Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapourware Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - vaporware VTMB sequel from Paradox Interactive

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by vortex, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Hey man, keep it together. There are enough games produced before... oh let's say 2015... to last you your lifetime. And that's not including replays.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Of course we consider it plebian. But if you come to us and the payment you offer is good...

^ Top  
  3. daveyarsegallant Magister Wumao

daveyarsegallant
    TLDR: Sour grapes

• retadred x 5
    • butthurt x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Yeah, sure, working as a writer on a shithole shovelware factory like Hard Suit Labs seems like a dream coming true right now.

• Funny Funny x 7
    ^ Top  
  5. Nutria Cipher Patron

Nutria
    Strap Yourselves In
    I just wanted a happy ending that involved me fucking the asian chick. Getting killed by her is still so worth it though.

• Someone has issues x 2
    • Excited! x 2
    • decline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    What asian chick? Ming Xiao? That might involve more tentacles than you are confortable with.

• Excited! x 6
    • Funny x 3
    • incline x 3
    • nice x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Sweeper Unwanted Zionist Agent

Unwanted
    If there is one downside to VtMB, it's that you can't play as a vampire hunter.
    And I don't give a fuck if the game's called Vampire or if hunters are also unplayable in pen & paper.
    I WANNA DRIVE MOTHERFUCKING STAKES THROUGH MOTHERFUCKING VAMPIRE HEARTS GODDAMN IT!

• Bro, do you even lift? x 2
    • Racist x 2
    • Deus Vult x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Vincente Scholar

Vincente
    Wesp5 's mod Prequel lets you play as a vampire hunter, and if that doesnt satisfy you, you can play as a Dante-traced Hunter in Hunter the Vigil.

[​IMG]

• incline incline x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Sweeper Unwanted Zionist Agent

Unwanted
    I ain't a big mod guy, but I'll definitely try that one out when I inevitably install VtMB again.
    After I'm done with Underrail and PFKM...
    Show Spoiler
    :negative:

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Caim Arcane

Caim
    I prefer to play as a Frank or Dee Reynolds-traced Hunter in Hunter: The Vigil. The "main" city of Vigil is Philadelphia, after all.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    ^ Top  
  11. Mexi Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Sad Loser

Mexi
    Is this why modern gaming's writing is so bad compared to oldschool games? It's just a bouncing around of narrative failures that go from one game to the next... and nothing gets improved, no one learns anything, everything just stays stagnant or declines.

It's always hilarious that these narrative leads (who have several thousands of titles mid-senior-level-senior-graphic novel writer, low-senior-senior-upper-managementmanegementaldjsljfsa writer) are always the first people axed. Sad that Mitsoda put his gloves in with that narrative team. The dude actually has talent, but he's getting treated like the rest of those hacks.

• Yes Yes x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    This applies to a lot more than video game writing. People prioritizing hiring friends or friends of friends is how so many companies are full of professional failures.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Balanced Balanced x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    She's got a speaking role, I assume.

^ Top  
  14. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Some mysteries are better left unraveled, lest they unravel your mind.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Kleptocratic debt serf Scholar

Kleptocratic debt serf
    How about a causally casual retard? Still smashable at that level of retard, who knows the D may even cure the tard... Unless said female is a Danger Hair or landwhale, no hope there.

BTW, any news on the next dev, did I miss that or is PDX still searching?

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    :updatedmytxt:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You mean, Bloodlines 2 writing will have a quality of lovecraftian forbidden knowledge to it?
    Impressive!

• nice nice x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Flying Dutchman Learned

Flying Dutchman
    Was going to make a shitty Star Wars joke about the Paradox situation:

Hopeful Bloodlines 2 player: Is it possible to make Bloodlines 2?
    Palpatine: Not from a Jedi/Hardsuit.

Yeah, lame, ha ha but while looking for the exact quote, got distracted by how actually shitty the extracted dialogue from Revenge of the Sith was:

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Chancellor.
    Anakin Skywalker: Are you all right?
    Chancellor Palpatine: [looking behind them] Count Dooku. [Maybe he was just expressing he needed to go to the bathroom.]
    Obi-Wan: This time, we'll do it together. [Wait till Padme finds out about this Jedi on Jedi action]
    Anakin: I was about to say that. [Dialogue that does not move the plot forward should be cut?]
    Palpatine: Get help. You're no match for him, he's a Sith Lord.
    Obi-Wan: [turns and smiles] Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our speciality. [We've fought so many and my mentor got killed by one! Our track record is great!]
    Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
    Obi-Wan: You won't get away this time, Dooku. [I can't believe I'm saying "Dooku." Also, Dooku isn't trying to get away...?]
    Dooku: I've been looking forward to this. [This = Christopher Lee's paycheck, and I'm outta here!]
    Anakin: My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count. [Anakin is so good at math with metric-based powers like the Force!]
    Dooku: Good. Twice the pride, double the fall. [Food commercial vibes.]

Jesussssss Christ.

Anyway back to the topic: There's been reports "half the studio" that is Hardsuit got laid off, but only saw the writers and producer.

• WTF am I reading x 4
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • meh x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    The janitors are probably unionized and get to stay.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Flying Dutchman Learned

Flying Dutchman
    I think the janitors were already laid off when COVID started and there was no reason for anyone to clean their offices.

Although, if Hardsuit rents office space (?), they probably don't hire their own janitor, so strangely, the janitors actually have more job security than most Hardsuit employees.

• honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Spacer's Nugget Educated Patron

Spacer's Nugget
    Strap Yourselves In
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 24
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 6
    • Creative Creative x 6
    • nice nice x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Semiurge Liturgist

Semiurge
    The "breach" would be very case specific. It's true that not many pros get johns that want to suck their blood, but nothing in that suggests the paranormal. More likely they'll simply be denied service for being sickos, a potential job hazard.

That's the impression I get also, most of them are basically anti-social weirdos who only care about the acceptance of their own kind, and they secretly hate everyone else. They do not help others out of pure goodness, but in order to be (finally) accepted, to feel complete within.

Some of the progressive stuff in Star Trek TOS was greeted with confusion and rage from test audiences, like the woman officer from the pilot episode. In that case the bad reception came from women, how things have changed! :lol:

Being sired should always be a reduction of character, nothing is added. A vampire is a soulless, one-dimensional husk, no more than a demon really.

Sabbat always needs more shovelheads :smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. daveyarsegallant Magister Wumao

daveyarsegallant
    Masquerade breacher is a bit more serious than that. The whore might begin to blab about the sicko john to her friends, with word getting back to rivals in the camarilla or second inquisition about the weirdo who sucks blood. The whore might also decide not to let the vampire feed any longer, causing a potential chimp out from the vampire.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    This looks prophetic, double funny taking in consideration that probably was Brian who wrote this scene.

^ Top  
  25. Semiurge Liturgist

Semiurge
    Getting consent seems much more likely to breach masquerade, come to think of it. It implies that the human in question is aware that you mean to ingest their blood. The tradition of vampires biting strangers without consent is no better of course, realistically they should never actually bite anyone, for it invites the worst kind of suspicion. There are less suspicious ways of extracting someone's blood against their will, but biting has become a staple of vampire lore because of the fangs. Do victims of vampire bites in WoD suffer some kind of amnesia, perhaps? That still leaves those bite marks though. Don't tell me WoD vamps must bite in order to gain vitae's full benefits...

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.