So, 'You can pick a pronoun' is somehow more than 'For an example, you can pick your employment history. You can go for something more generic, like just a coffee shop barista or something more specific, like being a cop. In that case, people recognize you in the police station'

I know you didn't ask about the troika background reactivity, but I don't think you care that much about games you don't play anyway.

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Brian "Annie's slipper" Mitsoda said:
Why bring the World of Darkness to Seattle? Seattle has always attracted pioneers, artists, and opportunists — some dreamers, some criminals, sometimes both. In the 21st century, it’s a city whose identity is constantly struggling to retain its legacy and define its future. It’s a city of artists and craftsman, but also home to some of the biggest corporations in the world. It’s a conflict between the old and new, the weird and the wealthy, and an ideal setting for Vampire: The Masquerade. Bloodlines 2 is a reflection of modern Seattle and within it we’ve built a rich mythology based on the city’s history and present, filtered through the lens of the World of Darkness. You will stalk these streets, you will meet its power players, and you will claw and charm your way into the inner circle of Kindred society.
What he really meant is this:

He accidentally told the truth and because of this he was forced to write this piece.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
yet its no coincidence that this thread went to shit when a bunch of alts who either joined recently or seem to be exclusive posters of the GG thread started reacting to the 2 retarded things that the developers have said so far out of a bunch of praiseworthy bullet points that would have caused this forum to blow its collective load with expectation back in the dark ages of 2009

Plenty of long-time posters took issue with those quotes and considering that said quotes were from the lead writers' mouths vs. the marketing boilerplate bullet points, it's not a huge shock people are giving them significant weight.
The Codex has a long standing tradition of taking in refugees. Used to be they came with TES or BioWare releases, nowadays we've been in the Eternal September for years now. Yes, like I said there are misgivings and hopes being voices by a minority of poster. And also like I said, it is always in dangerous of being drowned out by fixture shitposters from GD and a deluge of newfags.

Also, no I am not quoting marketing boilerplates, but the other stuff that development leads are also talking about.

Deus Ex inspired map design,

Troika background reactivity,

No quest arrows,

Character Sheets,

and so on

Of these things, no quest arrows is just about the ONLY thing I don't see as baseline minimum requirements for an RPG purporting to be even a spiritual sequel to Bloodlines. They aren't getting as much attention because of that fact. Codex hysteria aside, it can't honestly be a surprise to you that the quotes that are both denigrating the original's take on things and talking about how much better the sequel is going to be from an inclusivity standpoint are garnering the majority of the attention. Once we get some actual gameplay footage, maybe we can debate that instead.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
It is naive to put so much weight behind what they say when there is no hard footage to back it up.

Because developers have never bullshitted about these kinds of things in the past, right fantadomat?
Rate my post negatively again and i'll be forced to call you mean names over the internet.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

At this point I have to say I’m feeling slightly less despondent about the game. Maybe it’s the possibility of just maybe getting to diablerise Jeff Bezos.

Or it could be the beer I just had.

It’s probably the beer.

Reddit said:
So according to this dandy lil interview with the developers we have some confirmation of the new Thin-Blood disciplines.

Basically every kindred can run faster, hit harder, jump higher, basically extra strengh and stamina and all that jazz. The developer is quoted as saying there's a "ton" of new combat and movement abilities. Take that as ya will.

• Corocoren (sp?) Chiropteran: Bat based/themed discipline, allows for gliding, flight and bridging large gaps and distances.

• Nebulation: Mist based/themed discipline which allows you to turn into a partial mist, where in the lower levels you're basically an immaterial cloud where projectiles and other objects just go right through you, you can be sucked up by vents and fans, pass through grates, etc.

• Mentalism: basically telekinesis, think this was shown off in the trailer, starting off it's basically that and later on you can affect and move larger objects.
Keep in mind they've said they have more in the works which gets me mighty excited, the creativity and different applications of all the different disciplines is honestly one of my fave aspects of white wolf games!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom