Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

The Chinese Room is a Sumo studio, which is part of Sumo Digital, a studio-for-fire support ecosystem owned by Tencent, which is the 19th largest company in the world. They entered a joint funding deal with Paradox. Not nearly as big of course but they have a market-cap of over a billion dollars. At any rate, neither of these companies should have trouble putting up the money to find the labor and get the talent needed to get a game like this working.

And yet neither of these operations are capable of putting out a mediocre-at-best first-person pugilist (where they foolishly pointed to successful and well-received games like Elden Ring, God of War and Middle-Earth as points of references for what they're going for) game as "smoothly" as a mismanaged and rushed PC game from 2004 that was developed on unfinished technology.

Though it would appear that Paradox is having even more trouble than usual:

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/media/life-by-you-is-cancelled

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/prison-architect-2-delayed-release.1697795/

https://www.polygon.com/gaming/24194344/cities-skylines-2-console-version-delayed-paradox#:~:text=Cities: Skylines 2, the follow,2 has been postponed indefinitely.

Let's be realistic, imagine you can spend 200 million on making a Bloodlines 2 that ends up being amazing and a GOTY contender. How many copies would such a game sell? No matter what, Paradox would be lucky if Bloodlines 2 can sell as much as Alan Wake 2 did. The original Bloodlines was a flop that killed Troika so why would anyone pour money into making a Bloodlines 2? A Bloodlines 2 only makes sense if it is done at a reasonable budget.
While I do not want to give the idea that more money = better game, I would think it would be easier to sell a game that's touted as a GOTY contender than this, which looks cheap and lame.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

Phyre has been getting mocked a bit recently for its androgynous appearance and got the AI upgrade treatment.

Now that's a brujah female, despite the perhaps realistically short legs. Sort of like the fan made model replacement for Bloodlines that had a great (photosourced) latina face:

fHH544T.jpeg

In addition - have you ever even seen a genderfluid biker female, in real life or otherwise? Unless I've been lied to, the biker-bitches always look thotted up and unafraid to show some semblance of femininity. A white trashoid's semblance, but still. Hell, even the street punks of yore still possessed some kind of... "raw" femininity. They didn't embrace this horrid twink-andro look, despite their tough image. Femininity was still edgy and suitable for punk if done in that rude, overtly sexual and trashy way. Now, it's completely verboten.

In a few years entire films, tv shows and games could be created just from a good idea, without jumping through the bullshit agenda hoops.
You have it backwards. It's not that AI is better, is that things have gotten so bad that even AI -which is absolute slop- seems preferable.

AI can't help it, it churns out products that are endowed with the qualities it thinks are popular, including these physical traits. So the AI makes it even more obvious that devs are ideologically bound and are deliberately making characters ugly/andro. The public sure as hell doesn't want that, and AI reflects this.

GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

Phyre has been getting mocked a bit recently for its androgynous appearance and got the AI upgrade treatment.

That's why I think that if all these blue-haired "artists" were thrown out and replaced with AI, everyone would benefit.

Depends on who programs the AI. If its creativity is restricted with key words such as "inclusivity" and algorithms enforcing that, then nothing will change except that the new products will be even less creative than before.

World-of-Darkness-Tremere-Vampire-the-Masquerade-Bloodlines-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-4229139.jpeg

I've always had a soft spot for New Age chicks, and this one definitely stirred something in me. I jumped with her without needing to lift her skirt. That tattoo above the pussy is nice too.

Semiurge

Cipher
I've always had a soft spot for New Age chicks, and this one definitely stirred something in me. I jumped with her without needing to lift her skirt. That tattoo above the pussy is nice too.

It's a belly chain. But it was indeed a nice touch that nearly all player models had some flavor of "anti-fashion" attitude. They either had tattoos or piercings, I think the Ventrue and Toreador models were the only exception, maybe the Brujahs too.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
People are dying for authentic and mature experiences.

Seeing how the entire industry is double-downing on the ass Fortnite/Valorant aesthetic, I would assume they've done enough market research to confirm that yes, having good taste is dead.

Cheap, crap child aesthetics appear to be the most profitable.

Oh well, it's nice not to have competition.

skaraher

Prophet
GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

Now that's a brujah female, despite the perhaps realistically short legs. Sort of like the fan made model replacement for Bloodlines that had a great (photosourced) latina face:

fHH544T.jpeg

In addition - have you ever even seen a genderfluid biker female, in real life or otherwise? Unless I've been lied to, the biker-bitches always look thotted up and unafraid to show some semblance of femininity. A white trashoid's semblance, but still. Hell, even the street punks of yore still possessed some kind of... "raw" femininity. They didn't embrace this horrid twink-andro look, despite their tough image. Femininity was still edgy and suitable for punk if done in that rude, overtly sexual and trashy way. Now, it's completely verboten.

In a few years entire films, tv shows and games could be created just from a good idea, without jumping through the bullshit agenda hoops.
You have it backwards. It's not that AI is better, is that things have gotten so bad that even AI -which is absolute slop- seems preferable.

AI can't help it, it churns out products that are endowed with the qualities it thinks are popular, including these physical traits. So the AI makes it even more obvious that devs are ideologically bound and are deliberately making characters ugly/andro. The public sure as hell doesn't want that, and AI reflects this.

GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

That's why I think that if all these blue-haired "artists" were thrown out and replaced with AI, everyone would benefit.

Depends on who programs the AI. If its creativity is restricted with key words such as "inclusivity" and algorithms enforcing that, then nothing will change except that the new products will be even less creative than before.

World-of-Darkness-Tremere-Vampire-the-Masquerade-Bloodlines-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-4229139.jpeg

She looks like the kind of gal you find at neofolk concerts

Herumor

Scholar
The thing with the VTM: Redemption remake in Skyrim is that they're not allowed - by Activision or whoever holds the rights - to use the game's voice acting, soundtrack or anything really. And that really kills a lot of the good time I had with the original game.

Krivol

Magister
The thing with the VTM: Redemption remake in Skyrim is that they're not allowed - by Activision or whoever holds the rights - to use the game's voice acting, soundtrack or anything really. And that really kills a lot of the good time I had with the original game.
There will be a mod for a mod ;)

Semiurge

Cipher
GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

fHH544T.jpeg

GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

You should upload images to some other hosting service instead of embedding them directly. That cc-domain is blacklisted by many AVs.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

fHH544T.jpeg

GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

You should upload images to some other hosting service instead of embedding them directly. That cc-domain is blacklisted by many AVs.

I didn't know. image from Wiki don't work and I had problem with searching for proper screenshot.

Semiurge

Cipher
GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

fHH544T.jpeg

GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

I didn't know. image from Wiki don't work and I had problem with searching for proper screenshoot.

Just upload your link at imgur, copy link and replace the old link with it. Not that hard.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

fHH544T.jpeg

GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

I didn't know. image from Wiki don't work and I had problem with searching for proper screenshoot.

Just paste your link at imgur and reupload it.

When I did that last time they make fun of me! Or perhaps because I posted biig-booby oiled black lady? I'm not sure.

I try next time :)

Semiurge

Cipher
GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

fHH544T.jpeg

GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

Just paste your link at imgur and reupload it.

When I did that last time they make fun of me! Or perhaps because I posted biig-booby oiled black lady? I'm not sure.

I try next time :)

Ah, so you have an Imgur account. Try https://postimages.org/web if you don't want to upload to imgur without logging in. I don't see why you couldn't though.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

fHH544T.jpeg

GUJ9lw5WwAAY1dQ

She looks like the kind of gal you find at neofolk concerts

Yes, but you must know difference between New Age chicks and Burning Man Hippies. Smelly difference!

La vie sexuelle

Learned
To much work for failed project.

It doesn't matter how successful Rogue Trader is, it is quite obvious that Alexander Mishulin and Owlcat has certain old school attitudes towards respecing. They do not want players to respec and they want build choices to matter. This is not going to change for future Owlcat games even though it's a major causal player killer.

That's the path with big publishers, right? The Russo-Cyproid urojank was only an introduction to the actual activity. Owlcat climbed the backs of players eager for classic RPGs to enter the first league and finally start a good life, without those annoying nerds.

So not to be. Sad.
They clarified that they're working on isometric games still and one of them is a isometric game. I forgot to edit. My bad

Oh, that changes a lot. Is this a backup project? In case the 3D game ends up like Divinity 2?

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Oh, that changes a lot. Is this a backup project? In case the 3D game ends up like Divinity 2?
They're working on a unreal 5 game and a isometric game. Idk how many, but at least one of the games being made is isometric.

Idk why this convo end up in the vampire thread but alas lmao

La vie sexuelle

Learned
They're working on a unreal 5 game and a isometric game. Idk how many, but at least one of the games being made is isometric.

Idk why this convo end up in the vampire thread but alas lmao

I probably posted this in the wrong thread (I have several tabs open at once).

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The lack of an inventory, character sheet, or rpg skill mechanics is what I can’t wrap my head around. WTF were they thinking. I’m assuming the ability tree is all various combat abilities and little else.
Hire the Chinese Room, get a walking simulator

Turns out a tiger doesn't change its stripes
I used to be cautiously hopeful of a playable product, but that ship has sailed. Hire TCR, get a walking sim.

The President

Educated
I used to be cautiously hopeful of a playable product, but that ship has sailed. Hire TCR, get a walking sim.
How they handle the new dev diary on dialogue will give a definitive view on how the rest of the features we haven’t been shown yet will go.

I wish it wasn’t the case but right now I’m feeling the game will look great graphically, in that I think the Seattle environment will be very well done. I do actually think they’ll write a good narrative and the characters will be fairly convincing. Where I think they’ll get it wrong though will be the mechanics, I think we’ll get a nice environment that’ll be open and nice to look at but empty with few to no rpg features or things to do. ie. a nice looking walking sim with generic combat inserted at different set points.

We should have seen far more of this game by this point. I don’t see it coming out this year, unless they’ve done the best job at hiding in the industry we’ve seen in a while.

Wesp5

Arcane
I wish it wasn’t the case but right now I’m feeling the game will look great graphically, in that I think the Seattle environment will be very well done. I do actually think they’ll write a good narrative and the characters will be fairly convincing.

They managed to that with "Still wakes the Deep", the graphics and the atmosphere are fantastic, the characters are cool and the narrative is kind of convincing, although there isn't really much. Sadly there isn't really any gameplay ;)...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom